32 members have voted

1. 1. Which to get?

• SGS
    • DFS
    • DClaws
    • 88 summ
    • Chaotic wep
    • 85+ herb

I'm 85 attack, 85 strength, 91 defence, 99 hp, 70 prayer, and 79 summoning.

I've currently got bandos, and I can afford either a SGS, DFS, and claws to go with it. I'm 81 slayer at the moment, and I'm planning on using the gear and weps to get it higher. Out of these 3 options, which do you recommend? Do you think I should just use a whip+defender and forgo the rest? Would it be best to spend the 50m on getting super antifires? I honestly hate dungeoneering, but should I bear it and get a chaotic wep?

chaotic weapon + 85 Herb

this.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

chaotic weapon + 85 Herb

then d claws. then 88 summ because it's good for bosses.. I use uni occasionally while slaying.

In fact, sell some of that bandos for d claws, way better than bandos :P

Also get rapier, not cls / maul, especially if slaying.

siggya.png

Bandos = overrated piece of crap.

Use barrows for slayer, lots more def bonus, pray bonus, and frees up lots of money. Like glasscube said, flip while dunging

There's better things to get before bandos, but it's not a piece of crap :rolleyes:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Bandos = overrated piece of crap.

Use barrows for slayer, lots more def bonus, pray bonus, and frees up lots of money. Like glasscube said, flip while dunging

There's better things to get before bandos, but it's not a piece of crap :rolleyes:

For slayer it unfortunately is. For FFA and solo bandos the tassets play a role from what I've seen. Why do people insist on paying ~18M more for a chest that (yes is aestheticly pleasing) gives worse defence bonus's than barrows armour, and the same strength bonus as something you can get with a couple of hours effort at BA? And also Verac's pretty much outclasses the tassets in every situation during slayer if you piety or turmoil. Bandos is like the fire cape or a Godsword... It's becoming increasingly obselete.

As for the topic personally I'd do it in this order -

Claws

85+ Herb

92~95 Prayer

88 Summoning

Rapier

Money after that invests into herb to get it to overloads.

Once you hit that THEN and only then buy back bandos if you really want it.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

For slayer it unfortunately is. For FFA and solo bandos the tassets play a role from what I've seen. Why do people insist on paying ~18M more for a chest that (yes is aestheticly pleasing) gives worse defence bonus's than barrows armour, and the same strength bonus as something you can get with a couple of hours effort at BA?

Because, strength bonus has more value than defence bonus.

As for "a couple of hours of effort at BA", for many, 18 mill is easier to get than "a couple of hours of effort", especially if your one of those people who can get 4 mill/hr at frost dragons or something equally as crazy.

O.O

For slayer it unfortunately is. For FFA and solo bandos the tassets play a role from what I've seen. Why do people insist on paying ~18M more for a chest that (yes is aestheticly pleasing) gives worse defence bonus's than barrows armour, and the same strength bonus as something you can get with a couple of hours effort at BA?

As for "a couple of hours of effort at BA", for many, 18 mill is easier to get than "a couple of hours of effort", especially if your one of those people who can get 4 mill/hr at frost dragons or something equally as crazy.

Then again, if you have 22M to spend on bandos why not invest it into pots and cballs and piety/turmoil/cannon your slaying? Makes alot more sense and saves alot more time than the few minutes that the strength bonus might add up to.

Hence I keep my argument, bandos is only good when you have nothing else to buy/do.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Herblore 85+ will do you way more good than a chaotic weapon.

IMO, if you really hate dungeoning, but wanna lvl quickly in slayer:

veracs and prossy for pietying, dharok/Torag for melee tasks (not a whole lot of use for it though cause mostly you'll be pietying anyway).

Lots of cannonballs, at least extreme pots, preferably overloads and piety every single task which you can not cannon.

Get prayer up as high as you can, you seem to have the cash anyhow.

I know for personal experience that if you don't want to dungeoneer you can still be a lot more effective with your reg weapons than a chaotic weapon.

Whip + piety > any chaotic weapon, any day - any time - any position and doesn't take long at all.

'

Of course a chaotic weapon with piety will give you quicker kills and stuff, but that's only if you're willing to spend a [cabbage]load of hours at the dungeoneering place. I am fairly certain that with cannoning and pietying every task you will lvl your slayer into high 90's way quicker than it would take you to get the chaotic weapons.

Personally, I am 550k from slayer 95, and there's no way i'm gonna invest any of time into dungeoning for the chaotic weapon, if you piety or turmoil it doesn't make such a big difference.

Purekilljoy.png

Sell bandos and use v skirt + prossy top. Since you can afford sgs I suppose you should have ~100m then. Flip it while dungeoneering, but make sure to find a way of dungeoneering you like (try solo, duo, larger teams, c1, c6, large, small, med). I don't know how much cash you'll have once you have rapier, but get 85 herb with it and keep flipping the rest until you can get uni or turm.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Then again, if you have 22M to spend on bandos why not invest it into pots and cballs and piety/turmoil/cannon your slaying? Makes alot more sense and saves alot more time than the few minutes that the strength bonus might add up to.

Hence I keep my argument, bandos is only good when you have nothing else to buy/do.

Two things:

1. Bandos is the best slayer gear. Using Bandos and a SW cape, your prayer bonus is high enough to comfortably turmoil.

2. Why not spend the money on Bandos AND prayer potions, cannonballs, etc?

Actually, three things, though this isn't necessarily directed towards you:

3. A pro BA player with a pro team can get a torso in about two hours. However, for anyone who isn't pro at BA, it would take about the same amount of time to get a torso as it would a BCP.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

@ obtaurian : 1. I don't see why so many people use veracs then.

2. That's because he's low on cash and wants some efficiency. I would say extremes would be better than +6 str bonus.

1. Because Verac's (the skirt, specifically) is a great alternative to tassets.

2. I agree that the OP would be much better off spending his money on extremes at this point. My point was that one does not need to choose between extremes and Bandos if he/she has the means to afford both.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Chaotic weps, STATS ARE AWESOME! :)

88 Summoning; so helpful! Summoning is generally a helpful skill.

Herblore - same as chaotic weps - awesome boost!

Those 3 would I mainly focus on. Dragon claws are nice, too. :)

Soul_Wars.png Soul_Wars.png

DFS is outclassed by defender except in wyverns. Even there, it's not strictly necessary.

SGS should not even come across your mind. I suggest to get 87 herblore to stew for extreme range and for EEE.

Dclaws gets you more DPS, but not as much as a chaotic rapier. You should get it after 95 prayer/85 herblore.

Leveling summoning comes naturally as you train slayer, so 88 will come in due time

Anything but Dclaws.

I'd take DFS over stopping at the herb level for super antifirepotions.

Please elaborate, and please tell me I misunderstood you

Because what I think you said was that a DFS is more usefull then Claws/85 herblore

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png