Dungeoneering Experience Cap for 90+ combat

Youmu

K so if you have played this game f2p long enough so that you have decent combat and should have become members by now you should get half exp in dung as an incentive to get members since you probably wouldn't if we gave you full xp.

Fixed

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Though to Jagex I'm simply a nobody who doesn't deserve anything because I dont give them part of their monthly stipend, these updates make me feel more like just quitting as opposed to getting members. Why support people whose brains arent functioning correctly?

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Howbadisbad, that still doesn't justify the reason for using skillers to gain extra experience. A skiller is basically useless in normal play, but they make the monsters much easier, AND you get more exp from them.

If Jagex really wants to do something about free play exp, why not just cut down the experience on everybody?

And I really want members. I really wish Jagex sets up an Asian company for the MUCH larger audience.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

oh.. how about this ... you pentalize members who decide to play on f2p worlds... instead of pentalizing a f2per who plays on f2p worlds... genious! This way you dont have members coming on f2p worlds to get through the lower level dungeons faster... This would also allow them to remove p2p doors from f2p! Maybe the logic in england is different than america.. but they must be smoking something if they think their logic is correct... Its almost a communistic point of view.... where is the incentive to do better? They are encouraging a mediocre state...They should be encouraging people to max out on f2p .. not discourage it... If they truly believe that f2p is its own seperate entity and not a demo then they should/will remove the cap and member doors/rooms.

Does it really matter what way your xp gets shafted? If there was no level cap and no p2p doors, but the xp ramained the same, would you be happy about it? NO, but as jagex are happy with the xp rates f2p are getting(and there is already a free player with 115 dungeoneering, for god's sake) then there is really no reason to have to do alot of work for nothing, free players will complain no matter what.

The worst misunderstanding free players have is that if jagex removes the cap and p2p doors the xp rates would go up. NO. It wouldn't. Jagex works with planned xp rates, and if they do one thing to increase xp rates, they compensate for it with other restrictions.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

0xpx0, the guy with 115 dungeoneering consistently pairs up with 4 level 3 skillers, effectively a level 126 doing a dungeon that is designed for level 20s.

And he gets full exp for that.

Now tell me, is it fair for us REGULAR teamers to work much harder with a dungeon designed for level 100+'s, but only get half the experience?

That is why I am suggesting to cap ALL free players. That way people won't get an unfair advantage with skillers that basically leech around doing nothing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

HOW THE [bLEEP] DO I PAY FOR [bLEEP]ING MEMBERSHIP IN [bLEEP]ING ASIA?!??!!!?!!

Ok, I'm done ranting. Flame me all you want. Go ahead.

Discuss.

Have a friend somewhere else in the world get you a year of membership and send them the cash online somehow.

You must have a friend somewhere else in the world heck even a family member.

Fools_Taco.png

Have a friend somewhere else in the world get you a year of membership and send them the cash online somehow.

Most of my friends are in Asia and/or don't play Runescape anymore... lol.

And I am not sure if Paypal works here.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I completely agree that despite whatever other penalty they implement, the 90+ penalty is super unfair.

I disagree.

When the skill was released they had to do this and they explained why.

Now that there is higher prestige it still doesn't matter.

Members always level skills faster it's the incentive for getting membership. Plus higher level floors are more challenging for members it's not like they are just being handed free exp (apart from bonus exp weekend lol)

Considering that some f2pers have 99+ already the exp rates are not that low and if you put in the time you too can reach 99.

Once you pick up the rewards for f2p dungeons you don't have to continue training it, there is NO POINT. Unless you like it and just want to continue with it, but then don't whine about having lower exp.

Also sonic I do not understand your ranting about being not able to buy membership. WTF. What country do you live in that there is no access to credit cards? There are so many payment options via Jagex.

Though to Jagex I'm simply a nobody who doesn't deserve anything because I dont give them part of their monthly stipend, these updates make me feel more like just quitting as opposed to getting members. Why support people whose brains arent functioning correctly?

Their brains function more every month you renew your membership. Like I renewed my membership yesterday, and now they let me get massive strength experience from playing a variant of chess.

Buy membership! 1 for the price of 2.

"Will you be removing the F2P XP cap in Dungeoneering?"

No, the cap in F2P is required in conjunction with the combat level cap. Removing it would make high-level F2P dungeons massively easy as well as rewarding. With the XP calculations as complicated as they are were treading a fine line with the cap as it is.

Changing the boundaries... improbable. Removing the cap... impossible.

"Any plans on removing member doors from F2P, like you did with the pickpocket and agility shortcuts options?"

If we were to remove the members content from F2P dungeons, we would risk upsetting the balance of those dungeons.

Completion time might be shorter for a player on F2P versus members and as such we would have to introduce further mechanics to cap XP. We felt that this would be more detrimental to the experience in F2P.

This logic disagrees with you sw0rd...

mbtz.jpg

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Their brains function more every month you renew your membership. Like I renewed my membership yesterday, and now they let me get massive strength experience from playing a variant of chess.

Buy membership! 1 for the price of 2.

"Will you be removing the F2P XP cap in Dungeoneering?"

No, the cap in F2P is required in conjunction with the combat level cap. Removing it would make high-level F2P dungeons massively easy as well as rewarding. With the XP calculations as complicated as they are were treading a fine line with the cap as it is.

Changing the boundaries... improbable. Removing the cap... impossible.

"Any plans on removing member doors from F2P, like you did with the pickpocket and agility shortcuts options?"

If we were to remove the members content from F2P dungeons, we would risk upsetting the balance of those dungeons.

Completion time might be shorter for a player on F2P versus members and as such we would have to introduce further mechanics to cap XP. We felt that this would be more detrimental to the experience in F2P.

This logic disagrees with you sw0rd. I understand the ends they are trying to reach, but this makes absolutely no sense.

EDIT: wow, I litterally facepalmed myself after re-reading the argument ...unless of course the 1 for the price of 2 is a typo...

mbtz.jpg

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

There's simply no reason to cut the experience rate in half at level 90 combat. I could see a constant -10% exp for ALL F2Pers, or even lifting the cap entirely once the skill is complete. It's an idiotic system. Should F2Pers get less exp than members? Yes, absolutely, but not like this.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Nah, it's not a typo. The whole post is sarcastic and not intended to make any sense. The new minigame is good though. I'm just saying to get membership. If everyone was a member, there would be no greedy free to play people leeching off Jagex and complaining that they don't get more stuff than members do. Feel free to rant about this, but in the end, free players aren't giving anything back to jagex

The F2P version gives potential new members, as barely anyone subscribes to a membership right from the beginning.

^ Proven by the following quote:

I said that because by level 90 you are expected to get membership or quit.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Wcing nailed it.

Sw0rd, anyone with half a brain would know that you shouldn't just go ahead and get members right off the bat. It's a waste of your cash, because you have to spend time in members leveling up skills and making money that you should have done as a free player. Even my current stats and cash aren't enough to warrant me an efficient membership.

Canadiansmurf, those f2pers with 99+ dungeoneering consistently pair up with 4 level 3 skillers and get full exp for a dungeon that is meant for level 20s.

Oh and asians do have some difficulty obtaining membership as Jagex are cruel enough not to set up a company there.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

free players aren't giving anything back to jagex

Even if i wasent a member (i have been and will be), i have helped jagex in ways other than paying.

Introducing friends to the game for one, helps jagex, especially when they end up getting membership as well (which most do), plus i look at there annoying laggy ads and help people out on the forums.

O.O

As many people have said, free players need some sort of incentive to get membership. If you've spent the time getting 90 combat, you've spent it on their servers, using their bandwith, completely free of charge. It's only fair you shouldn't get the full amount. I'm sorry to hear your situation but this is more for the people who just won't get members because they don't want to spend 8 euros a month.

C1Geq.png

you, and most free players give nothing back.

Now that's not true, most of jag's profit comes from advertising. It's since they have such a MASSIVE f2p fan base that they can get so much money from their adverts- because the people paying them to advertise KNOW what kind of market they're targeting. That statement is like me saying "Seeing as p2pers don't have to watch the adverts, they contribute less to the game than f2pers" Logistically that's probably correct, but at the same time they've bought that privilege, not like I'm goning to get hung up on it.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

I've introduced lots of people to the game (about 6), and free players may have done that too, but that's other people buying membership.

Thats not the point, its the fact that im helping jagex by introducing players to the game, which in turn, generates more profit for them especially if they introduce other friends.

Free players should have to open at least 5 adverts before playing every time they go to http://www.runescape.com/game.ws

I wouldnt entirely dissagree, but seriously. If i didnt know better and suddenly started playing runescape as fresh faced new player who just wants to train his fishing, having to click through 5 ads might put me off a bit... If anything it might look a bit suspicious.

and most free players give nothing back.

Thats a bit of an assumption, but i can't really argue against it as there is no evidence for or against it.

O.O

0xpx0, the guy with 115 dungeoneering consistently pairs up with 4 level 3 skillers, effectively a level 126 doing a dungeon that is designed for level 20s.

And he gets full exp for that.

Now tell me, is it fair for us REGULAR teamers to work much harder with a dungeon designed for level 100+'s, but only get half the experience?

That is why I am suggesting to cap ALL free players. That way people won't get an unfair advantage with skillers that basically leech around doing nothing.

I didn't know of the method of getting xp like that, but that is beside the point, the xp rates are still lower than they are for p2p.

I know it's very stupid to have the cap introduced at a clear cut level, but really, if it was a linear cap ranging from 30% at level 3 to 50% at level 126, assuming they also remove p2p doors, BUT the xp rates remained the same as they are now, would you be happy? it wouldn't really change the way people dungeoneer or how fast they level, but would be a major nuisance for jagex to make all the changes. What you want is more xp, and really, this, what ever you may think, wouldn't give you more xp.

Also to go by the level 90 cap, you can make the argument that it really doesn't matter if you are level 126 or 89, the cap doesn't significantly help you to train the skill- it's unlikely someone is going to get 99-120 dungeoneering before getting 90 combat, and it would be extremely hard to find a team when you are that low combat level. 99% of the people will get 90 combat before even getting to level 80 dungeoneering, and after that, everyone is equal.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Most of my friends are in Asia and/or don't play Runescape anymore... lol.

And I am not sure if Paypal works here.

i offered to help

western union if paypal wont work for you

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I didn't know of the method of getting xp like that, but that is beside the point, the xp rates are still lower than they are for p2p.

I know it's very stupid to have the cap introduced at a clear cut level, but really, if it was a linear cap ranging from 30% at level 3 to 50% at level 126, assuming they also remove p2p doors, BUT the xp rates remained the same as they are now, would you be happy? it wouldn't really change the way people dungeoneer or how fast they level, but would be a major nuisance for jagex to make all the changes. What you want is more xp, and really, this, what ever you may think, wouldn't give you more xp.

Also to go by the level 90 cap, you can make the argument that it really doesn't matter if you are level 126 or 89, the cap doesn't significantly help you to train the skill- it's unlikely someone is going to get 99-120 dungeoneering before getting 90 combat, and it would be extremely hard to find a team when you are that low combat level. 99% of the people will get 90 combat before even getting to level 80 dungeoneering, and after that, everyone is equal.

Actually I WILL be happy if Jagex actually did something to nerf skillers in the dungeon. As long as skiller experience is no better than regular teaming, I'm happy.

And I know that members should be getting more experience than free players, and they already are, with prestige 47 now.

I've actually found a clan chat in which that I dungeoneer with, but the reason why I quit doing so is because of connection problems and not really my combat skills.

And at all the people that are saying that free players should get members, you guys are missing the point of the thread.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I did F32 5:5 large on W1 a few days ago, just to see what F2P DG was like. I'm 112 F2P CMB, and my team was 120+. There were about 3-4 member doors, so we missed a lot of base and prestige XP. Plus there was one ragequitter. But we completed the floor in half an hour, and I got 18k xp with no deaths and 35 prestige. Now, in W117, I probably would've gotten 50k xp, but the floor would've taken over an hour to complete probably. So theoretically, if I get 50k/hr in P2P, I would get 36k/hr in F2P. Now, I do agree that Jagex has no sense of gradation and the XP penalty should be progressive, but I still think that F2P XP rates being within 70% of P2P up till 35 prestige is acceptable enough.