Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

League of Legends

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

anScooter
[ Display Name History ]

anScooter

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Randuin
  • RSN2:Q 4 Dyslexia
Does anybody else here play League of Legends? It's pretty fun, and it's free with the option to buy Characters and Character skins, among other things. (Although you can buy characters with ingame points too) If you haven't played it, try it out, it is free to sign up and download.

https://signup.leagu...en/signup/index

The trailer is pretty sweet too.

Also, if you do play, let's get some discussion going. Favorite champs, suggestions, questions, etc.

edit: Forgot to mention, League of Legends is a Real Time Strategy game where you choose a champion and work with 2 or 4 other players in an attempt to destroy their Nexus (base) wile defending from the other team of 3 or 5 trying to destroy your base.

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
I play. :) It's a lot more fun that I thought it would be at first. I have a few champions bought already, and my favorites are Ashe, Shaco, Katarina, and Twisted Fate. The only thing I don't really like too much right now is that there is only two maps, I think they should expand on that. I also think that RIOT needs to fix some of the more "broken" champions, such as Xin Zhao. Other than that, it's a fantastic game.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I got into the Beta of it but the tutorial was bugged and not completable which put me right off. Even in the beta you should be able to play.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

anScooter
[ Display Name History ]

anScooter

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts

I play. :) It's a lot more fun that I thought it would be at first. I have a few champions bought already, and my favorites are Ashe, Shaco, Katarina, and Twisted Fate. The only thing I don't really like too much right now is that there is only two maps, I think they should expand on that. I also think that RIOT needs to fix some of the more "broken" champions, such as Xin Zhao. Other than that, it's a fantastic game.

I didn't know what to expect when I first started, but even when I was losing and not getting very many kills I was having a blast. My favorite champions are Master Yi and Nunu. I also agree there should be more maps. It does get a bit stale playing on the same two maps all the time.

I got into the Beta of it but the tutorial was bugged and not completable which put me right off. Even in the beta you should be able to play.

The tutorial is fixed now, and honestly it was the most boring part of the game. you should try it out again.

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude

It's a Beta for the reason.

I'm sick and tired of game companies putting out demos and calling them Betas, then when a proper beta comes around people complain that it doesn't work. That's not what they're designed for and it's a trend in this "generation" of gaming that really annoys me.

Ankit
[ Display Name History ]

Ankit

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • RSN:Rawr Ankit
  • Clan:Solace
Some Solace members play it.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member | Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist
Posted Image
I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp

I'm sick and tired of game companies putting out demos and calling them Betas, then when a proper beta comes around people complain that it doesn't work. That's not what they're designed for and it's a trend in this "generation" of gaming that really annoys me.

True, but a bug like that should have been dealt with much earlier than the Beta. At that stage you were forced to play the tutorial before being able to play the rest. This wasn't even early on into the beta, but was about halfway through if I remember rightly.

to be honest though, the game didn't feel very good either. It is another DotA type game, but much less polished. The camera and controls didn't feel right either.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
I'm not going to get into another argument but lets just say I think it's a terrible game.

anScooter
[ Display Name History ]

anScooter

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts

True, but a bug like that should have been dealt with much earlier than the Beta. At that stage you were forced to play the tutorial before being able to play the rest. This wasn't even early on into the beta, but was about halfway through if I remember rightly.

to be honest though, the game didn't feel very good either. It is another DotA type game, but much less polished. The camera and controls didn't feel right either.

The game has come a long way since the Beta. It is, in my opinion, better than DotA. Also there are many different ways to have the camera, so that shouldn't be a problem. I understand the controls, because they are pretty stale, but if you use the hotkeys it isn't that bad. They should make it so that you can customize the hotkeys though.

I'm not going to get into another argument but lets just say I think it's a terrible game.

I'm not trying to fuel an argument, but how much of the game have you actually played, if any at all? Also have you played DotA or Heroes of Neworth?

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
I play HoN a lot and am working on getting into playing it more competitively.

As far as LoL goes I have not played it however I think the mechanics that they changed over from DoTA are dumb and only helped to dumb down the game (towers doing more damage, no denies, gameplay is slower paced and fights last a lot longer). In all honesty I should play the game to help support my opinion but in all honesty I'm not trying to review the game here so why should I bother.

That is all I'm going to really say about the game. Like I said I don't feel comfortable "Debating" about a game I have never played.

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
I got introduced to a game a week ago, i've played some. I got put off at the begining because after each match it resets your items and champ levels, and nothing in the game ever mentioned this mechanic. Maybe this is standard in the genre. I have a few champs, my favorites being Teemo followed by Sivir. Roughly the same builds work for them as well. Though right now i'm trying to discover a good build for Ezreal, he seems like he'd be good if I can find the correct items for him.

I've always sucked at melee in every game i've played so I figured here would be know different. I can play gangplank with some success.

Also are you the person who refereed me to it lol? the person who did assured me the trailer looked awesome but I was bored out of my mind watching it.

anScooter
[ Display Name History ]

anScooter

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts

As far as LoL goes I have not played it however I think the mechanics that they changed over from DoTA are dumb and only helped to dumb down the game (towers doing more damage, no denies, gameplay is slower paced and fights last a lot longer). In all honesty I should play the game to help support my opinion but in all honesty I'm not trying to review the game here so why should I bother.

That is all I'm going to really say about the game. Like I said I don't feel comfortable "Debating" about a game I have never played.

Fair enough.

I got introduced to a game a week ago, i've played some. I got put off at the begining because after each match it resets your items and champ levels, and nothing in the game ever mentioned this mechanic. Maybe this is standard in the genre. I have a few champs, my favorites being Teemo followed by Sivir. Roughly the same builds work for them as well. Though right now i'm trying to discover a good build for Ezreal, he seems like he'd be good if I can find the correct items for him.

I've always sucked at melee in every game i've played so I figured here would be know different. I can play gangplank with some success.

Also are you the person who refereed me to it lol? the person who did assured me the trailer looked awesome but I was bored out of my mind watching it.

Try to build up some ability power with Ezreal. I have played with some great Ezreal's who can get amazing kills by using their ultimate to perfection on someone who is either recalling or has just recalled and is restoring health. No I didn't refer you, but I still think the trailer is sweet, even if it's a little misleading.

baalboy5
[ Display Name History ]

baalboy5

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • RSN:ozma

Fair enough.

Try to build up some ability power with Ezreal. I have played with some great Ezreal's who can get amazing kills by using their ultimate to perfection on someone who is either recalling or has just recalled and is restoring health. No I didn't refer you, but I still think the trailer is sweet, even if it's a little misleading.

AP ezreal is useless. AD is better.
Stick with your Q and E skills and use W to hit enemys behind minions (late game you level this). Your ult eh...

I play LOL. I own bout 10 champions. My favorite are Twitch. Anvia. Xin Zhao. Warwick. and Cho'gath

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts

A $100k prize for an LoL tournament disagrees with you.
http://g4tv.com/thef...Season-One.html

I think the game is horrible though. Why that game would get a $100k prize pool is beyond me.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
Who the hell is running a $100,000 tournament for LoL? The article does nothing to explain who is running it and if this is one tournament or if they are just lumping the "prize pools" from all of the tournaments starting.

Any LoL guys able to get some insight on this? It seems odd one tournament would tump the prize pool from the recent starcraft 2 tournaments (around $80,000 I think).

anScooter
[ Display Name History ]

anScooter

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts

Who the hell is running a $100,000 tournament for LoL? The article does nothing to explain who is running it and if this is one tournament or if they are just lumping the "prize pools" from all of the tournaments starting.

Any LoL guys able to get some insight on this? It seems odd one tournament would tump the prize pool from the recent starcraft 2 tournaments (around $80,000 I think).

I would have to imagine Riot themselves are doing this. That would make the most sense to me.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
I play it and so does quite a few of my clan mates. :thumbup:

j0xPu5R.png

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
  • RSN:J Mollerz
  • RSN2:Calcium IRL

I would have to imagine Riot themselves are doing this. That would make the most sense to me.

Yes indeed, Riot hired an e-sports manager who used to do some other famous game which I can't remember. He's very good and already has a bunch of tournaments lined up including an Alienware one which will give fully decked out i7 computers to the winners, $100k prize pools, etc.

I am actually one of the top ELO players on the EU side, my current ELO in 5v5 solo queue is 1406 which puts me at rank 3k or so I think. However the solo queue doesn't really equate to anything since it all depends on if your team can play, I can't carry even going 16/0 with Ezrael, Annie, Veigar etc. In the 5v5 solo queue I think I've had 2 bad games out of my 60 matches or so yet I have only won 8 more than lost because of the team luck. People's map sense is awful, they don't know when to push, ward, I have to tell my teams to do everything, it's infuriating to be stuck at a low ELO.

In premade 5v5 however I play at 1750+ ELO but I can't play with these guys much because they usually play at 3am on weekdays so my ELO is only 1300 but if I could play more often it would be up there, and before you ask, I don't get carried, we play against equal teams and I'll play well.

Any questions, I'm free to answer. I've posted my reasons to Nadril why I believe it is good before as well but considering you haven't played it, you can't really comment. You say fights are slower, depends what your team set up is really, some can be over in the blink of an eye, some can take a while and revolve around kiting opponents and dodging skillshots.

Don't get to used to playing Shaco, he is always banned in ranked games. Twisted Fate is awful, don't play him, ever. Xin Zhao is fine. Vladimir needs a nerf.

Fair enough.

Ezrael kills whilst people are recalling aren't anything special, that's standard play, that's why you always recall in odd places with an Ezrael on the enemy team.

Fair enough.

Stick with your Q and E skills and use W to hit enemys behind minions (late game you level this). Your ult eh...

I play LOL. I own bout 10 champions. My favorite are Twitch. Anvia. Xin Zhao. Warwick. and Cho'gath

AP Ezrael is better than AD Ezrael in the lategame.

If you want to play AP Ezrael you should get a Sheen early and build into Lich Bane, getting Zhonya's and Void Staff at some point, the rest is optional. Your build should be QEWWWREWEWREEQQRQQ. Harass with Q since it costs nothing, don't use W until the 3rd level of it unless you get into teamfights because it costs a LOT of mana. Try and get golem as much as you can. Open a teamfight with your ultimate, hit as many people as you can. With AP, your ultimate should get rid of half the entire enemy's health. Kite with E and reduce cooldown's with Q. Use your W on team-mates primarily as it gives them extra attack speed, unless of course they are mages too.

AD Ezrael is rather different. Doran's Blade to start, get Lizard as much as you can since your Q will slow. Get Berserker's or Mercury Treads for boots and get Bloodthirsters if you aren't dieing, or only 1 if you are, with Black Cleaver at some point. DON'T GET YOUMOU'S GHOSTBLADE OR CRIT ITEMS. Level up like this QEWQQREQEQREEWWRWW. Use Q as much as possible, use W on team-mates for the attack speed buff, kite with E, get your attack speed up fast. Your ultimate won't do much damage so finish off runners with it. REMEMBER TO AUTO ATTACK. You still do a lot of damage. Try and stay out of a teamfights, or at least skillshot from the side, maybe through a wall whilst waiting for AoE and ultimates to be used, then get right in there and show no mercy.

That's all I have to say about Ezrael for now, if you want I am on the EU servers under the name Yttrium. I will play practice games with you if you want teaching on any champions, I can play most, apart from 8 or so.

Champions which you should never play because they're awful:

Teemo - He's just not good. You can play him in super situational teams, but, 99.99% of the time, not worth it.
Evelynn - Melee stealth, 400g on an oracle and you won't win.
Twitch - Stealth but super squishy, any sort of CC and you die.
Gangplank - If you farm all game, avoid teamfights, get loads of items, you will be average endgame. He's just terrible after some nerfs.
Ryze - He's great if you are starting out, but the range on his spells are awful and as you get better he's easier to beat, any sort of magic resistance and he is useless.
Twisted Fate - Super squishy and hard to master, requires some luck also.

Good champions, learn to play them if they are fun for you:

Shaco - Jumps through walls, has a slow, great backdoor potential and awesome map control.
Heimerdinger - Best pusher in the game right now, a good Heimer is unbeatable.
Vladimir - He is so OP right now, you can get tons of health and tons of damage and be unkillable lategame even after a bad start.
Taric - A stun, a heal, great pusher, great lane partner early game for any champion.
Soraka - 2 Heals, a mana restoration spell, silence, and a formidable pusher.
Morgana - She is very powerful at the moment, needs nerfing. 2 stuns, a spell shield and the best short cooldown AoE in game.

I will post a Tier list of who I think are the best champions at the moment. Some people in high ELO will argue with me, but, overall, most will agree for the most part of it.
Posted Image
Click my signature for my blog!

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
I know Shaco is banned. I'm saving for Malzahar - Prophet of the Void.

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

Fair enough.

AP Ezrael is better than AD Ezrael in the lategame.

If you want to play AP Ezrael you should get a Sheen early and build into Lich Bane, getting Zhonya's and Void Staff at some point, the rest is optional. Your build should be QEWWWREWEWREEQQRQQ. Harass with Q since it costs nothing, don't use W until the 3rd level of it unless you get into teamfights because it costs a LOT of mana. Try and get golem as much as you can. Open a teamfight with your ultimate, hit as many people as you can. With AP, your ultimate should get rid of half the entire enemy's health. Kite with E and reduce cooldown's with Q. Use your W on team-mates primarily as it gives them extra attack speed, unless of course they are mages too.

AD Ezrael is rather different. Doran's Blade to start, get Lizard as much as you can since your Q will slow. Get Berserker's or Mercury Treads for boots and get Bloodthirsters if you aren't dieing, or only 1 if you are, with Black Cleaver at some point. DON'T GET YOUMOU'S GHOSTBLADE OR CRIT ITEMS. Level up like this QEWQQREQEQREEWWRWW. Use Q as much as possible, use W on team-mates for the attack speed buff, kite with E, get your attack speed up fast. Your ultimate won't do much damage so finish off runners with it. REMEMBER TO AUTO ATTACK. You still do a lot of damage. Try and stay out of a teamfights, or at least skillshot from the side, maybe through a wall whilst waiting for AoE and ultimates to be used, then get right in there and show no mercy.

That's all I have to say about Ezrael for now, if you want I am on the EU servers under the name Yttrium. I will play practice games with you if you want teaching on any champions, I can play most, apart from 8 or so.

Champions which you should never play because they're awful:

Teemo - He's just not good. You can play him in super situational teams, but, 99.99% of the time, not worth it.
Evelynn - Melee stealth, 400g on an oracle and you won't win.
Twitch - Stealth but super squishy, any sort of CC and you die.
Gangplank - If you farm all game, avoid teamfights, get loads of items, you will be average endgame. He's just terrible after some nerfs.
Ryze - He's great if you are starting out, but the range on his spells are awful and as you get better he's easier to beat, any sort of magic resistance and he is useless.
Twisted Fate - Super squishy and hard to master, requires some luck also.

Good champions, learn to play them if they are fun for you:

Shaco - Jumps through walls, has a slow, great backdoor potential and awesome map control.
Heimerdinger - Best pusher in the game right now, a good Heimer is unbeatable.
Vladimir - He is so OP right now, you can get tons of health and tons of damage and be unkillable lategame even after a bad start.
Taric - A stun, a heal, great pusher, great lane partner early game for any champion.
Soraka - 2 Heals, a mana restoration spell, silence, and a formidable pusher.
Morgana - She is very powerful at the moment, needs nerfing. 2 stuns, a spell shield and the best short cooldown AoE in game.

I will post a Tier list of who I think are the best champions at the moment. Some people in high ELO will argue with me, but, overall, most will agree for the most part of it.

I'm sorry but just because you arn't good with a certain unit doesn't mean they're not good. I can beat most people with Teemo, and I can usually push a lane by myself as Teemo, against 2 or 3 people, and do fine. I can do fine as Gangplank as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users