• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Streets of Rage

streets-of-rage_02.png

Golden Axe

golden-axe-1.jpg

Command and conquer

cc3.jpeg

Oh my god I forgot those games. Streets of rage was best side scroller ever followed by golden axe. And command and conquer speaks for it self :P Not quite sure about the graphics these days.

Two words for you people: Max Payne. Anyone who doesnt think this series kicks legendary amounts of @$$ should just be shot out of a cannon......into a wall. The only game better than Max Payne is Max Payne 2.

EDIT: Baldurs Gate 2 is godlike as well how could i have forgotten? Its been awhile since i played it though.

Has anyone ever told you that you are a genius?

You NEVER see Max Payne on greatest games lists, but I for one am able to see the awesomeness off it. Even if you didn't have bullet-time...It has an amazingly well realised noir setting/story...Excellent plot twists and turns, amazingly cool levels and environments...If it was longer, it wold prolly be the single greatest game of all time...Well, Max Payne 2, if it were longer...It would be better...Cuz it's even better than Max Payne 1 (as you said). But since it's so short...It's only one of the best. This game might be the most stylish game ever.

BTW, I just finished Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, for the first time, less than 10 minutes ago. Awesome ending ;). Can't wait for Throne of Bhaal, which I got in the same pack. Good times, but not the best game ever. For RPG, I'd say Bioware is better with KOTOR.

San Andreas 8)

Anyone who disagrees with this guy are either mentally handicapped, haven't played it, or have the worst taste in games this side of San Fierro. This game also has so much style, so much to do...I've said it all before...

Also, games I would explain but they need no explaining:

Half-Life

Half-Life 2

Deus Ex

About a dozen other amazing games, which I would mention but I'd prolly leave one out and then I'd cry.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

To all those people that said FF games... You are forgetting somehting... those cames couldnt of been was it not for one game:

Final Fantasy , not 2, not 10, Final Fantasy.

Without that single game, most RPG's i bet wouldnt exist, and all the rest of the FF series... LOL although i do admit it dosent have the best graphics :wink: :lol: chaos.gif

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Mario Kart 64, almost a decade on it's still gold

Oh yeah, that game is such a classic and I believe its the best video game out there without a doubt. I had to urge to play it the other day so I downloaded it on my computer and started playing it. :D

To all those people that said FF games... You are forgetting somehting... those cames couldnt of been was it not for one game:

Without that single game, most RPG's i bet wouldnt exist, and all the rest of the FF series... LOL although i do admit it dosent have the best graphics :wink: :lol: chaos.gif

I thought Shining Force for the Genesis came out before Final Fantasy, that was a good RPG which influenced a few games.

I could be wrong though.

Retired from runescape

(Banned for bug abusing)

I thought Shining Force for the Genesis came out before Final Fantasy, that was a good RPG which influenced a few games.

I could be wrong though.

Nah srry to dissapoint you but, the SF came out in 92, and FF came out in 87. LOL i never heard of this game before.

Information obtained at Gamfaqs.com

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I could be wrong though.

Nah srry to dissapoint you but, the SF came out in 92, and FF came out in 87. LOL i never heard of this game before.

Information obtained at Gamfaqs.com

Allright thanks for info, my friend told me that.

Retired from runescape

(Banned for bug abusing)

Final Fantasy 7, Hands down.

Best story line of any game ever made, decent graphics at the time and the characters were very unique.

:wink:

Agreed...it was the pivot in the FF series with the intro of the 3d enviroment. The plot was like none other........I wanna be a SOLDIER when I grow up

oh hang on, I am grown up.....oh well

<~[ FLAME_ON!! ]~>

on/off RSplayer since 2000

San Andreas 8)

Anyone who disagrees with this guy are either mentally handicapped, haven't played it, or have the worst taste in games this side of San Fierro. This game also has so much style, so much to do...I've said it all before...

Well...I... :D

I'm right you know though, it may be mature for some tastes but it really is a fantastic game with a capital fantastic. It has pretty much everything, the storyline, the humour the depth the attention to detail the music and the reality. It's pretty much the only old game that I still play regularly on the PS2, the only thing missing would be a mission repeat system, because those missions really are kick-[wagon].

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Streets of Rage

streets-of-rage_02.png

Golden Axe

golden-axe-1.jpg

Command and conquer

cc3.jpeg

If you'd added Final Fantasy 7 and Street Fighter to that list, I would have run up to SouthHampton and kissed you. I loved the games you posted. Only recently played Golden Axe, though.

Let's be fair to some recent games, though. Halo & Halo 2 were excellent. <3

Also, another classic: Desert Strike and Jungle Strike. Those helicopters, whoa. :P

-Mitch-

New sig to come!

IMO, it's Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time. But I go curious as I always do and Googled it. These are the results for the top 20:

1 * Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES - 17.28 Million)

2 * Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 - 12 Million)

3 * Super Mario Land 2 (Game Boy - 11.09 Million)

4 * Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2 - 11 million)

5 * Gran Turismo (PS1 - 10.5 million)

6 * Gran Turismo 2 (PS1 - 8.5 million)

7 * Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 - 8.5 Million)

8 * Super Mario Kart (SNES - 8 Million)

9 * Final Fantasy VII (PS1 - 7.8 Million)

10 * Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES - 7.46 Million)

11 * GoldenEye 007 (N64 - 7.4 Million)

12 * Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 - 7.3 million)

13 * Mario Kart 64 (N64 - 7.04 million)

14 * Gran Turismo 3 (PS2 - 7 Million)

15 * Final Fantasy X (PS2 - 6.60 million)

16 * Grand Theft Auto III (PS2 - 6.23 million)

17 * Super Smash Bros . (N64 - 4.7 million)

18 * Dragon Quest VII (PS1 - 4.12 million)

19 * Pok̮̩̉̉mon Stadium (N64 - 4.11 million)

20 * Donkey Kong 64 (N64 - 3.97 million

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

List of the actual TOP TEN BEST GAMES IN THE HISTORY OF THE %&%&^%&^ UNIVERSE!!!!!

1. Zelda: Ocarina of time (majora's mask wasn't that bad either :)

2. Halo 2

3. Half Life 2

4. GTA San Sandreas

5. Pac-Man

6. Mario Kart 64 (way better than gamecube version!)

7. Final Fantasy (1-10, 7 being best)

8. Pok̮̩̉̉mon

game boy versions= red, blue, yellow, green (released in japan)

GBC and GBA= Fushigi no dungeon red, gold, silver, crystal, saphire, ruby, emerald, firered, leafgreeen, pinball, pinball 2, card game, card game 2, puzzle challenge n64 = snap, stadium, stadium 2, puzzle league, gc= colosseum, gale of darkness, pok̮̩̉̉mon channel, box ruby and sapphire,

ds= dash, diamond, pearl, rangers, torouze, fushigi no dungeon blue

a fe e-readers not worth mentioning along with some GBA vids,

if there are ne more, or i missed 1 plz inform :)

They were all the same basically, so i guess they all get a spot:)

9. golden sun, 1 and 2

10. RUNESCAPE!!!!!!!!!

(These aren't in order from best to 10nth best, just the top ten )

Ne comments? plz give suggestions for entries that should be changed

i loved sonic as a kid my sister bought a mega drive when i was 5 i just couldnt stop playing it, i loved aladin and alex kidd on those too..

i was gonna buy a ps-one then me and sis got a dreamcast as a joint pressy, on that i loved sonic adventures and crazy taxi

then i was gonna get a ps2 but got an xbox, halo was great i never got off it for months..

then xbox 360 a week ago and that is wow, pgr3 is amazing but my favourite games overall have to be...

Sonic series, Fifa for sports titles, Halo for FPS, roleplaying games (RS or Elderscrolls) and for racing it has to be pgr i loved alex kidd and the enchanted castle it owned :)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

well i'd have to say i'm more of the classic rpg side. I think chrono trigger is probably my favorite classic rpg. Really good music, gameplay, and plot/story. It's one of those rare rpgs that i stayed up until 4 o clock to play just to get on with the story, and wake up 9 the next morning and continue playing until my sockets turn black. lol. but for realz tho (minus the sockets). I also liked both golden sun series, final fantasy 3 was pretty good, and i forgot the rest.

Sup noobs.