What do YOU think it takes to be a great leader?

The Observer

Leadership is an important aspect of any clan. But with every leader comes different opinions coming from different members inside and outside of the clan. I'm posting this thread because I'm interested on your opinion on what would make a great, qualified leader in your eyes. You can use examples of leaders you look up to if you want, but try to shy away from negative examples. :thumbup:

Note: Leadership can be defined anyway you want it to be. It could be the main leader of the clan, or it could be an official of a clan for example.

j0xPu5R.png

A leader is an example for the clan, someone who can motivate and teach things at the same time, it's an inspirational individual where you can count on.

There are a lot of different views of a real leader but one thing is for sure, it takes a lot more time and dedication to be one than most people can think of.

I don't have any leaders/idols where I look up to, you can only be a real leader by being yourself.

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

12,079 Profile views. Get on my level.

I think you have to be respected in a clan to be a real leader, Not like a NH person, Someone who helps out the clan, Guides the clan, and makes the clan how it is. Leaders help organize clans. Without them then clans would be nothing. They can give helpful tips to clan mates etc. <-- That's like leader of a clan. And for like an official, You need lot's of skill, you need to be able to pronounce name's good, Incase your facing a Foreign clan, Their names are really hard to say, You'll need to be able to call transitions, You can't panic. You have to know what you're at. You cannot be quite, When you're leading a war you must be talking, If you're calling a pile, You have to say the person's combat level, username and the location. You need to give as much detail for the people you're leading to know what's going on. And also you gotta be nice to your members, Don't put pressure on them. :thumbsup:

Recruit me pl0x?

I've always believed that the best and most effective leaders are just born with pure leadership abilities. They have that aura in them that separates them from everyone else. True leaders need to have the ability to motivate, while at the same time keep the clan/team in order and establish control. Leaders must be willing to get to know every member and develop a relationship with them if they wish to be as successful as possible. Of course leaders are always looked to in bad times and must be able to deal with the pressure and make wise decisions for the benefit of the unit as a whole.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

A leader needs a lot of qualities. The list could go on forever...

But it really bothers me when leaders are dumb and post a wall of text with grammatical errors. Have the presence of mind and make [cabbage] easier to read and don't come off like an idiot and I'm fine.

6590ew.jpg

You have to be a model member. You don't necessarily have to be the best caller, best binder, best ranger, best tank or best sniper, but as long as you put for 6000% every single time in every war, you're a worthy leader to me. A leader also needs to be able to make the big decisions. They should be able to give a good reason supporting their ideas and thoughts but also be able to take constructive criticism from clan mates.

I also want to point out a good leader is not necessarily a good caller, and vice versa.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member |

Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist

ankitm.jpg

I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

You need to be able to call 60 transitions with 60 snipers on you, for lessons you can pm cantstopal13. Also i f your named rodm1107 you only need to call once for exodus and your considered a top 10 caller in runescape

i heared rodm calling and i can tell you that he is really good

ot: mike+tj ftw

champ.gif

There's a lot of differences between a good Leader and a bad Leader. I always think the progress of the clan usually has a correlation to how good the Leadership is. But individually, the most important things I'd consider are; being able to make decisions effectively and efficiently, being able to motivate people, being a role model that people look upto and someone who is ambitious and who wants to take the clan in the right direction. A good Leader doesn't have to be a good caller no matter what anyone says. A Leader can simply give better callers more responsibility and promote them into a position of authority. Being able to make a decision like this is a clear example of why a good Leader doesn't have to be a good caller.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

It really depends on exactly what your role would be in a leadership position. For example, I'd expect a warlord to have a few qualities. Firstly, they should have a ton of time. It's hard to keep your members motivated in a long fight when the warlord has to go to be early all the time. Secondly, they should be a good tank and good fall-in leader (I think that one speaks for itself). Thirdly, they should know their clan's abilities inside and out. Too often you'll have a warlord who under or overestimates what his clan can do, and ends up getting fights which are either impossible to win or incredibly easy.

A leader (such as a main or co-leader) needs to really care about the clan, on a level unlike most. They need to be dedicated to it, and put in as much effort as possible. They should be mature, unbiased, and have a good idea of what the members want.

There's an attitude I've seen sometimes in clans that just because someone is a good warlord, they'll make a good leader. Unfortunately, it's often not true. The necessary qualities are completely different and it can hurt the clan badly when people are promoted willy-nilly with no consideration of whether or not they can actually do the job.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

It takes a large amount of time to take care of a clan and be leader of it. A leader must know what to do at all times for example if theres drama inside the clan or flaming going on within then members. Also should be able to control themselves and not loose control because of a slump or anything else.

Hmm idk much about this but i will say His Lordship(WG leader) seems to be a pretty mature and decent leader.

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

A leader is an example for the clan, someone who can motivate and teach things at the same time, it's an inspirational individual where you can count on.

There are a lot of different views of a real leader but one thing is for sure, it takes a lot more time and dedication to be one than most people can think of.

I don't have any leaders/idols where I look up to, you can only be a real leader by being yourself.

This is the reason why I dont have a girlfriend :wub:

Ex Retaliation High Council | Ex Legendz High Council

lgzfriendly.png

#Legendz on IRC

Proud to have been a Power Ranger

This is the reason why I dont have a girlfriend :wub:

I'm sure there are many more reasons than that

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png