Longboarding

Sam

how much are longboards usually costing? i might buy one but where i live, not alot of skateboards or longboarders, everythings just hills, but where im at its decent of enough flat part.

Hills are the best though! Longboards are meant for that kind of stuff. ;)

ya, but it would be wierd to see a guy on a longboard thats in the country side lol

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, was just wondering if anyone could help me choose between buying a Dervish or a Tan Tien.

one of these will be my first longboard (altough i have borrowed/used friends longboards). My friends told me to get a dervish

because they are apparently a better board for beginners...but im not sure if Dervish's will be too flexy ( I dont like flex )

Any opinions on the two?

Also how do you change bushings :-#

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Hey everyone, was just wondering if anyone could help me choose between buying a Dervish or a Tan Tien.

one of these will be my first longboard (altough i have borrowed/used friends longboards). My friends told me to get a dervish

because they are apparently a better board for beginners...but im not sure if Dervish's will be too flexy ( I dont like flex )

Any opinions on the two?

Regrettably this is a question I can't answer as I've never had a Dervish, or even heard of a Tan Tien, I'm sure that once Sam reads your question he'll be able to answer. ;)

Any opinions on the two?

Dervish is a great beginners board, but if you think it's too flexy, I'd definitely go for a Tan Tien. Are you buying deck only or a complete?

Bushings are very easy to replace, though it's hard to explain. It's easier if you have a skater 'T' tool. Check out this link, explains it better than I could.

EDIT: 9.06pm - Had a great early evening board around Glastonbury, found some awesome tarmac and getting the hang of stopping using knee/handpads.

Broke my wheels in too, really grippy now.

Also a image taken at the top of the hill we went down;

41659_1092835425_6911_n.jpg

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Hey everyone, was just wondering if anyone could help me choose between buying a Dervish or a Tan Tien.one of these will be my first longboard (altough i have borrowed/used friends longboards). My friends told me to get a dervishbecause they are apparently a better board for beginners...but im not sure if Dervish's will be too flexy ( I dont like flex )Any opinions on the two?Also how do you change bushings :-#
Dervish is a great beginners board, but if you think it's too flexy, I'd definitely go for a Tan Tien. Are you buying deck only or a complete?

Yeah I think i'll buy a tan tien, i tried out my friends one and it feels pretty good (although his was a flex 3), so i might end up getting a flex 2. I guess i'll buy complete off Hopkin, unless i should buy a deck and some nice trucks/bearings/wheels

What do you think you'll primarily do on the board? I'd personally use;

Tan Tien Deck

70mm Abec 11 Retro Zig Zags

Paris/Randal 180mm trucks

Bones Reds Bearings

Venom Supercarve bushings

Tried out my friends longboard quite a number of times, and it's great fun. Seems I'll need to buy one of these for myself. Although I can only just ride around, no tricks. :(

Longboarding isn't so much about tricks, it's about flow. You can do tricks as such though, check out the videos in the first post.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Im hoping to get a Pintail 40 here sometime next year, however current finances for a car is more important at the moment.

I'm getting better and better on my friend's loner board. I got to say, it is fun. :smile:

http://www.originalskateboards.com/longboards/pintail-40-longboard

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Im hoping to get a Pintail 40 here sometime next year, however current finances for a car is more important at the moment.

I'm getting better and better on my friend's loner board. I got to say, it is fun. :smile:

http://www.originalskateboards.com/longboards/pintail-40-longboard

WIN :3

:thumbup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Anything new on the longboarding front?

I myself will be getting some BONES: Reds bearings this coming week, my current bearings (crappy nonbrand ABEC 5's) are close to seizing, so I thought some new bearings were in order.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

So today at lunch, I tried out my other friend's longboard, it was alright, different from my other friend's pintail, I was rolling for a bit, when I hit a rock, the board stopped, I didn't. I sort of polvulted off the board, and when I landed, I fell on my ankle. So yeah, just about 200 pounds of force on my ankle, at once, is not good.

Im waiting to see what is it, a fracture, a sprain, etc.

But yeah.

Feels, alright man.

I have some bones reds bearings (back from when I used to skateboard). I assume they're the same size on longboards? (only the deck and wheels looked different to me)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Ahh ok. But yeah, they're great bearings. If you didn't live so far away I'd offer sell you mine(very lightly used), but with the shipping you wouldn't save any money :P

polvCwJ.gif

From canada to the UK, on a 1lb package? I'll check.

$65 CAD - about 65 USD. The bearings themselves aren't worth more than 50 if my memory serves me correctly.

polvCwJ.gif