Jungian personality typing

Myweponsg00d

Hey, first of all, if this is considered "advertising" or something, just go ahead and lock it or whatever.

Anyway...so a long time ago, someone on the WoW Priest forums posted a link to a Jungian personality type test. I am usually skeptical of this type of thing, but I took it anyway and was suprised with the results. The test labeled me as an INFJ, a rare result (from what I've read). I was shocked, because the test took only minutes to complete, and described me perfectly.

What was even more suprising, most Priests (especially healing priests) came back with similar personality profiles. Here is a link to a test:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

And here is a link of the descriptions:

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/high-level.html

If you are interested, I highly reccomend trying the test out (don't read the descriptions of the personalities first...take the test first). It really helped me develop a sense of why I do the things that I do, and why I like the things that I like. Feel free to share your results here, and explain whether or not you feel like your result explains your personality, or maybe explains the types of games you like, characters you like to play, IRL job you have, etc.

A brief description of my results: INFJ "The Protector". I love being kind and caring with people. I am usually more concerned with someone elses satisfaction rather than my own. I am persuing a career in teaching because I love helping people, and I have a high sense of empathy that helps me connect to people and understand their thinking.

The most interesting thing is that INFJ is described as having a "sixth sense" about things. When I read this, my jaw dropped, because all my life I have had very strong "premonitions" about people, and have always had a gift for seeing through people's BS :grin:

Well this post turned out longer than I was expecting. Oh well, grats if you read it all.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took it, though I think I've done it already at some point.

Found the majority of the stuff it said to be reasonably accurate, with a few exceptions.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I posted one of these threads like a year ago, linking to a different website.

I remember I got INTP on multiple websites at the time.

Now, I´m getting straight INTJ only.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

INTJ.

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

67 25 62 67

Not much else to add.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Have any of you looked at the careers suggested for your personality type? I'm curious if others suggested careers are matching their current/planned careers.

My type, ENTJ, is a leader personality, so the suggestions were around management, politics, and law. I am pretty interested in politics and was considering being a lawyer, so I'd say it's pretty accurate.

ENTJ

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

11 62 12 56

ENTJ

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

Extraverted is the opposite of me. :rolleyes:

And only 12% Thinking?.... Thinking... is what I do.

I wanted a third option for most of the questions. "It depends" or "a balance of both"

Apparently I'm an ENTJ "The executive" (http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ENTJ.html )

Strength of the preferences % : Extraverted 33 Intuitive 62 Thinking 1 Judging 22

There are major portions of the type description that i don't recognize myself in one bit. I would put that down to a lack of self-understanding and introspection, but i have candid, open dialogs with close friends about how they perceive me. These mostly revolve around the "judging" criterion. how the hell can i be 1% thinking though, that makes no sense to me at all.

Particularly this paragraph really bothers me:

There is not much room for error in the world of the ENTJ. They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency. They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings. ENTJs, like many types, have difficulty seeing things from outside their own perspective. Unlike other types, ENTJs naturally have little patience with people who do not see things the same way as the ENTJ. The ENTJ needs to consciously work on recognizing the value of other people's opinions, as well as the value of being sensitive towards people's feelings. In the absence of this awareness, the ENTJ will be a forceful, intimidating and overbearing individual. This may be a real problem for the ENTJ, who may be deprived of important information and collaboration from others. In their personal world, it can make some ENTJs overbearing as spouses or parents
I can find no question that outlines the possible difference in how you treat your own mistakes and the mistakes of others. I hate making mistakes, a born perfectionist. But i don't hold others to the standards i hold myself. That would indeed make me overbearing, but i can't find a question that relates to how you treat others differently from yourself at all. Inferring that the treatment is identical is a major flaw in the test in my opinion. How you treat others in relation to yourself defines how your relationships function.

further, this makes me sound like some sort of robot, rather than balanced, thinking individual, again because i couldn't choose an option that "both are important to me" rather than answering simply yes / no after close consideration between two options i believe are almost equally important:

Although ENTJs are not naturally tuned into other people's feelings, these individuals frequently have very strong sentimental streaks. Often these sentiments are very powerful to the ENTJ, although they will likely hide it from general knowledge, believing the feelings to be a weakness. Because the world of feelings and values is not where the ENTJ naturally functions, they may sometimes make value judgments and hold onto submerged emotions which are ill-founded and inappropriate, and will cause them problems - sometimes rather serious problems.

I did find one thing particularly striking though:

There's nothing more enjoyable and satisfying to the ENTJ than having a lively, challenging conversation. They especially respect people who are able to stand up to the ENTJ, and argue persuasively for their point of view. There aren't too many people who will do so, however, because the ENTJ is a very forceful and dynamic presence who has a tremendous amount of self-confidence and excellent verbal communication skills. Even the most confident individuals may experience moments of self-doubt when debating a point with an ENTJ.
This is a sentiment i can call somewhat of a personal truth. I respect those who will partake in discussion very thoroughly, if their reasoning and logic holds some epistemological value. However, they do have to have reasoned views if i will consider them. In my more philosophical, discussion-based classes, (Theory of Knowledge, Philosophy, literary analysis, history) I find a lot of people cannot separate argument from person, so they are indeed intimidated to silence although they could provide interesting new views and arguments to a discussion, however eloquently or bluntly uttered the argument remains the same. It doesn't matter who presents an argument, the arguments and views hold importance in a discussion, not people.

I discuss to broaden my horizons and widen my perspectives, culminating in me constantly wanting to re-examine my pre-held dispositions. That may lead to a change in sentiment or not. Either way, my views are re-examined critically. There are few arenas where you can thank and complement someone's commitment in uttering their views, and then examine these views critically. That makes you look two-faced due to the perception that when someone disagrees with your views, they attack you as a person.

I wish less people would be intimidated by a personally perceived threshold for participating in true discussion: for the sake of discussion, not mission, propagating personal views or attacking people.

all in all, 20 minutes well spent :P

ISTJ

100 38 1 1

Reading the description, some of it is surprisingly accurate whereas some are just a little off.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

ENTJ

11 62 12 56

ENTJ

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

You were a bit close on the I/E. You should check out the definition of an INTJ and see if it's any closer.

wl7w9j.png

ISTJ

Introverted(44), Sensing(12), Thinking(38), Judging(33)

Apparently, I should be a businessman or a law official. Either one sounds great. Clint Eastwood has the same typingicon_thumbs.gif

ENTJ

11 62 12 56

ENTJ

You were a bit close on the I/E. You should check out the definition of an INTJ and see if it's any closer.

Seems more fitting.

To be honest, though, 12% thinking is very weird to me. I do my thinking more than I do anything else.

I can find no question that outlines the possible difference in how you treat your own mistakes and the mistakes of others. I hate making mistakes, a born perfectionist. But i don't hold others to the standards i hold myself. That would indeed make me overbearing, but i can't find a question that relates to how you treat others differently from yourself at all. Inferring that the treatment is identical is a major flaw in the test in my opinion. How you treat others in relation to yourself defines how your relationships function.

I think the idea is that in your most primal or instinctive state of mind, you would hold others to standards of perfection. The test said the same thing about me, that I hold people to ridiculous standards that may detriment my personal relationships.

However, over time, I have learned to value other's opinions and also to be proud of the effort that people put forth, regardless of whether or not it was perfect.

So I don't think that the descriptions necessarily outline what you do in a real setting, but rather the way you might be inclined to think if you hadnt learned a more socially acceptable behavior somewhere along the lines.

Seems more fitting.

To be honest, though, 12% thinking is very weird to me. I do my thinking more than I do anything else.

From posts that you have made in other threads, you appear to have a strong sense of morality if I remember correctly. Any type of response that involves morality will bring you more towards the F and less towards the T.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Seems more fitting.

From posts that you have made in other threads, you appear to have a strong sense of morality if I remember correctly. Any type of response that involves morality will bring you more towards the F and less towards the T.

Morality cancels/counters/stands in the contrary of thinking? That makes no sense. :unsure:

wow

ENFJ

Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.

Click here for a detailed description of ENFJ.

perhaps i dont come across quite like this on these boards, but the accurate description said a lot of things which i know to be true about myself

amazing test tbh, good to keep in mind

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

ENTJ

It's like they're stalking me :ohnoes: However I find "Little patience" an understatement for how I get when I assign someone a job in a group and they fail to meet my deadline.

They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings.

Hahaha so true...

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion