Tip.It times - 3rd October 2010

Racheya

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racheya ONCE AGAIN showing her lack of logic skills.... and reasoning ability....

Okay, seriously. I see your point and everything, but enough with the insults. Saying the author is wrong is one thing, but stating that author lacks logic skills is NOT the best way to show that you are expressing your opinion, however valid, POLITELY and CONSTRUCTIVELY, about the article. Sorry about that, annoyance showing through there.

Anyway. Personally, I think that the problem with writing about these sorts of subjects is that while they may be good for discussion, that discussion tends to become rather heated. The subject of effinciency is so controversial because not only do people think different things are efficent, they also have different definitions for efficency. For example, Player A might that effinciency is the fastest possible way, but Player B might think that effiicient methods are those that he/she enjoys, and which therefore are more pleasant to grind out, making it seem to go by faster. This is not the best example, but it's late, and I'm not very verbose at the moment.

Fictional was good. Can't wait to see part 3!

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

Racheya ONCE AGAIN showing her lack of logic skills.... and reasoning ability....

Okay, seriously. I see your point and everything, but enough with the insults. Saying the author is wrong is one thing, but stating that author lacks logic skills is NOT the best way to show that you are expressing your opinion, however valid, POLITELY and CONSTRUCTIVELY, about the article. Sorry about that, annoyance showing through there.

there is no right way

nothing will change because the times is basically a circle jerk of friends who refuse to listen to criticism

there is no right way

nothing will change because the times is basically a circle jerk of friends who refuse to listen to criticism

Racheya said she wanted constructive criticism a couple articles back and now we're dishing it out. It just seems people don't like criticism, part of that is telling the author things they don't want to hear. I actually agree with you though so maybe they will use the criticism to improve further articles.

Low_C.png

Don't tell me I haven't read the three preceding pages of responses, I know that.

"Yes, noob is hardly the most insulting term you could call someone, but its the idea behind it that matters, rather than the actual name-calling - the idea that being efficient makes you fundamentally better than other players. Yes, you may have more xp and higher levels than that player, but that doesnt make you better in any other way than stats."

Unfortunately, (for me, at least) the term "noob" refers to one who is in some way less experienced at something than the speaker. In this case, one with lower stats is definitively a noob to one with higher stats. Yet, as pointed out in the article, this higher levelled person can be a noob at SC or Dungeoneering. So, I find the condemnation of the label of noob being applied to inefficient players not very stable or well-supported.

Orc-- Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

What you're talking about is well.. hard to talk about.

In my experience, 'most' players find that combat (usually in minigames/activities) is the funnest part of the game. Another large section of players really enjoy making lots of money. Personally, I like most skills and dislike minigames/activities. I also enjoy just sitting in a spot and talking to someone, or arguing (a friendly argument) with someone. So fun is, as you said, really just an opinion.

Now on the other hand, efficient players. Well, I can side both for them and against them. I like how they find faster ways to train, and sometimes it's also more fun to use their method.

Then---Elitists

[spoiler="Elitists&quot]It’s true that many players find efficiency and reaching high levels to be genuinely fun, they enjoy getting the xp and racking up the high scores, there’s nothing wrong with that. However the thing that IS wrong is when these extremely efficient players that see themselves as ‘elite’ start to call people who don’t use the most efficient methods… noobs.

You can never really understand why a player would just call you a noob for some idiotic reason and then ignore you... until you become that player. Runescape's community is becoming more and more competative through the years.

For example, a year or two ago, I could go to Armadyl God War's Dungeon with a few friends at around 105 combat and 75 ranged, as well as using just some dhide and some enchanted bolts. Nowadays, teams require that you need 95~ range, 95~ defense, 88+ summoning just to be eligible to be accepted onto that team. Even if you get together with friends, you'll most likely get crashed and called noobs. Now I've been on both sides of that; I've crashed people and I've been crashed. As most people know, getting crashed sucks. Some team comes in, steals your killers, and starts talking trash. But, aside from the trash talking, I'd have to say that crashing is a necessary thing to do. It's not that higher level players think that lower level players shouldn't be at godwars...it's pretty much an efficiency thing. Most people who go to godwars would rather take one trip and get 60-80 kills in a few hours than taking a few trips to get 80 kills in probably over 10 hours.

Another more recent example is Dungeoneering. An average team doesn't really work together well and can take 60-90 minutes on each large floor. Because of this, more efficient players, as you call "elitists" decided to make their own world and/or clan to get dungeons done fast. I've done floors with them, and with a good team, you can get a large floor done in 30-40 minutes on average. To get onto these teams, some requirements are well lame, while others are good to have.

Requirements usually are:

80+ dungeoning - in order to have good experience (Personally i think its stupid if someone has 78 or 79 and isnt accepted)

A shadow silk hood - the problem with this is usually people without them are slower and/or lragequit when they die because the rooms don't get cleared out

Competence. Stupid people completely ruin dungeoning.

Efficiency - if youre standing around, youre not helping which increases the floor time.

not ragequiting when you die. - sure, dying sucks and lowers your experience. But if you leave then you ruin it for everybody.

130+ combat - Personally, I really hate this requirement, and it's probably how you feel about most elitists. I have been 129 combat for a while and have been denied access to teams many times. Recently, we had our 5 people and the leader was about to start when he decided to replace me with a lvl 135. The worse part was, the leader was 131 and had 600 overall levels less than I did.

Now that I've typed all this out, I really don't think there's a good solution. When you have the skills to be an elitist, you will probably become a hypocrite and join them, and if you don't, kudos to you. The only good way to avoid elitists altogether is to go with people on your friends list.

Remember that pretty much everything is an OPINION, including this statement.

SO as i said before, I like friendly arguments. But this doesn't really look like it's going to be one. I'll try and read any serious responses I get to this, but I expect to get trolled in an argument of this nature and will simply ignore any trolling.

Picture4-2.png 7QKmX.jpg
Jagiella.png

Racheya ONCE AGAIN showing her lack of logic skills. Please just stop with all the fallicies, if you wish to retain any semblance of both impartiality (which personally I think you've blown) and reasoning ability. I'll post a myriad of examples later.

1.) What your definition is, is actually rather irrelevant. If you are going to write an article about a subject, you need to find out what the REAL, or ACCEPTED definition is. Going by the timing, and content of your article, I will assume that it was written at least in part in answer to the "efficiency" thread on TIF. As such, you really need to use a GOOD definition of efficiency, which was stated numerous times as gp/xp/time. I can argue any side quite easily if I mis define the terms which the other side is using, part of the reason why in debate one of the first things done is to define the terms in the resolution, as well as other common terms to be used.

2.)

"Lets face it: Runescape is mostly about the grind' date=' the rote repetition of clicking the same things over and over."[/quote'] You say you aren't getting into whether or not this is a good/bad thing, and yet your whole tone is to imply that it IS bad. There are numerous ways you could (and should) have written this, to retain your objectivity.

3.)

This usually involves a lot of calculations with XP per hour' date=' cost per XP and estimated times to reach a goal. Not everyone bothers with the number crunching beforehand, some just get as many resources as they vaguely figure would be enough, then go and do whatever method of training it is[/quote'] BULL [cabbage]. The math for most efficiency factors takes seconds, simple as calculating potion gp/xp, etc. Heck, even figuring out defender Vs DFS is as simple as comparing the stats.

4.)

Playing Runescape for fun is the most important thing.
You continue to assume that efficiency is IMPOSSIBLE to attain' date=' without being bored. SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
I hate to think that people are continuing to play just because they feel that they have to get high levels, rather than because they genuinely feel that they enjoy the game.
Citation needed to prove this is true of efficient players.

5.)

This average player is someone that plays Runescape maybe an hour or two a day. They often play it with friends and are what Jagex would consider an average player to be: usually fairly balanced' date=' typical stats with not many high levels[/quote'] Citation needed. In fact, Jagex expressly said that RS was geared for adults. It has been my experience, as an adult gamer, that more adult gamers are goal oriented then their younger counterparts. I can't prove it scientifically, but then again I'm not claiming what is "average" without anything to back up my stance.

6.)

Of course' date=' Im only speaking in stereotypes right now. Every player is unique, have their own way of playing the game and, I hope, enjoying Runescape. However, Stereotypes play a big part in the Efficiency wars. What sort of player is stereotypically anti-efficiency? What sort of player is stereotypically pro-efficiency? Im sure you can guess.[/quote'] What the hell does this mean? So you admit that, although you are limiting all RS players to one of three categories, they are only stereotypes? That somewhat destroys your whole argument.

7)

Its true that many players find efficiency and reaching high levels to be genuinely fun' date=' they enjoy getting the xp and racking up the high scores, theres nothing wrong with that. However the thing that IS wrong is when these extremely efficient players that see themselves as elite start to call people who dont use the most efficient methods noobs.[/quote'] Why? Because you say so? I am better, in stats, gear, bank, and experience, then 95%+ of the RS population, there can be no debate about that. So, am I not one of the more "elite" players? Pretty sure most of the max players would consider themselves far more "elite". In fact MAYBE YOU SHOULD DEFINE ELITE. The definition of elite is, among other things, "The best or most skilled members of a group". Hmm. Guess I AM elite.

8.)

the idea that being efficient makes you fundamentally better than other players
It does' date=' according to my style of play. I am an achievement player. Making, meeting, and exceeding goals is what I play for, in large part. If I achieve more, for less, in a shorter amount of time, then other players, I AM better, by definition. The definition of Better is, among other things: To surpass or exceed, More highly skilled or adept, More useful, suitable, or desirable. Hmm. Once again, I am better in the game. This has nothing to do with my real life standing, my "worth", etc.

9.)

And where do I stand on this matter? Well, I think after much discussion on this topic Ive come to the conclusion that the best way to play is however you want to
Do you really mean this? So, you are for allowing anything, as long as it is in the rules? I should hold you to this. From now on, you have NO excuse to complain against anything which is within RS rules, and Jagex ToS. No more complaining about 76k'ers, rushers, etc.

I think that if youre enjoying yourself' date=' then youre playing as efficiently as you need to be.[/quote'] Wrong term again, you mean effective. Efficient means: functioning or producing effectively and with the least waste of effort; competent. Effective means: Acting directly to produce an effect. If you had said effective, you would have been correct.

Really gotta disagree with #3 there. Your contradiction implies EVERY SINGLE PLAYER spends the time to calculate gp/exp. THAT is simply "not true." Actually, so it saying that the calculations are easy - some people find math harder then others, lack the innate mathematical ability that makes it simply, or could be too young to be good at it yet. Or, on that note, mentally disabled.

And frankly, people could just be too lazy. Back in pre-GE days, if you spent enough at Camelot, you'd probably wander into someone wondering what 1k flax is worth at 100gp. Yeah.

#7. I think the fact she was getting at is, although you may be elite, that doesn't mean you look-down and insullt people who aren't as "elite" as you.

#9. Mostly good points, except for 76k'ers. Frankly, the only real reason that 76k'ing isn't against the rules is that there is no bureaucratic way to enforce anti-76k'ing, because the line between 76k'ing and not can be very blurry. The concept of wearing 76k and having another person kill you so they can profit, or vice-versa, is actually against the spirit of the game and frowned upon by Jagex last I checked; but like I said, it's not enforceable.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Are you just arguing for the sake of argument? Stonewall was giving criticism, that isn't a bad thing. His "opinions" are to help Racheya's writing, even the best of articles can be criticized.

Low_C.png

[hide]

Racheya ONCE AGAIN showing her lack of logic skills. Please just stop with all the fallicies, if you wish to retain any semblance of both impartiality (which personally I think you've blown) and reasoning ability. I'll post a myriad of examples later.

1.) What your definition is, is actually rather irrelevant. If you are going to write an article about a subject, you need to find out what the REAL, or ACCEPTED definition is. Going by the timing, and content of your article, I will assume that it was written at least in part in answer to the "efficiency" thread on TIF. As such, you really need to use a GOOD definition of efficiency, which was stated numerous times as gp/xp/time. I can argue any side quite easily if I mis define the terms which the other side is using, part of the reason why in debate one of the first things done is to define the terms in the resolution, as well as other common terms to be used.

2.)

"Lets face it: Runescape is mostly about the grind' date=' the rote repetition of clicking the same things over and over."[/quote'] You say you aren't getting into whether or not this is a good/bad thing, and yet your whole tone is to imply that it IS bad. There are numerous ways you could (and should) have written this, to retain your objectivity.

3.)

This usually involves a lot of calculations with XP per hour' date=' cost per XP and estimated times to reach a goal. Not everyone bothers with the number crunching beforehand, some just get as many resources as they vaguely figure would be enough, then go and do whatever method of training it is[/quote'] BULL [cabbage]. The math for most efficiency factors takes seconds, simple as calculating potion gp/xp, etc. Heck, even figuring out defender Vs DFS is as simple as comparing the stats.

4.)

Playing Runescape for fun is the most important thing.
You continue to assume that efficiency is IMPOSSIBLE to attain' date=' without being bored. SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
I hate to think that people are continuing to play just because they feel that they have to get high levels, rather than because they genuinely feel that they enjoy the game.
Citation needed to prove this is true of efficient players.

5.)

This average player is someone that plays Runescape maybe an hour or two a day. They often play it with friends and are what Jagex would consider an average player to be: usually fairly balanced' date=' typical stats with not many high levels[/quote'] Citation needed. In fact, Jagex expressly said that RS was geared for adults. It has been my experience, as an adult gamer, that more adult gamers are goal oriented then their younger counterparts. I can't prove it scientifically, but then again I'm not claiming what is "average" without anything to back up my stance.

6.)

Of course' date=' Im only speaking in stereotypes right now. Every player is unique, have their own way of playing the game and, I hope, enjoying Runescape. However, Stereotypes play a big part in the Efficiency wars. What sort of player is stereotypically anti-efficiency? What sort of player is stereotypically pro-efficiency? Im sure you can guess.[/quote'] What the hell does this mean? So you admit that, although you are limiting all RS players to one of three categories, they are only stereotypes? That somewhat destroys your whole argument.

7)

Its true that many players find efficiency and reaching high levels to be genuinely fun' date=' they enjoy getting the xp and racking up the high scores, theres nothing wrong with that. However the thing that IS wrong is when these extremely efficient players that see themselves as elite start to call people who dont use the most efficient methods noobs.[/quote'] Why? Because you say so? I am better, in stats, gear, bank, and experience, then 95%+ of the RS population, there can be no debate about that. So, am I not one of the more "elite" players? Pretty sure most of the max players would consider themselves far more "elite". In fact MAYBE YOU SHOULD DEFINE ELITE. The definition of elite is, among other things, "The best or most skilled members of a group". Hmm. Guess I AM elite.

8.)

the idea that being efficient makes you fundamentally better than other players
It does' date=' according to my style of play. I am an achievement player. Making, meeting, and exceeding goals is what I play for, in large part. If I achieve more, for less, in a shorter amount of time, then other players, I AM better, by definition. The definition of Better is, among other things: To surpass or exceed, More highly skilled or adept, More useful, suitable, or desirable. Hmm. Once again, I am better in the game. This has nothing to do with my real life standing, my "worth", etc.

9.)

And where do I stand on this matter? Well, I think after much discussion on this topic Ive come to the conclusion that the best way to play is however you want to
Do you really mean this? So, you are for allowing anything, as long as it is in the rules? I should hold you to this. From now on, you have NO excuse to complain against anything which is within RS rules, and Jagex ToS. No more complaining about 76k'ers, rushers, etc.

I think that if youre enjoying yourself' date=' then youre playing as efficiently as you need to be.[/quote'] Wrong term again, you mean effective. Efficient means: functioning or producing effectively and with the least waste of effort; competent. Effective means: Acting directly to produce an effect. If you had said effective, you would have been correct.

Really gotta disagree with #3 there. Your contradiction implies EVERY SINGLE PLAYER spends the time to calculate gp/exp. THAT is simply "not true." Actually, so it saying that the calculations are easy - some people find math harder then others, lack the innate mathematical ability that makes it simply, or could be too young to be good at it yet. Or, on that note, mentally disabled.

And frankly, people could just be too lazy. Back in pre-GE days, if you spent enough at Camelot, you'd probably wander into someone wondering what 1k flax is worth at 100gp. Yeah.

#7. I think the fact she was getting at is, although you may be elite, that doesn't mean you look-down and insullt people who aren't as "elite" as you.

#9. Mostly good points, except for 76k'ers. Frankly, the only real reason that 76k'ing isn't against the rules is that there is no bureaucratic way to enforce anti-76k'ing, because the line between 76k'ing and not can be very blurry. The concept of wearing 76k and having another person kill you so they can profit, or vice-versa, is actually against the spirit of the game and frowned upon by Jagex last I checked; but like I said, it's not enforceable.

[/hide]

Wow, l2hidetags

pere_grin.png

Are you just arguing for the sake of argument? Stonewall was giving criticism, that isn't a bad thing. His "opinions" are to help Racheya's writing, even the best of articles can be criticized.

I disagree. Stonewall's argument was mostly about semantics, and occasionally irrelevant to the topic of the article. Besides, discussion is allowed which means even criticism can be criticized.

I'm fairly certain Racheya meant elitist, not elite.

Stonewall didn't read the very next sentence in the article. In fact, he managed to pull several quotes out of context.

rssig2.png

The entire efficiency sub-culture reminds me of those intros on The Big Bang Theory, where they all use markerboards to over-analyze the best cinema for watching movies or the best places to eat out. :-P

The biggest part of RS players just do what they read in some guide somewhere, without actually bothering to actually do the math themselves.

I personally try to be efficient, but not at the expense of my cash pile. I won't burn through GP just to do something the fastest, most efficient way. I find myself trying to strike a balance between the most efficient way and the least expensive way.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Efficiency = (Maximum Amount of Money You Can Make/Hr) - (Money You're Making/Losing Right Now/Hr) / (Experience/Hour) is the formula, get it straight.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Efficiency

this is a nice little primer on efficiency and is in general a pretty uber-pro article.

Edit: the calculator near the bottom is pretty cool. Played around with the numbers a bit. The most surprising conclusion was that it shows that a method that gives 175,000 xp/hr but costs 4 gp/xp is better than a method that gives 120,000 xp/hr and profits 250k/hr if one makes more than 2.3m/hr. Pretty neat.

Efficiency has everything to do with your cash pile and how quickly you can build/burn through it.

@ the first article, I'm with the third group.

I play for fun. PKing mostly because it's the only thing in this game that's a challenge and you can do well at it by bringing the right gear, thinking about your stats, teamwork etc. I don't see bosses as a challange, maybe the first time but after that it just gets repetive. I've solo'ed all bosses except for the corporal beast on 99 combat, and found them all quite easy.

I do certain things that I dislike effective to finish it as fast as possible. I hate Jagex for making new minigames/skills that aren't fun, and then still make people play it by giving them unrelated overpowered rewards. (pest control, dungeoneering, soul wars)

Skills should be something players do for fun, not as requirements for quests.

Using that same logic, Jagex should also remove combat requirements and all hard monsters, because that requires lots of grinding combat and making money to buy good weapons and food that's no fun at all either. <_<

"But wait," you reply, "combat is lots of fun!" Perhaps, but lots of people like skilling too and maybe don't like combat as much. Jagex isn't going to change the system just because you don't want to do skills. If you don't want to grind skills and can't find a fun way to level them, then don't level them so you can do quests. This is the whole point of Runescape: You're not required to do any particular thing to enjoy the game.

People can like skilling, just don't make it required for quests. I like quests, but I don't like skilling. I would like to see alternatives for stat requirements in quests. For example "Blood runs deep" you need 75 attack and 75 strength because that's what you need for the balmung weapon. This weapon hits a lot on dagannoths and you need it to finish the boss monster of the quest. But I don't want to get 75 strength and attack. However I am 99 range and 98 magic. why doesn't Jagex just lets me try to finish off the boss without a balmung. Maybe it will make it a lot harder, maybe even impossible to do it with range and magic, who knows? It will be a challenge to try it anyway. Now Jagex doesn't even let me start the quest without the stats.

I would like to see the assist system work in quests to do something that requires a high skill. Or like in monkey madness, people who can't finish the puzzle pay 200k.

I do understand why Jagex makes these requirements with overpowered rewards. They think, if they bother getting their skills up, they use more member days and we make more money. However if I could just buy the dungeoneering weapons instead of having to earn them by dungeoneering, the dungeoneers would be rich and I would be able to have fun instead of doing things I don't like. Maybe at the next overpowered weapon you'll only be able to wear after a quest that requires 99 farming I'm not going to get it, and quit rs instead. But there's also other players that will quit rs if they run out of things to do, and I'm affraid theres more of those group then of my group. So Jagex chooses to keep that group busy and keeps adding high requirements to new quests.

Ok... Now you've done it... Now I feel I need to get involved, and I'll leave it up to you if you wanted it to come to that...

Racheya wrote an article about the efficiency wars, and has drawn from many different sources and viewpoints, which to me, seem to be explaining her own. I think the topic is seriously done to death (fun vs accomplishment, which in my opinion are the same in RS cuz you need one for the other). But Racheya obviously managed to get everyone fired up to discuss their opinion and experiences, both positive and negative. I wouldnt have dared to touch this subject, but Racheya obviously had the balls to do it, so kudos for that.

If you read thoroughly through the article, you can see it is her own opinion. At the Times we are free to write whatever the hell we want. Opinion, fact, analysis, fiction, its all good. We write these articles for your enjoyment, and hopefully bring you to think about something you havent thought of, or get you to think about something in a different way than you're used to...

I've seen the Times change over the almost three years that I have been with it. From one article a week, to a peak of four articles a week, we settled on two, maybe three, supplemented by a fictional or a guest article... But sometimes there is not much to write about as there is little news, nothing to analyse, and sometimes our own well runs dry. This is only natural, and this shines through in our articles. We are therefor constantly looking for new writers and constructive criticism to refresh our pool of ideas...

But when people like Stonewall337 start disecting every single word we've written down, pulling it out of context and then blame us for the fact that it does not make sense, does not encourage us to get engaged in the conversation about our own articles. I see people like him as the Fox News of these boards, needlessly finding problems that don't exist and then demanding a solution for it.

I myself don't mind criticism, and god knows I've had my share of it. It is impossible to please everyone everytime, you all know the cliché. But some people will simply never be satisfied, and I ignore those just like everyone else would.

Bladewing calls the Tip.it Times a "circle jerk of friends who refuse to listen to criticism". But he has it worded all wrong. We are a circle of friends who refuse to listen to criticism from jerks. This circle is open to everyone who thinks he can write. But even after articles like "So you think you can Times" we've not had many decent applicants. And even in the editorial panel we sometimes disagree (see my third scentence), but we will not get in one another's way to write what we want to write.

Nor did I have to suck up to anyone to get in. I was invited a long time ago. This invitation was based on my forum posts at the time, and this is still one of the ways they are recruiting for the panel.

We do listen to intelligent and constructive criticism that we can use. But simply pointing out what is wrong without a hint of how it SHOULD have been written, is everything but constructive or helpful.

Think you can do better? SHOW us...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Guest jrhairychest

Bladewing calls the Tip.it Times a "circle jerk of friends who refuse to listen to criticism".

Lmao. Never has there been a more brilliant example of Pot and Kettle :lol:

if i criticize the national enquirer, i do not need to write an article for them to prove i am better

edit: i am not saying i can write better than you

i am saying that the way the times is set up is a breeding ground for groupthink

if i criticize the national enquirer, i do not need to write an article for them to prove i am better

But if you criticize the writers, you kinda DO have to prove that ;)

Anywho, breeding ground for groupthink? I can only wish that. We do not talk as much amongst one another as much as I would like. If I knew what every writer was up to, I could tune my articles to that...

Btw, just a curious question; How DO you think the Editorial Panel (lets call it by its name) is set up?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Jesus Christ. Just a question for you all (besides Nighty <3)-- are we still discussing the articles or has this all turned out to be a good excuse to bash the [bleep] staff?

Just asking.

If you read thoroughly through the article, you can see it is her own opinion. At the Times we are free to write whatever the hell we want. Opinion, fact, analysis, fiction, its all good.

Except, like I said, she's writing as if she is representing the opinion of lots of different players.

Guest jrhairychest

Except, like I said, she's writing as if she is representing the opinion of lots of different players.

She states RS should be about fun, first and foremost. I can't see most players having a problem with that.

If you read thoroughly through the article, you can see it is her own opinion. At the Times we are free to write whatever the hell we want. Opinion, fact, analysis, fiction, its all good.

How can you know that she is NOT? For all you know, you and the people you talk to are the only ones who hold opinions contrary to Racheya's, while every single other player agrees with her.

MIND[bleep] IRL.

Sorry, was there a specific paragraph you're speaking of? I thought it was pretty clear it was all her own opinion, even the parts where she uses 'we' seem to be using the editorial 'we' (which, I hate on a stylistic basis, but that's neither here nor there).

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

How can you know that she is NOT? For all you know, you and the people you talk to are the only ones who hold opinions contrary to Racheya's, while every single other player agrees with her.

MIND[bleep] IRL.

why would you make a second account just to do this