Onyx Ring (i)

Xanotex

When should the Onyx Ring (i) be used? Don't tell me not to get it etc because I am getting it anyways, just wondering where it's good at.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Everywhere.

Literally, except maybe the cases where RoL is better, such as Rock Lobsters. Also, on low-defense monsters, a Zerker (i) is better.

Waste of time don't bother.

Use it any time youre killing something that has high defence and you use stab (this does not include slayer, use zerker (i) for that since you have 300 rank anyway), and anywhere you use multiple combat styles (tds/dks come to mind) and ehm I think thats about it. Make sure you don't have it protect over something important since I think it tends to do that.

Also dont listen to me I dont even have it myself

2dvjurb.png

I worked up to 300 rank within the first few days MA came out and got an Onyx Ring (i). I love it and use it everywhere.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Any time you range or mage, and any time you're fighting a high defence monster with melee. It's especially useful when you hy/tribrid DKs, where you utilise the benefits of all the attack styles. It's also good for the higher-tier dragons, seeing as it gives the best stab bonus for a ring.

Bear in mind the dragonstone (i) ring is all +5 instead of +6 like the onyx (i), so in places you're worried that you may die, the dragonstone (i) may be a better choice. As PereGrin says, the onyx (i) protects over absolutely everything.

Honestly, where SHOULDN'T you use it is a better question....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Don't use in pvp worlds

cause you could lose it

OH MY GOD THIS MAN JUST SAVED ME LIKE A MONTH OF WORK THANK U SO MUCH I HAD TOTALLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT PVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Don't use in pvp worlds

cause you could lose it

OH MY GOD THIS MAN JUST SAVED ME LIKE A MONTH OF WORK THANK U SO MUCH I HAD TOTALLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT PVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?

You're going to spend 16m on a ring with only + ONE better stats in everything than a Dragonstone (i), which not only doesn't protect over everything, but saves you 16m? I HIGHLY doubt the +1 bonus will ever save you 16m.

Sumondskull6.png

You're going to spend 16m on a ring with only + ONE better stats in everything than a Dragonstone (i), which not only doesn't protect over everything, but saves you 16m? I HIGHLY doubt the +1 bonus will ever save you 16m.

You can resell the ring.

It's the best ring

It's the best ring

Best ring as in if you need the defense and accuracy in many attack styles, if you aren't or don't, seer, archer, berserker, and hell, even warrior(i) can be better than it in most situations. For all the situations mentioned as of yet, TD-s, bandos and DK-s might be the only ones where it is actually better than the before-mentioned rings, although you do have to own them all. For the other places mentioned- kbd is a joke, miths don't have incredible defense with all these new accuracy boosts anymore and what matters at corp is the maximum damage you can inflict, not high average damage, so berkserker(i) gets you more kills(ffa).

As for it costing 16m, i doubt anyone who can't afford it is going to bother getting it, and it's not as though you lose the 16m buying it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Surely it protecting over everything is a good thing? I haven't done any MA, but I hear from friends it isn't fun getting the required rank. Also onyx isn't cheap these days, I'd be pretty pissed if I lost it.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

You can resell the ring.

But you end up losing some 200k+ in reward credits, which is ~150k in investment credits.

You can resell the ring.

But you end up losing some 200k+ in reward credits, which is ~150k in investment credits.

It's pretty easy to get 200k reward credits once you're 300+ rank. Also, I think onyx is a lot cheaper than to imbue than the barbarian rings. I'll have to double-check.

EDIT: Onyx is about 144k credits to imbue while the barb rings are about 205k.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The main things I use it for:

• Metal dragons (stab bonus)
  • Corp (stab bonus)
  • Jad tasks (range + melee bonuses)
  • Any kind of boss hunting (all types of def bonus, especially the elusive magic defence)

I'd also recommend getting the berserker (i), which is great for waterfiends (crush + str bonus), and any low-defence monster hunting.

lalalasig2.png