League of Legends

anScooter

Downloaded LoL a couple of days ago. Tried a couple of champions (the three tutorial champions, Sivir, Shen, and Kayle), and found that I am absolute crap with meleers, but decent with the ranged carries.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Sivir and Ashe? I'm looking at playing one of those two. I find that I kill enemy champions more easily with Ashe, but that I can decimate through enemies in lategame better with Sivir. Which one is better (or at least when each one is better)? Are there any other alternatives? Looking through videos, I wouldn't mind trying Anivia if I had the IP to buy her, or if she was free for the week.

You'd do well learning ashe, her ultimate changes games. Sivir is really weak at the moment.

Ashe Pros

Game changing ultimate (1 good arrow can turn an entire fight)

permanent slow with her q

Cons

Passive is useless late game

no escape skills

Sivir Pros

Long range poke with q

teamwide aura

Sivir Cons

no escape skills

shorter auto attack range

Sivir is good for her ultimate only, it's a team wide aoe movement speed and attack speed buff. Most of the other ad carrys excel at her role better.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded LoL a couple of days ago. Tried a couple of champions (the three tutorial champions, Sivir, Shen, and Kayle), and found that I am absolute crap with meleers, but decent with the ranged carries.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Sivir and Ashe? I'm looking at playing one of those two. I find that I kill enemy champions more easily with Ashe, but that I can decimate through enemies in lategame better with Sivir. Which one is better (or at least when each one is better)? Are there any other alternatives? Looking through videos, I wouldn't mind trying Anivia if I had the IP to buy her, or if she was free for the week.

You'd do well learning ashe, her ultimate changes games. Sivir is really weak at the moment.

Ashe Pros

Cons

no escape skills

Sivir Pros

Long range poke with q

teamwide aura

Sivir Cons

no escape skills

Sivir is good for her ultimate only, it's a team wide aoe movement speed and attack speed buff. Most of the other ad carrys excel at her role better.

Thanks, bought a few runes that were recommended in guides and put points in some masteries, I'll try one more bot game, then I'll try using Ashe against other players.

22031_s.gif

Ashe is the "weakest" late game carry because she doesn't have any auto attack steroids. Her ult is amazing, but needs a coordinated team to follow through.

I think Sivir is underrated in general, but they kind of do different things. Sivir can put out some pretty insane aoe damage in a team fight if she lands her boomerang and bouncing blades on a lot of people, and her ult is awesome.

As for AD carries in general, it may seem easier to rely on champs with range attacks, but as you get to higher levels you'll see that it's one of the toughest positions to play because you need to really know how to position yourself and kite.

Personally, I can play all positions, but prefer playing AP/mid champs - particularly high skillcap champs like Kat/Anivia/Orianna

Been playing for about 3 years now. Really enjoy it as a game and along with RuneScape, is one of the main procrastinating tools at my disposal. Played over 1800 normals, won 940+. Played plenty of Ranked matches, but due to the community I tend to avoid them. It's hard enough trying to get along with people in Normal games.

Tend to main Junglers and Solo Tops, but I can play and adapt to any role.

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

As for AD carries in general, it may seem easier to rely on champs with range attacks, but as you get to higher levels you'll see that it's one of the toughest positions to play because you need to really know how to position yourself and kite.

I played a Hunter in WoW, so I know the basics of kiting, I'll look over a few videos on how Ashe kites, but I don't think I'll get into LoL ranked, or anything more competitive than a game a day, if even that.

I did notice that my biggest weakness is that I get caught offguard easily and then I get thrashed by somebody from behind, which is why I liked Sivir during those moments because of her E ability.

22031_s.gif

Are there any other alternatives? Looking through videos, I wouldn't mind trying Anivia if I had the IP to buy her, or if she was free for the week.

She's very high skill cap (and also not an AD and thus has totally different playstyles and team goals). Very powerful though, as anyone who's watched Froggen at tournaments (EU player) will tell you.

Ashe Pros

Cons

no escape skills

Sivir Pros

Long range poke with q

teamwide aura

Sivir Cons

no escape skills

Ashe also has hawkshot which is really potent vision.

However, Sivir isn't quite as weak as you make her out to be. Her teamfight damage is quite high because of ricochet and then there's of course her ultimate, which synergizes with certain bruisers like Jax and Udyr. Her laning fairly strong, especially against big CC lanes like Leona/Blitz/Ali. With a CC support of her own she can chunk pretty hard with Q+AA+W+AA.

I personally like Caitlyn the best and she's fairly easy to learn and master. A lot of people find her boring, but there's just something fun about trying to poke down your opponent and force them out of lane as much as possible using your ridiculous range. I also love using her ult. Even though it's probably one of the weaker AD carry ults, it's just so satisfying to successfully snipe a target.

The best combo of strong/useful/easy to pick up right now is probably Graves. Huge burst, great steroid + escape, smokescreen is unique and powerful, and passive is very strong for trades/dueling.

The best combo of strong/useful/easy to pick up right now is probably Graves. Huge burst, great steroid + escape, smokescreen is unique and powerful, and passive is very strong for trades/dueling.

Graves is my go-to champion when playing bottom lane. Absolutely love his burst potential. Goes amazingly well with both Taric and Leona too (Who are my go-to's for Support :P)

Caitlyn is a great AD carry for newbies because of her extremely long range. You can poke and kite much more easily, which will ease you into doing the same with higher skill capped champions.

I personally enjoy playing Twisted Fate (he the first champion I bought). I'm not that great at LoL, but TF seems to fit my support/defensive playstyle. Jax and Cait are also very fun to play, which is surprising, since I despise melee in this game.

In other news, Jayce seems pretty glitchy, especially his melee Q. Did Riot pull another Darius and not playtest their champ at all?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

In other news, Jayce seems pretty glitchy, especially his melee Q. Did Riot pull another Darius and not playtest their champ at all?

What's up with his Q?

It's very glitchy. Sometimes he will jump straight up in the air and do damage, but not move at all. Another time he didnt jump or move at all, just straight up did damage, plus I was targeting someone behind a wall. And he can get pushed back by another Jayce while mid-air. Just lots of little things like that.

It's very glitchy. Sometimes he will jump straight up in the air and do damage, but not move at all. Another time he didnt jump or move at all, just straight up did damage, plus I was targeting someone behind a wall. And he can get pushed back by another Jayce while mid-air. Just lots of little things like that.

I've not noticed it ingame, but I haven't actually played him yet. Just with and against.

I haven't played him yet, but seen a few weird things happen. Most cc interactions are a little bit glitchy depending on what order they're landed in. Same champ matchups are even more glitchy because you have the same abilities and it's not really clear what happens if you use the same skill at the same time the enemy does.

And even with his nerfs to early game damage in this patch, jungle Nautilus is still a monster. You really can't run away from someone with 4 different forms of cc (hook, snare, slow, knockup). Won every game I played with him last night (4 games).

Jayce is really fun. I've really only fooled around with him on dominion, but he's got an amazing kit. His q in ranged form, when accelerated by his e gate, has a longer range than nidalee's spear and varus charged arrow. I jungled with him in 1 game, and I just kept going midlane, sitting in the bush, and longshotting a q at the ap ezreal, chunking him pretty good with 1 attack from an insane distance.

Eugh. Jayce has such a big power creep.

Too much ambiguity, can't counter pick something that can go any lane. And his stuff is annoying passive to whatever the shit he is building.

Bad for the meta.

I really hate not being level 30. No runes, only partly filled masteries... bleh. Grinding out bot games since I don't like playing this type of game without my friends. And I wish we could have more than 10 mastery pages.

Also found this little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl-4bnMCY58&feature=g-all-f

(man this new posting setup is annoying... no media button, no link button like before... bleh)

I really hate not being level 30. No runes, only partly filled masteries... bleh. Grinding out bot games since I don't like playing this type of game without my friends. And I wish we could have more than 10 mastery pages.

I know, all the useful runes take over a hundred thousand IP to get. I loathe having to farm over a thousand games just to get on an equal playing field. Not to mention spending all that IP to get the champions for them.

Too much ambiguity, can't counter pick something that can go any lane. And his stuff is annoying passive to whatever the shit he is building.

Bad for the meta.

He's not going to be able to compete with corki/graves on bottom lane, and he can't compete with the utility of ashe, or the tank destroyer vayne, he's a mediocre ad carry at best. 500 auto range isn't very good. He can't ap mid as most of his skills scale off ad. That leaves top and jungle which a lot of champions can go in either.

Bad for the meta.

He's not going to be able to compete with corki/graves on bottom lane, and he can't compete with the utility of ashe, or the tank destroyer vayne, he's a mediocre ad carry at best. 500 auto range isn't very good. He can't ap mid as most of his skills scale off ad. That leaves top and jungle which a lot of champions can go in either.

You literally missed the point. If you were to pick any of those it would be pretty obvious what lane they're going. Easy to pick something that works well against them. Can't really do the same with Jayce it's only viable to counterpick an after laning counter.

You can assume he is either going jungle or top is what I'm saying, as he can't really fit into other roles very well. Yes he can ad carry, but those will be few and far between.

Bad for the meta.

You literally missed the point. If you were to pick any of those it would be pretty obvious what lane they're going. Easy to pick something that works well against them. Can't really do the same with Jayce it's only viable to counterpick an after laning counter.

Eh, same can be said for Jarvan. He could literally go all four lane and still be considered viable. Solo top Jarvan and jungle Jarvan is standard, Jarvan/Leona kill lane is powerful too, he can burst down most AP mid with his early game damage AND he can even play support if forced to.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.