Will Jagex nerf the Sling?

Undo

So, everyone knows the Sling had unlimitted ammo & was pretty decent when you compared it to Iron&Bronze Knives.

I'm a cheapskate & I'm thinking about going for 99 Range using the Sling just because I can.

But, unless I can get to 99 all the way with the Sling, I'm not bothering going for it.

I'm thinking though just because there's so many 99 Rangers out there crying "OH MAN A FREE WAY TO GET 99 RANGE!? JAGEX WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM I DIDN'T GET THAT ADVANTAGE SO NOBODY ELSE SHOULD EITHER! I HATE YOU & NOW I'M GUNNA' QUIT UNLESS YOU REMOVE IT!!!", Jagex might actually consider these whiny lil' [bleep]es advice yet again & make some changes to it.

So.

Do you think Jagex will nerf/tweak the Sling?

Edited by Laikrob
Misleading title.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, who cares? Use it until it does possibly get nerfed?

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

the sling is terrible

so i don't care

I second this.

Edit : I'm pretty sure Jagex won't nerf this. It was made to make it easier for new players to train range & mage.

They should have joined back in RSC. Gaming was a hell back then. Aah.. talking about RSC is like talking about right after WWII. Horrible, but sweet at the same time.

Edited by Dark_Islands
slyfer.png

I could get 99 ranged with hand cannon and make 500M so... You being cheap has nothing to do with the fact that you'll be losing ALOT of money getting 99 ranged with the sling.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Personally, I think Jagex needs more items like the sling and more spells like wind rush. Crappy spells/ranged weapons that don't need runes/ammunition.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

It's not terrible when you're Ranging using Knives which many of you keep overlooking; the Range Str Bonus come close to eachother.

& Who knows, maybe it's yet another attempt to get Merchants to stop hoarding knives for profit.

Selling White & Purple Phat. & 3A...

Offer.

Link -> http://forum.tip.it/topic/277407-selling-white-purple-phat/

Now ..

I'm a cheapskate & I'm thinking about going for 99 Range using the Sling

Trol0l0l0l .

I smell lies in more than one of your threads by the way.

Will they nerf the sling? I hope so.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

They should nerf it. Its just too strong and effective.

WHAT? Unless you are a complete newb, it's a terrible range weapon. Things like broad bolts and arrows are ALWAYS better at any level that counts, you just have to understand that the time you waste when using an inferior weapons is a considerable loss of money when compared to most other ranged methods. This is exactly why hand cannon, one of the most expensive ranging methods(4th behind onyx, dragon bolts and rune knives, actually, of the usable methods), is the best for frost dragons.

Has this guy ever made a good topic? The only reason you would use a sling is because you want to be inefficient and hit low.

All his topics go on for pages...go troll somewhere else.

They won't nerf the Sling, because it's already in a nerfed state.

It's not worth using after like...5 range, because you'd save time using a better weapon, and time is money. So using it would waste money.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Selling White & Purple Phat. & 3A...

Offer.

Link -> http://forum.tip.it/topic/277407-selling-white-purple-phat/

Now ..

I'm a cheapskate & I'm thinking about going for 99 Range using the Sling

Trol0l0l0l .

I smell lies in more than one of your threads by the way.

Will they nerf the sling? I hope so.

:x

_____

Xpx,

Please re-read the part about comparing the Sling to Knives.

The Sling pretty much provides free Knives.

Undo,

Go kill 100 men with iron knives and measure the xp/h and then repeat

and then kill another 100 men with iron knives and measure xp/h and then repeat.

Then post your results and we can have a proper discussion instead of a huge flame war.

Undo,

Go kill 100 men with the sling and measure the xp/h and then repeat

and then kill another 100 men with iron knives and measure xp/h and then repeat.

Then post your results and we can have a proper discussion instead of a huge flame war.

Fixed :)

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Xpx,

Please re-read the part about comparing the Sling to Knives.

The Sling pretty much provides free Knives.

Only that knives/darts are 50% faster...terrible for comparison.

And for your information, a standard shortbow with bronze arrows both hits higher and has higher accuracy than the sling. Bronze arrows cost ~4k an hour to use with accumulator, not picking up, so assuming shortbow+bronze arrows is 4% better, you'd need to make 104k an hour for bronze arrows+shortbow to be better than the sling. lvl 3 men, as we have found out, are over 300k an hour. So, in conclusion, the sling is ****, and nerfing it further would be ridiculous.

Undo,

Go kill 100 men with iron knives and measure the xp/h and then repeat

Pls L2Read.

I said the Str Bonus comes close.

The speed also comes close.

Did I say they were exactly like Knives?

No, I did not.

They should nerf it. Its just too strong and effective.

WHAT? Unless you are a complete newb, it's a terrible range weapon. Things like broad bolts and arrows are ALWAYS better at any level that counts, you just have to understand that the time you waste when using an inferior weapons is a considerable loss of money when compared to most other ranged methods. This is exactly why hand cannon, one of the most expensive ranging methods(4th behind onyx, dragon bolts and rune knives, actually, of the usable methods), is the best for frost dragons.

/joke :thumbup:

v2vh5l.png

@ SirIzenhime, these topics go on and on because they're free post count and easy as hell to troll. I really haven't figured this Undo fellow out. He posted as a girl for awhile then changes to a myspace photoshoot guy, now he is spamming the boards with all sorts of rare topics, ect. I have to say this topic is probably comparative to TheAncients informative comparison posts which actually are interesting. However, the sling to 99 range.... Who the hell would want to do such a thing.

On topic... I think using the sling was intended for low levels to train up without having to worry about ammo. Not for people with a method of making 300k gp/hr who can afford better ammo/weaponry.

Low_C.png