Smithing or Herblore?

Tatters

Smithing or Herblore  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Witch skill should I obtain first?

I currently have the money for rather 73 Smithing or 70 Herblore. I cannot decide witch one would be better to get. WHat do you think and why? Thanks! :mrgreen:

| November 2009: Fishing Skillcape Achived |

| January 2010: Red Partyhat Obtained |

| March 2010: Woodcutting Skillcape Achived |

| August 2010: Fletching Skillcape Achived |

Both are equally useless. However if you feel a driving need to get one or the other get herblore as at higher levels there will be a point to it and you will see a return in your investment whereas with smithing all you are buying is total levels.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

What's the point for those levels? 73 smithing is easy and cheap enough to get.... (try spending 10M a level from 93 ;) )

And herblore can be gained from WGS.

Sooooooo..... Go get smithing. Then go and do WGS, throw the 400K exp into herb (assuming you're at 65) and you'll get 70.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

What's the point for those levels? 73 smithing is easy and cheap enough to get.... (try spending 10M a level from 93 ;) )

Tried goldsmithing with gauntlets? 99 Smithing only costs about 40M with it at 60k xp/hour, then you can add in superheating + smithing for about 110k xp/hour.

Not too expensive. ;)

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Both are equally useless. However if you feel a driving need to get one or the other get herblore as at higher levels there will be a point to it and you will see a return in your investment whereas with smithing all you are buying is total levels.

I dont have a driving need, I just feel like having an 'expensive' skill 70 + :shades:

Its just with the money I got at the moment those are the highest I can get them to.

First, i'd go for herblore.

Second,If you dont need those levels now i sugggest getting to 63-65 herblore and invest the money left in herbs & 2nds.

There will be another Bonus XP weekend and when it happen you will actually more then double your money's worth (XP or cash).

screw smithing - a totally useless skill just a total lvl. I admit, it is nice but with herbing you can actually do something with it later.

Smithing was a good skill to have when we were in RSC and the r2h just came out.... now it's pretty much an obsolete skill which you only use for making darts, kinves etc. But with herbing lvl 80+ you can really benefit from it.

Purekilljoy.png

Get 69 smithing and 65 herblore (both for quests).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I dont have a driving need, I just feel like having an 'expensive' skill 70 + :shades:

Its just with the money I got at the moment those are the highest I can get them to.

If you're adamant then in spending your money now, I would suggest herblore if you're more into combat training. Even if you trained smithing for solely dungeoneering, there are people who will offer you services in smithing to get you the items you want to have bound off the get-go.

But truly, I think if your only desire is just to spend money, I would wait. Once spent, you won't get that money back. Perhaps save it, work on another skill, and outline more concrete goals that you want to work towards. Then when you're certain of what you want you have a nice little pile of cash to start putting dents into it.

hzvjpwS.gif

If you're just trying to spend money get 70 prayer. It's actually very useful, unlike the other two.

I've got to agree here.

The thing is you have to have more of a reason than what you have now to spend a lot of money on just a small amount of a skill in my opinion.

j0xPu5R.png

From what iv'e heard people say, I think ill keep the money and maybe save it for later, might go for 91 Construction and use effigies to get it higher. Thanks all for your input. :)