Pastor who wants to burn the Qu'ran.

Zilla

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So..... did the guy actually cancel, or what? Last I saw, he was being wishy-washy due to media pressure.

yea, he canceled.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

But I still don't get why he would waste his time though. Isn't god supposed to be all knowing and all powerful? In other words, don't Christians believe that he has control over everything and humanity?

But I still don't get why he would waste his time though. Isn't god supposed to be all knowing and all powerful? In other words, don't Christians believe that he has control over everything and humanity?

Even beyond that, it's the same God for both religions. He's just a bigot that doesn't understand what he's doing.

Even beyond that, it's the same God for both religions. He's just a bigot that doesn't understand what he's doing.

So lets just say that there is a god who is all knowing, all good, and all powerful. Then no matter what anyone does it would be what he wanted to happen. So then why are some Christians complaining about Muslims if they were essentially created by god? Maybe it would be god's will for Muslims to be made and then destroyed? But then why do anything at all in life if god is going to make happen what he wants to happen anyway? Ugh, religion is so confusing... :unsure:

As I've always said, stupidity doesn't discriminate.

That's just a guy completely missing the point. The three main monotheistic religions are three ways of looking at the same thing. But when you get people who believe that deeply in any cause, they're going to feel superior about it.

As I've always said, stupidity doesn't discriminate.

That's just a guy completely missing the point. The three main monotheistic religions are three ways of looking at the same thing. But when you get people who believe that deeply in any cause, they're going to feel superior about it.

Which is ok, but then why do they feel that they have to take action for a god who can do anything he wants anyway. It does not make sense.

So lets just say that there is a god who is all knowing, all good, and all powerful. Then no matter what anyone does it would be what he wanted to happen. So then why are some Christians complaining about Muslims if they were essentially created by god? Maybe it would be god's will for Muslims to be made and then destroyed? But then why do anything at all in life if god is going to make happen what he wants to happen anyway? Ugh, religion is so confusing... :unsure:

because God chooses not to interfere - Free Will emerges and life can have meaning (in religions terms) beyond being a puppet show.

because God chooses not to interfere - Free Will emerges and life can have meaning (in religions terms) beyond being a puppet show.

Oh, then prayer would be useless.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/13/kashmir-protesters-killed-quran-row

Indian forces killed 13 protesters and wounded scores of others today in confrontations across Kashmir fueled in part by a report that a Qur'an was desecrated in the United States, a police official said.

Despite a rigid curfew across the region, tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets, throwing rocks, torching government buildings and chanting, "Go India, go back. We want freedom."

http://www.news24.com/World/News/2-dead-in-Afghan-Quran-burning-riot-20100912

Kabul - Two protesters died and four were injured as Afghans protested for a third day on Sunday against a plan by an American pastor to burn copies of the Islamic holy book, despite his decision to call off the action.

So, Pastor doesn't burn the Qu'ran, but people rioted anyway (fueled by false reports?) There were probably more articles/riots, but too lazy to look for them (these were top 2 results). I understand the areas in question aren't as stable as other areas in the world, but really?

Not sure if I know of anything in recent memory when Christians rioted over something that offended them (Say, bible burning?)

If you know of anything (or care to look) please let me know.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Oh, then prayer would be useless.

unless it compels God to interfere. religion is complicated stuff.

Religion is ridiculously complicated stuff. The world would be better if people treated religion like Star Wars: a good tale of a moral teaching. Believe that Darth Vader is real and you're an idiot.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Religion is ridiculously complicated stuff. The world would be better if people treated religion like Star Wars: a good tale of a moral teaching. Believe that Darth Vader is real and you're an idiot.

Haha. Well put.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Indian forces killed 13 protesters and wounded scores of others today in confrontations across Kashmir fueled in part by a report that a Qur'an was desecrated in the United States, a police official said.

Despite a rigid curfew across the region, tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets, throwing rocks, torching government buildings and chanting, "Go India, go back. We want freedom."

Kabul - Two protesters died and four were injured as Afghans protested for a third day on Sunday against a plan by an American pastor to burn copies of the Islamic holy book, despite his decision to call off the action.

So, Pastor doesn't burn the Qu'ran, but people rioted anyway (fueled by false reports?) There were probably more articles/riots, but too lazy to look for them (these were top 2 results). I understand the areas in question aren't as stable as other areas in the world, but really?

Not sure if I know of anything in recent memory when Christians rioted over something that offended them (Say, bible burning?)

Soo do you want us all to say "muslims are savages" or something?

*Cough* When a community center for muslims by ground zero was announced *cough*

To the part of the desecration of the Qur'an, a link to a video that a news channel just played:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvJcv1DQya4&skipcontrinter=1

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/09/14/france.burqa.ban/?hpt=T1

Found this to be semi-relevant to the topic.

America is so intolerant of Islam that:

French people back the ban by a margin of more than four to one, the Pew Global Attitudes Project found in a survey earlier this year.

Some 82 percent of people polled approved of a ban, while 17 percent disapproved. That was the widest support the Washington-based think tank found in any of the five countries it surveyed.

Clear majorities also backed burqa bans in Germany, Britain and Spain, while two out of three Americans opposed it, the survey found.

Oh, also the Eiffel tower has been recently evacuated due to a bomb threat. I wonder who called it in? :rolleyes:

♪♪ And I'm not done

Oh, also the Eiffel tower has been recently evacuated due to a bomb threat. I wonder who called it in? :rolleyes:

I too enjoy jumping to conclusions.

Come out and say it already hahah, you just want everyone to agree with you that muslims are savages, right?

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/09/14/france.burqa.ban/?hpt=T1

Found this to be semi-relevant to the topic.

America is so intolerant of Islam that:

French people back the ban by a margin of more than four to one, the Pew Global Attitudes Project found in a survey earlier this year.

Some 82 percent of people polled approved of a ban, while 17 percent disapproved. That was the widest support the Washington-based think tank found in any of the five countries it surveyed.

Clear majorities also backed burqa bans in Germany, Britain and Spain, while two out of three Americans opposed it, the survey found.

Because burqa ban would also ban a certain white robe some Americans wear?

Just a thought.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

The preacher did a prime example of showing whose Top dog.

He burnt the media,

He burnt the liberals,

He burnt Radical Muslims.

His main plan all along was a ruse to show how much bigots are really out there,

Most big media news channels were going air it and liberals wouldn't stop talking about a Qu'ran burning yet they never do anything when Bible is burnt.

BLOODY BIGOTS.

Then the worst part is "Radical" Muslims who are willing to kill people over a book which tells them not to "murder" is only ironic hypocrisy in which themselves are slandering, sure it's their Holy Book but if there willing to kill someone for desecrating it they have problems.

Come out and say it already hahah, you just want everyone to agree with you that muslims are savages, right?

Pretty sure it was a tea-partier that was pissed off about health care.

No, but I do enjoy lefties trying to make up excuses for everything Radical Islam does.

On an *unrelated note*, there was a stat about how many "right wingers" committed terrorist acts in the past year, how many "left wingers", etc. for quite a few categories. Turns out that the person in that last year that was most likely to commit terrorism was the radical left; although I think the number was higher because of Greece.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Pretty sure it was a tea-partier that was pissed off about health care.

No, but I do enjoy lefties trying to make up excuses for everything Radical Islam does.

On an *unrelated note*, there was a stat about how many "right wingers" committed terrorist acts in the past year, how many "left wingers", etc. for quite a few categories. Turns out that the person in that last year that was most likely to commit terrorism was the radical left; although I think the number was higher because of Greece.

I have no idea who called in the threat, neither do you, and it would be irresponsible to blame any group or certain type of person with no evidence.

What do "lefties" defend radicals on? I'm honestly interested what you think about this.

Nobody supports radical islamic violence.

Does someone having a different opinion than you on an issue like Israel = defending terrorists?

On an *unrelated note*, there was an article about people thinking Obama is a secret muslim. Turns out that a lot more republicans think he is, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if that's tied into the color of his skin. This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, and I'm not going to cite any sources.