How Do You Post?

kingmickez25

Hi Everyone.

Well Today I realized a few things about myself while posting.

I post a lot in help and advice.

And i noticed that i tend to post in topic that have 0 or 1 reply (i guess because i know how much it sucks to post and no one help or answer you and let your thread just be there)

if all topics have a good reply number i look at the titles and see where i can help a lot (quest item info etc)

Topics i wont post in is topics that have +15 reply i feel like theres enough input there and something i would say could have been

said yes i know it might not be and i can contribute something but just how i am.

My Question is how do you post?

Kingmickez25.png

I tend to go for clicking into the fast reply box and then using a keyboard to type out the electronic representation of writing know as words before hitting the submit button.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I tend to go for clicking into the fast reply box and then using a keyboard to type out the electronic representation of writing know as words before hitting the submit button.

If there are a lot of replies in a help and advice thread I don't bother. It's not necessary to have 14 posts of people saying the exact same thing. So I guess I do about what you do. While also using Sy_Accursed's method, just in a more helpful manner.

35b9enp.jpg

I post everywhere were i feel i have something to add, which is not already said. And i hang the most out in Help & Advice, i learn a lot there, and i learn other people a lot too :) (hopefully)

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I dunno, aggressively? I tend to post whenever I have a strong opinion on something, and it usually ends with me arguing with people for ten pages. I try not to post if I don't know much about a subject (I wouldn't post on a H&A thread about thieving, for example). My most active forums are General Discussion (mostly arguing, I'm sure) and H&A (mostly slayer topics).

I also troll my friends' blogs and Rate This! threads.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Well I used to stalk "View New Content" and look at every new topic and clicking on ones that interest me. If I feel I can make a valuable contribution or the topic is of particular interest to me, then I will make my own reply. :)

EDIT: I say "used to" because "View New Content" is currently glitched so the feature doesn't work very well. I still try to use it when I can but more often I just check my favourite forums: General Discussion, The Gallery, Off-Topic and a few others...

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I only post when I have something I think people need to read. I put effort into actually making my posts legible; this IS a message board after all, not a chat room. I also tend to skip threads that have little to no discussion going on, and have people mostly trolling/going in circles with debates that were solved years ago. That's why I'm usually not even lurking in the Runescape sections, since that's mostly what goes on here. The only reason I read this thread in the first place is because I saw the thread title and thought it was interesting :P

In retrospect, Off Topic isn't much better. But I guess I like it since most people there actually know how to spell the word you, and don't use stupid abbreviations like L.

wl7w9j.png

I pretty much stalk most of the forums here (mostly Runescape ones), and if there's something that intrigues me, I post in it.

It's mostly in General Discussion, but I post quite often in other places too.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I like to add small points to what people have already said, or answer questions that are just simple a quick, that don't require much thought other than going into personal experience (like armor setups for slayer)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I pretty much stalk most of the forums here (mostly Runescape ones), and if there's something that intrigues me, I post in it.

It's mostly in General Discussion, but I post quite often in other places too.

I love how every post of yours is so serious, hahaha.

[hide]2rzv02o.jpg[/hide]

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Umm, I post sometimes, and read far more threads then I post on. Consequently, I know of lots of the people that post on here, while they most likely don't remember my name. Once topics get too long, with no added information in them, I don't usually bother posting.

pere_grin.png

Combatively. I can agree to disagree on occasion, but if my opponent is an obvious troll, or just flat out wrong, they will know. However, most of the time its nothing personal. There are only about 3 people on TIF who I've given up as incomparable idiots, of which I am happy to say 2 are no longer around.

Strangely, I can not stand serious conflict IRL, where it matters.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I find the majority of my posts lie in the general discussion forum, mainly because it's about updates and general stuff which I like to talk about. Occasionally I will go to the help and advice forum if there's any way I can help in fields I may know a bit about I.E. slayer/combat etc. other than that, I don't really view other forums.

All though, I do go to the off topic forum every now and then to see if there's any new songs I can replay about 200 times before getting sick of them. I also enjoy looking at guides to see if there are any undiscovered/epic ways of training skills more efficiently etc.

I also like a good debate every now and then, so I think the general discussion forum is where it's at for me.

2vuhgcn.png

I like to prepare for my posts starting with some sleep deprivation... not like 36 hours up straight, but like 2 hours sleep every night for the past week. Then I need to make sure there isn't a single drop of rum in the house. Have it warmed, with a little cinnamon, and it all goes down nicely. Then I meticulously prepare the first three paragraphs of my ramble, then forget that as I actually start typing, and just make it up as I go along.

Well I used to stalk "View New Content" and look at every new topic and clicking on ones that interest me. If I feel I can make a valuable contribution or the topic is of particular interest to me, then I will make my own reply. :)

EDIT: I say "used to" because "View New Content" is currently glitched so the feature doesn't work very well. I still try to use it when I can but more often I just check my favourite forums: General Discussion, The Gallery, Off-Topic and a few others...

My God. You post exactly like me. Except I use View My Content and see if anyone's replied to threads that I've posted in.

I usually like debates in the Offtopic section, whereas General Discussion (RuneScape) is usually just repeating what someone else said a few posts back.

I used to be a Forum Games addict, but I got sick of that. Hmm.

If I find something that catches my eye, I'll post. Otherwise, I'll just post in whatever topic there's a discussion I'm active in. If it's in Suggestions or Help and Advice, I'll post if I have something to say (that isn't spam, of course).

• 2 weeks later...

I just want post-count.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I think I post in two styles. One, is the more casual, laid back kind of posting style, and the other, would be debating on various boards about controversial issues. I see myself as a OTer, General Discussion'er and the occasional H&A poster. I dislike posting on empty threads, no one really bothers with them and little discussion is actually made. Hmm..