League of Legends

anScooter

1wgaZ.png

Mine is a mightier Garen

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya

I started playing league of legends a month or so ago and quickly discovered that I loved playing as the support role. Maybe it's a girl thing?

The first champion I started with was Sona but quickly found playing her was a bit boring as you merely press buttons there was no skill shot or challenge to playing her so I was really happy to hear of the release of Nami.

So here is a video compilation I made with nami + Caitlyn combo bot lane . It's nothing amazing as I am both new to this game and was just a few days worth of games but I had lots of fun making it and finding suitable music to mix with the clips!

I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQJ5cSFB5Ac

-Miss Liddles / Lydia

Anyone else think the season 3 changes haven't been too great so far? As primarily a jungler the new jungle just seems kind of meh with still having to give up camps constantly, just seems a lot easier to fall behind as a jungler now than previously with no real benefit. That on top of everywhere being warded now just makes jungle a lot less fun to play and a whole lot less rewarding.

Anyone else think the season 3 changes haven't been too great so far? As primarily a jungler the new jungle just seems kind of meh with still having to give up camps constantly, just seems a lot easier to fall behind as a jungler now than previously with no real benefit. That on top of everywhere being warded now just makes jungle a lot less fun to play and a whole lot less rewarding.

That and you are still the first guy everyone blames if something goes wrong.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• 4 weeks later...

New ranked system for League of Legends has been released.

To people who play ranked, is it easier or harder to advance through the "tiers" compared to the ratings from before?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

New ranked system for League of Legends has been released.

To people who play ranked, is it easier or harder to advance through the "tiers" compared to the ratings from before?

Looks like you get about the same LP as you would have gotten elo. But you now have immediate goals to strive for, getting into the next tier league, rather than broad tiers (gold/plat/diamond/etc). I like the change.

I'm first in my league atm haha. Only because no one else has played a ranked game yet.

iSECYQT.jpg?1

I'm not sure how I feel about the concept of the best of 3/best of 5 promotion series. Seems like there could be a lot of frustration if you get unlucky and lose your series a few times in a row and have to keep starting over.

But I've only played a few games so far, so I don't have enough experience to give a proper opinion.

I'm also in Silver I 8-)

Although I was gold at the start of the preseason and dropped to silver before the new ranked system came out :(

I started in silver 1, won 3 games in a row, got a paltry 26 points, lost the next game and was deducted 20 lp. I then lost 2 more games after that, putting me at 3 wins/3 losses in ranked, and I was demoted to silver 2, 50 points below where I started. I was pretty annoyed by that. But I've worked my way back up since then.

I did good in my placement games (6 wins, 4 losses) putting me at a reasonable Silver V.

But then my games started going horribly wrong. Now I have more losses than wins :(

As a person who mains support (and Sona at that) I guess that could be the reason I lose more often than win...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I did good in my placement games (6 wins, 4 losses) putting me at a reasonable Silver V.

But then my games started going horribly wrong. Now I have more losses than wins sad.gif

As a person who mains support (and Sona at that) I guess that could be the reason I lose more often than win...

Atleast you don't have to worry about falling to bronze. ^.^

I should try playing again. Does level have any effect on placement? I'm only level 6 or so.

You need level 30 and 16 champions before you can do ranked.

It is highly recommended to play and own several champs of each role (bruiser top, jungler, AP mid, AD bot, support bot), as well as getting runepages for them before even considering ranked. Make sure the champs you want to try aren't permbanned on ranked. The champs currently being Malphite, Shen, Amumu and Blitzcrank. (Why do people ban Blitz over Thresh, geez...)

Don't start buying runes until summoner level 20, where you have access to tier 3 runes.

Buy the following.

Marks x9 (red):

- attack damage for lasthitting as an AD carry.

- magic penetration for tanks, supports and AP mids.

- armor penetration can be useful on some AD carries and junglers.

- attack speed for junglers.

Seals x9 (yellow):

- mana regen PER LEVEL for AP mids.

- health PER LEVEL for AP mids that don't require mana.

- armor for everyone else.

Glyphs x9 (blue):

- ability power PER LEVEL for aggressive/burst AP.

- cooldowns if you are Nasus, Veigar or Sion. Some supports might find this handy earlygame too.

- magic resist for defensive AP.

- magic resist PER LEVEL for everyone else.

Quintessences x3 (big ones):

- attack damage for AD.

- ability power for AP.

- gold per 10 sec for supports.

- movement speed for everyone else, tanks and melee characters mainly.

- health if your abilities benefit from HP, this is mostly an earlygame benefit though.

- armor penetration can be useful for jungling, but not too sure.

- magic penetration can also be useful for jungling, but again, not too sure.

If you really want to get one kind of rune first, I suggest you get these first.

Red: a choice between attack damage, magic penetration and armor penetration, you decide.

Yellow: armor

Blue: magic resist PER LEVEL

Quintessences: movement speed

I'm normally against making ingame purchases with real money, but buying the 7 rune page bundle will save you a LOT of much needed grinding, so buy that if possible. Spending IP on rune pages just takes way too long. Spend IP on runes and champions instead.

Did I confuse you enough? :3

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Finally got gold rating in ranked today. ^.^ I lost my first promotion series a couple days ago but got a 3 win streak during this one.

• 3 months later...

Well, I tried this again, after my 10th ban on HON.

(HON only has the worst community in multiplayer video gaming, the game is dying because of it, and S2's only solution was to hire mods who don't do anything about the raging shitfests in chat and instead ban people that don't play at their level or some bs even when you are in casual mode or unranked midwars...)

As luck would have it, I found this fiora chick.

First, decent hero I have run across on this game.

Maybe I'll make it to level 30 or something with her and fill out my runes with attack speed. 8-)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

(HON only has the worst community in multiplayer video gaming, the game is dying because of it, and S2's only solution was to hire mods who don't do anything about the raging shitfests in chat and instead ban people that don't play at their level or some bs even when you are in casual mode or unranked midwars...)

Maybe I'll make it to level 30 or something with her and fill out my runes with attack speed. 8-)

And then find out that she's quite the weak champion and that most attack speed runes are a waste of ip.

But if you're having fun with it I guess that's all that matters.

And then find out that she's quite the weak champion and that most attack speed runes are a waste of ip.

But if you're having fun with it I guess that's all that matters.

I just play the ones I like not what the "pros" like.

I.e. supports suck, junglers will get you banned because you can't get out of the jungle fast enough for the general tard populace, and tanks in this game look under-defensed like dota 2 (bristleback being the exception if you manage to turn your back to the enemy in time).

So, I'm only interested in carrys and gankers.

I probably go more for carrys because I usually like to play well at the end, nothing as annoying as you doing well and then starting to suck balls because the damage on your spells is fixed while everybody's hp rises.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

This game's pretty fun but the community and game mechanics get kind of annoying. As I get better at this game, it becomes less fun. The more skilled my teammates are, the more quickly they jump down my throat as soon as I do something "wrong."

My team engages with enemy team and we're clearly all about to die so I escape. Teammates yell at me for being a coward.

My team engages with enemy team and we're clearly all about to die but I keep fighting. Teammates yell at me for feeding.

Enemy's about to escape so I snipe w/ Caitlyn for the kill. Teammate rages at me for kill stealing.

Enemy's about to escape but I try to let my teammate finish them. Teammate rages at me for letting enemy escape.

77yLQy8.png