14-Oct-2010 - RuneScape Game Bar - New Friends List Feature

Cowman_133

From the pages of Jagex

Back in August we released the RuneScape Game Bar, a toolbar for your web browser that gives you up to date information about your RuneScape account. Tens of thousands of players have now downloaded and installed the Game Bar, and the overall feedback was you wanted it to do more!

I am pleased to announce that our latest update is now live and allows for you to see which of your friends is online. This is a great feature for checking who is online while you're away from RuneScape; it will ensure that you never miss your friends when they log in.

Other features of the Game Bar include:

* Information about any Grand Exchange offers you have running.

* Reminders about repeatable content, including when you can next play Tears of Guthix, redo the Phoenix Lair, fight Bork and the Skeletal Horror, and when you can earn more Thieves’ Guild Hanky Points.

* Quick links to the RuneScape forums, game guide and Adventurer’s Log, among others.

* An RSS feed of recent newsposts on the RuneScape website.

* A ‘Play Now’ button to quickly load up RuneScape.

* A search bar.

If you have any suggestions for other things we can add to the Game Bar, visit the RS Game Bar - Try it Out! forum thread.

To install the Game Bar, simply click this link and follow the instructions. Currently, the Game Bar only supports Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. There is an FAQ about the Game Bar here.

Mod Oliver K

Head of Online Strategy

gamebar%20728x90.jpg

1.png
generic_signature.png

I think they need to assosciate this Bar into their Client.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

Unless it works with chrome, I'm not interested.

And they should add timers to it, for herbs, trees, overloads, etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Ooh, another nice addition to the bar ^^

Hopefully they will soon make it available to the RS client.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

https://chrome.googl...fehjfmnlkpepfmp

It's made by an independant developer, but it uses the information about the GE and so on from Jagex's databases. I'm guessing the friend's list and other updates will be added in a few days :D

I love it when Jagex makes information like this more open, although I think a friend's list feature is fairly limited in use compared to the GE and D&D features. Still, no harm in it at all.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I want more DnDs. Timers, such as 5min, 90min, 13 hours, 24 hours (multiple) and more. I want them to remove the search bar, but I guess that is how they profit from it. I'd like to have a section where we can click stats, achievements, or quests and what we would see ingame on the tab appears in a dropdown box like DnD reminders do. Calculators would be nice. And I'm sure I'll want more when I think of it.

Hameigh.png

https://chrome.googl...fehjfmnlkpepfmp

It's made by an independant developer, but it uses the information about the GE and so on from Jagex's databases. I'm guessing the friend's list and other updates will be added in a few days :D

I love it when Jagex makes information like this more open, although I think a friend's list feature is fairly limited in use compared to the GE and D&D features. Still, no harm in it at all.

Not sure if I trust it yet, if it requires any info.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

it still makes my computer crash lol

they say it works for safari but not for me.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Its nice. If you click the name of the person online it directs you to their Adventure Log.

I really wish they added all the D&D's though, and not just a few of them like it is now.

Not sure if I trust it yet, if it requires any info.

Last I checked it doesn't take the info', it requires you to get the cookie stored via RuneScape's site, then uses that - the exact same way the official thing does it. The cookie simply is checked when a request is made and the server determines if it's valid - no details stored thankfully. :thumbup:

Nice to see they're continuing to develop this - hopefully they'll keep going and get some really useful things in there!

I doubt Ovl one could be added, but wow...A herb one would be so useful, maybe they could work it out so you can see your current planted patches and their respective timers, maybe say if they're dead/diseased? The possibilities are endless!

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Would be better if you could chat to your friends through it.

^

How come my toolbar looks different to the one in the ad? anyways yeah cool friend one.. that timer idea is actually good.

It's different depending on what theme you're using.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png