Celtic Knot Sliding Puzzles

Dire_Wolf

OK, i want to prepare for the ELITE CLUES, and therefor i want to try out new puzzles that can be found on the net.

But first: Does anyone know how a Knot Sliding Puzzle work?

And do you know of Puzzle games that we can try to practise?

Our final update this month starts with a rework of our old treasure trails. We wanted to make sure that players felt more rewarded for doing every treasure trail and not just rely on blind luck to get a treasure trail-only reward or cool pieces of costume. So weve changed all of the existing trails to ensure that youll always get a unique, trail-specific reward every time you open the reward casket at the end! Naturally, to achieve this, we needed to add a plethora of new rewards and challenges, so this update will also introduce a brand new set of treasure trails called the elite treasure trails and new rewards.

These trails (dropped only by high-level boss monsters like the Skeletal Horror and Bork) introduce a new puzzle known as the celtic knot. These knot puzzles are similar in style to the sliding tile puzzles, but with a whole new set of challenges to solve them. You may also be asked to fight a Guthix wizard while searching for the 150+ new rewards, many of which have been added to the existing trails in the game. Look out for dragon masks, 3rd Age prayer gear, holy ranger gear, treasure trail-specific familiars and animal staves to name just a few.

EDIT by SirHemen:

Thanks Bad

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what came up when I wiki'd it

SixPartWoodKnot.jpg

Looks right challenging :(

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

they said celtic knot, wikipedia has this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_knot

not very helpful <_<

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

yeah, this belongs in general discussion.

And if its like what monkey posted id assume it would be like a puzzle where you put it together?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Yikes that looks challenging :ohnoes: a little to challenging, though the rewards sound awsome might have to start killing bork and skele horror more often. :thumbsup:

slaykan.png Good Timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.

images-1.jpgThere is dignity in suffering, nobility in pain, but failure is a salted wound, that burns over and over again.

Well sliding puzzles are more time consuming than a challenge so something which actually is hard may be fun. Maybe they will use a form of 3D sliding puzzle?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I can imagine the horror Runescapers will experience when they finish this puzzle and their reward turns out to be junk :twisted:

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

http://www.puzzlemist.com/celticknot.html

ugh?

hopefully not that haha

I think that may be it.

it has taken me 3-4 years to master sliding puzzles.

I'm going to go kill myself once I get one of those.

The real question is how to implement those into runescape :l

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I can imagine the horror Runescapers will experience when they finish this puzzle and their reward turns out to be junk :twisted:

Bob shirts, anyone?

And tbh, I think the puzzle posted above is it. Doesn't really look too hard though. At first glance, you think "oh [cabbage] it's like a 3d sliding puzzle!", but in reality, that only works to your benefit since you can use logical thinking skills more.

I get a 404 error from that link.

DM0Yq2c.png

So did I.

Mine? Aw.. well anyways I can't tell if I've completed it or not.. nothing comes up telling me whether I have. :thumbdown:

I imagine it's a safe link though, as I'm on a government computer with superfirewallpower. Sadly all ports are blocked, so no Runescaping for me. :thumbdown:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

So did I.

Fixed Link

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I dont understand what im trying to make it look like.

DM0Yq2c.png