Space

archimage_a

Oh Arch, do you know how much influence we have in our respective nations?

Like are we the group of intellectuals that petition but are always ignored, or closer to high ranking security officials and advisors.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retech, that Ripper beam sounds very interesting. We could do with a reverse engineering of that. Well, I could finish that scanner and then document the assembly for later use.

I'm a little worried about using it in turrets, because it would kill the ship due to it's massive power. Would make a good handheld weapon for military use though.

2Xeo5.png

Nero, don't miss the edit on my last post. Just a heads-up.

Also, I request a position as Security Officer, that way I can distribute the Ripper Beams to things that actually have an accuracy rating of above 20%.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Retech, Yes...Some people have a lot, some people have only a small amount.

Nero and Faust are considered a Heroes...though the Terran Federation have no qualms about thier deaths.

The AI is considered extremely important, but new technology will come along and replace it as soon as possible.

Earth is a public hero but politically unimportant.

Theros, Dmitri and Gavrill are comrades in the glorious Soviet Union.

Jen and Chi are Japanese Heroes...though, since Japan breeds a culture of backstabbing this makes them a target.

Rocco and Jake are public heroes and are politically significant.

As such:

Rocco, the AI and Jake have a lot of influence.

Nero, Faust and Earth have some influence.

Jen, Chi, Theros, Dmitir and Gavrill have little influence.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Okay, that's good enough. I was just making sure we weren't obscure scientists and stuff.

Okay, I have a proposal for everyone. Basically we suggest that the spacefaring nations of Earth that are represented on this spacecraft form a committee, which basically gives out missions that benefit the whole of Earth. All of the nations involved would get all the benefits (if we found a cool weapon, they would all get it. If there is a new medicine or something, their governments get it.)

This way, we don't have to deal with secret missions and concentrate on big missions where everyone contributes.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Is it cause they're all useful in other ways than combat, as it seems almost everyone who is low influence is a tactic, or did you just do it randomly?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Oooh, whoops.

AI, the Nero Protocol currently contains an order preventing Chi from modifying AI programs, correct?

EDIT: Nero, the Protocol is only an override system. If you haven't forbidden it, it's not forbidden. The AI will alert you though, so you can counter Mather's actions. Perhaps you could create a protocol preventing Mather from opening doors or some such thing without permission. You'll also want to choose a new password.

Profession Lockouts(Tactical officers can access the Armour...ect)

Then

Captain's Authorization Protol (*Any changes made to the AI requires this level of clearance*)

Then

Alpha Override Protocol(*Descriptors Missing*)

--------

Arch, as for influence: Makes sense as well for them to be more influential in their chosen field - so tactical officers have influence within their nation's military, science over the scientific community, etc.

Hey, do I get any Merit for taking control of the AI and thus preventing Mather from jettisoning us out the airlock? :)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It wasn't really a mission. Nor was it that helpful.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Arch, as for influence: Makes sense as well for them to be more influential in their chosen field - so tactical officers have influence within their nation's military, science over the scientific community, etc.

They have more contacts in their fields...But if Gavrill's tactical demonstrations are anything to go by, they don't neccessarly have more influence...

Nex,

It wasn't a mission, just house keeping.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

D'aww. :(

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Okay okay, there were all mistakes. One is a million.

Million just seems to come up a lot more.

Plus that was just practice, to see how lenient you would be and how close to reality you'll make it, no harm done to anyone.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Hey, do I get any Merit for taking control of the AI and thus preventing Mather from jettisoning us out the airlock? :)

We could've just shot him anyways. Ha!

---------

----------Captain (Nero - Nero)

----------Chief Navigator (Unfilled)

----------Chief Tactical Officer (Gravill - Icu)

----------Defense Systems and Robotics (Jeremiah - Ross)

----------Chief Repairman and Maintenence (Earth - Earth)

----------Chief Science Officer (Chi - Mather)

----------Combat Medic (Jen - Retech)

----------Diplomatic Officer/Quarter Master (Faust - Nex)

(When Gravill moves to Navigator you can have the Chief Tactical if you'd like, Nex)

-------------------------

Player: Dusty668

Name: Nero

Position: Tactical Officer/Ship Captain

Nationality: Terran Federation

Clearance Code: Captaincy (Access to all stores)

Merit: 200

Energy Credits: 0

Inventory: Meson Pistol, Armory Codes

Skills: Shooting Lv 2

Now I'm curious.

What did you do? Does this have something to do with the fire in the Science Lab?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I thought you only had shooting lvl 1?

THe way he gained merits was from a simulation.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I want my psych profile. :o

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Okay, that's good enough. I was just making sure we weren't obscure scientists and stuff.

Okay, I have a proposal for everyone. Basically we suggest that the spacefaring nations of Earth that are represented on this spacecraft form a committee, which basically gives out missions that benefit the whole of Earth. All of the nations involved would get all the benefits (if we found a cool weapon, they would all get it. If there is a new medicine or something, their governments get it.)

This way, we don't have to deal with secret missions and concentrate on big missions where everyone contributes.

Any comment on this?

Can we have a session naow? BG2 flat lined it, so we are all free.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]