Pastor who wants to burn the Qu'ran.

Zilla

Here's something I read on Reddit: buy a bunch of Arabic-translated Bibles and give them to the Christian fundamentalists to burn. They will think the translated Bibles are Qur'an books. Tell them afterwards that they just burned a bunch of Bibles.

Or, if you don't want to burn books:

1. Buy 19 Arabic Bibles

2. Throw them in the stash

3. Tell them there are 20 Arabic Bibles in the stash

4. Watch as they sift through the mountain of books searching for 20 Bibles with the aid of a translator

5. Practice your trollface

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something I read on Reddit: buy a bunch of Arabic-translated Bibles and give them to the Christian fundamentalists to burn. They will think the translated Bibles are Qur'an books. Tell them afterwards that they just burned a bunch of Bibles.

Or, if you don't want to burn books:

1. Buy 19 Arabic Bibles

2. Throw them in the stash

3. Tell them there are 20 Arabic Bibles in the stash

4. Watch as they sift through the mountain of books searching for 20 Bibles with the aid of a translator

5. Practice your trollface

Those arabic Bibles are tainted. They're in the language of the DEVIL and should burn too!!

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

I don't understand why he would want to burn Qu'rans. It will just get more media attention

You've answered your own question.

Stop giving this guy coverage, it doesn't help.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Even if they stop giving him coverage now it's far too late. The Muslims aren't just going to forget about it. I don't know if this will cause violence inside the US itself but I can see the minority Christian populations in some Muslim countries (eg. Pakistan, Saudi Arabia) getting even more abuse than they already receive.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

It's protected by the first amendment, if they guy thinks it's a good idea then he can go ahead and do it.

However, if I lived around there I'd show up with a few Bibles to burn, just to make a point.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The Muslims

Dear god.

What? As far as I know all Muslims are against this, radicals and moderates.

He has a point. He's not saying all Muslims are extremists, but it probably will piss them off nonetheless.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

It's protected by the first amendment, if they guy thinks it's a good idea then he can go ahead and do it.

However, if I lived around there I'd show up with a few Bibles to burn, just to make a point.

That's not making a point, that's being spiteful and doing the same ignorance he is doing to all Christians.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

That's not making a point, that's being spiteful and doing the same ignorance he is doing to all Christians.

I disagree, obviously. It would be showing how ridiculous what he was doing via action. I could make a similar argument that many people make towards Islam except replacing that with Christianity. People would be outraged at first I'm sure, but hopefully they would see the point I would be trying to make; that any group as large as a religion is going to have it's fair share of extremists and crazies. Because it's true. I could probably find thousands of examples of "Christians" who have murdered or committed terrorism.

So in short, it certainly is making a point, that it's not so nice when people are doing it to you.

15cbz0y.jpg

I disagree, obviously. It would be showing how ridiculous what he was doing via action. I could make a similar argument that many people make towards Islam except replacing that with Christianity. People would be outraged at first I'm sure, but hopefully they would see the point I would be trying to make; that any group as large as a religion is going to have it's fair share of extremists and crazies. Because it's true. I could probably find thousands of examples of "Christians" who have murdered or committed terrorism.

So in short, it certainly is making a point, that it's not so nice when people are doing it to you.

I'd say that's more stooping to his level then making a point....

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'd say that's more stooping to his level then making a point....

The key difference is that I wouldn't actually do it, I'm only saying it to draw connections and that I have no animosity towards the religion where as this gentleman clearly does.

15cbz0y.jpg

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Burning books accomplishes nothing of worth. It's just a cry for attention, and the American press is heeding the call.

What will people like this do when Kindles take over the market?

But I think the people building that controversial mosque in NYC are just as ignorant and just as in your face. Even though the law might allow such behavior, common sense should tell you that you are causing more long-term harm than good - whether it's burning someones holy book or building a mosque without regard to public sensibilities.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Sat; I remember hearing that he said that he called it off in response to the Muslim Community Center a couple blocks from ground zero closing its building plans. When the people rectified that this deal was never even mentioned, let alone cleared, he started his [cabbage] right back up again. I can go look for a specific link if you want, but I'm pretty sure I saw it on CNN's web site. If it ain't there, I'll do a more concerted search.

Kafei; There's a difference between making a Muslim COMMUNITY CENTER a couple blocks away with no ill will in it (innocent until proven guilty, and the dudes running it are FAR from any government watch lists), which is to be honest made to promote understanding of the religion of Islam and try to improve the community (hence the term "community center"), and doing something designed to antagonize and generally piss off over a billion people on this planet for no good reason. And no, the terrorists claiming to be Muslim is not a valid excuse; would you compare the entirety of Christianity to jackasses like the Westboro Baptist Church?

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I find it ironic that a man that lives in America, a country founded on religious tolerance is burning the Qu'ran claiming it's the devil's religion.

I'm personally athiest, but this is offensive to even me.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Kafei; There's a difference between making a Muslim COMMUNITY CENTER a couple blocks away with no ill will in it (innocent until proven guilty, and the dudes running it are FAR from any government watch lists), which is to be honest made to promote understanding of the religion of Islam and try to improve the community (hence the term "community center"), and doing something designed to antagonize and generally piss off over a billion people on this planet for no good reason. And no, the terrorists claiming to be Muslim is not a valid excuse; would you compare the entirety of Christianity to jackasses like the Westboro Baptist Church?

Whether the people behind the Park51 have ill will or not is immaterial. They are pissing off people left and right. Surely someone interested in a community center would be more in tune with public sensibilities and find a more appropriate location.

And, BTW, this "community center" will have prayer space for upwards of 2000 people.

And also, BTW, the official website for the project only within the past month changed the nomenclature to "prayer space" from "mosque." You can still find the old version of the site in Google's cache. It's not a COMMUNITY CENTER - it's a MOSQUE.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours