An Alternative to Banning

Grimy_Bunyip

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, as far as I know, nobody has yet been banned for manipulation. If anybody ever does I'm sure smokin mils and maybe gertjaars would be the first to go.

Also, I don't think this would be an effective punishment for all the bannable offences. Take the following for example:

# Knowingly exploiting a bug

# Jagex staff impersonation

# Password, account, bank PIN or item scamming

# Encouraging others to break the rules

* Asking for or providing contact information such as full names, ages, postal or email addresses, telephone numbers or bank details

* Discussing or advocating illegal activity of any kind, such as the use of illegal drugs

* Advertising other websites

In many cases people who break these sorts of rules would not be deterred by having to pay money or not getting good exp rates because most of the people who do this kind of stuff are noobs.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

Nice idea, perhaps banning could be of issue if they are repeated offenders, and if they are perm banned everything they own (That can be traded) will be dumped into the Grand Exchange in some form or fashion. I thought of a way that could work with bots, simply wiped their account, such as stats, items, everything.

Another method I thought of that could be used for autoers is to make them gain negative experience for whatever they do. Not only that anything they sell gives them no money at all, similar to your idea. It could work well, would cause some interesting things for a person who isn't noticing that they are gaining negative experience :lol:. Of course the negative experience would be a lot larger compared too what they normally gain, like if they cut something that would give them 100 experience, they loose 1000 experience. Whatever works, it's fairly better then simply banning them.

vizardsig-1.png

@Whoever said Chessy sells mils like no one else before, google R2Pleasent. Have fun.

I think that they should introduce IP suspensions. ALL accounts from banned IPs should be temporarily banned. If they have a dynamic IP, it would be easy to get around, if not... Then say good bye to RS for a while. If people share a computer, Jagex should let them sort it out between themselves (fistycuffs, anyone?).

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

well I read only part way in agreeing with these punishments until I relized one thing. That person could just as well just quit playing runescape or out of pure evil NOT put those items back into the market. This would make it worse, and runescape would be the MMORPG known for cruel and unusual punishment. Honestly, they should be able to see into the banned players' banks and if there is a significant amount of expensive items or any amount of extremely rare items remove them. Then at that point they could find ways to recirculate those items like just putting them up on the GE and having the spent money removed from the game, also providing an effective gold sink and still banning those evil people.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

well I read only part way in agreeing with these punishments until I relized one thing. That person could just as well just quit playing runescape or out of pure evil NOT put those items back into the market.

Wouldn't the same thing happen anyway if they got banned?

I don't know if this has suggested yet, but to punish them stat-wise, wouldn't it be good to have an option to sell their earned XP for cash, to pay the fine? Or does that just sound silly?

Margus.png

maybe i skimmed over it but what if the fine was 50mil and the person only had 45mil net worth?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]