Slayer points

michel555555

So i'm finally nearing 99 slayer and just bought the last ability from kuradal with my slayer points. So i thought i'd get a discussion going about what should you do with slayer points after you have all the tasks you want blocked and all the abilities you can buy.

So would you cash in all of your points for runes to sell or, would you save up you points incase a new slayer only monster comes out or if new abilities are added to the slayers reward shop?

Personally I am going to be trading all my points in for runes.

First off its decent cash. And if any new abilities or monsters are released I think I would find it borring just to buy it right away. I'd much rather have fun doing some more tasks and make it feel more like an achievement.

So what would you do?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Skip tasks that you don't feel like doing. I'm much more likely to log off and doing something else if I get a task I don't particularly like, so I save all of my points for those occasions.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Skip tasks that you don't feel like doing. I'm much more likely to log off and doing something else if I get a task I don't particularly like, so I save all of my points for those occasions.

I agree with this, being stuck with a bad task and no ability to skip is a big demotivator.

Plus. using the points to skip tasks for more valuable ones (spiritual mages, abyssal demons, ice wyrms etc.), would give more experience and be more profitable.

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

It's efficient to use the points to cancel tasks, with kurdal, you get almost enough points to cancel every second task, thus almost allowing you to only do great tasks(or more profitable tasks, if you are looking for money).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

One of the main reasons I still enjoy slaying is because I skip every task I don't like until I have one I do like. The most points I've ever had at one time is 700 but I'm usually between none and 400 but that is usually after I do a 50th task.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I just kept slaying, regardless of task. If I didn't feel like doing that particular task, I'd do something else for a while, and do the task when I felt like it.

Used up all my ~3k points on runes.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

If you have bought everything you wanted, just spend your points on runes for extra cash. But DO NOT spend them all. Believe me, I did this mistake when I did 99slayer, and later when i decided to go for 20m xp goal, I really missed those points and I had to do tasks I didn't like. So yeah, always keep like 400 for canceling :)

CSF leader

therisingsigfx0.png

1dedecekefb.jpg

I would save some for cancelling tasks, then spend the rest on Slayer Dart runes. If I had max points, that being 64011, I'd spend 58011 on Slayer Darts, and keep 6000 for cancelling tasks.

That's about 414,250 Death Runes o_O

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

After getting Ice Strikewyrm ability I probably will save up to 36k, spend 35k on Slayer Darts, rinse, repeat.

Always have enough points to block/skip!!

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

After spending the 3450 points on all these abilities, I'd probably either save the points for canceling, use them on slayer exp, or on the runes.

Probably try to buy all rewards at least once as well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

A free 153m right there, not counting the mind runes.

162m if you count the mind runes too.

All that mind and death runes might even mess up the economy...

162m is pocket change to people who can actually get that many points. Cashing the points in in runes is a quick fix, you'd make ALOT more money and xp by canceling tasks.

I've got ~2k slay points ATM. If I ever DESPERATLY need money, I'd cash some in. Personally, I'd rather skip things I don't like.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

i am at like 6k points atm. i skip every task i don't like or don't feel like doing, and somehow my points keep going up

Happens to me aswell, but there's a solution- skip all tasks but ice wyrms(or ice wyrms and abyssals). I really like to ''camp'' 2k ice wyrms in a row.

i am at like 6k points atm. i skip every task i don't like or don't feel like doing, and somehow my points keep going up

Happens to me aswell, but there's a solution- skip all tasks but ice wyrms(or ice wyrms and abyssals). I really like to ''camp'' 2k ice wyrms in a row.

Oh, i'd probably do the same except that my current task is 199 ISW, and I havn't had a SOL since before july, at least 10+ tasks. Don't think I've had a whip in 10+ tasks either.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]