Best video game of all time!

abyssalreaper

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with mario for influence. I could go with sonic for coolness or pokemon for impact or pong for mind numbing entertainment but if you include pong you have to include tetris, and tetris is completely uninspiring. So the original mario.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Final Fantasy VI

It has the most developed character and storyline of almost any RPG and has 15 playable party members (13 of which are main characters). It features one of the most evil villains of any game, not to mention some of the best music.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I loved Alex the Kid too! Would spend hours playing it on my SEGA Master system back when I was like 6 ^_^, recently found out it is actually called 'Alex Kidd' silly us :oops: .

Best game of all time? I've always had a thing for Civilisation 2, but if your meaning on a consule and not computer, i dunno, never had anything since my master system :cry: .

I think I may go out and get a preowned copy of legend of Zelda today. Its so dam good. Amazing story, depth. Had a great time with it.

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

Pacman is awsome 8)

Retro is very chic these days.

I could be mistaken, but this game has spawned more sequels and remakes than any other game I can remember (as well as toys and other memorabilia). It's too bad the Atari 2600 make sucked so bad (although it was still addictive back in the day), but most representations of the game have been somewhat faithful.

I think Ms. Pac-man was probably the best of the original series-- there were marked improvements to gameplay in its day compared to the original Pac-man. It was heavily played and had at least one mod for it that I can remember-- a button labeled "California Speed" which sped up the game at the present level (as succeeding levels got faster anyway).

By the way, for all things Pac-Man, see the 1st Church of Pac-Man website.

Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Half Life. I cant decide.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

I only played the Zelda's for N64 a little bit. Never really liked them, but my sister just got a gamecube, so i might ask my friend if i can borrow his game. I never liked FF either. Hated how they fought, your turn, my turn, your turn, my turn. I dont know what the best video game is, but my favorite is probably Pac-Man, i've never gotten sick of playing it.

killa870yt.png

Halo as probably the most popular of current days

Mario as most popular during the first age of video games

Madden as one of the first sports games

Legend of Zelda for one of the greatest games with a story to it

Pac-Man for arcade games

PONG!!

Two words for you people: Max Payne. Anyone who doesnt think this series kicks legendary amounts of @$$ should just be shot out of a cannon......into a wall. The only game better than Max Payne is Max Payne 2.

EDIT: Baldurs Gate 2 is godlike as well how could i have forgotten? Its been awhile since i played it though.