Space

archimage_a

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... an Earth is a name for a suit system?

And I know. Some of the flail barbs transmit high voltage, others are grounded.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Unless I have the two barbs adjacent and swung as one projectile? :-k

Anywho, how effective do you think that would be in general? It would quite obviously be an anti-personnel weapon, what sort of armour would defeat it? How much strength would be required to swing the flail, and what sort of protection would be called for? How much would it cost?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Can do...though it would mean both would need to go in.

Anywho, how effective do you think that would be in general?

Depends on the circumstances.

It would quite obviously be an anti-personnel weapon, what sort of armour would defeat it?

If it was thrown...then probably basic Titanium

How much strength would be required to swing the flail, and what sort of protection would be called for?

It would depend, you said lots of small balls connected by chains.

Rubber gloves to prevent the device shocking you.

How much would it cost?

Nothing substantive.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

OR That idea with Gravity weapons. Seems like a good suit killer, beter than the hammers.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Ross, will you be playing when the session begins?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I'm not sure. Basically I need you to have the Kirby mine for one hour, then go and contact "Crazy Ails", a store on Descar, to trade for life support. We need the life support asap, so you can offer our entire cargo, which at the moment stands at 167 or so kt, and will sum to 320kt after an hour of mining.

I have attached four ion cannons to the Kirby, so with the crew quarters, it is a full-fledged fighting ship. Except we just need sensors and stealth and shielding.

Also Arch, can the Unity use its sensors to detect the location of the Kirby and an enemy ship, calculate the angles, so that the Kirby can fire on the enemy ship without sensors? It doesn't need to be that good, but just a makeshift provision for now.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Hmm okay. The Kirby hides on an asteroid till I get back then. To the AI, only command level personnel have authority to move it.

GUISE

3GxRJ.jpg

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Jen, i can build the Life support after i finish tinkering with jeremiahs brain tub.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

This seems like it would be a very interesting game to play... So I guess I will.

Player: wyvren2000

Name: Drake

Position: Science

Nationality: Swiss

Merit: 0

Energy Credits: 0

Inventory: Nothing

Skills: None

Technobabble Tokens: 10

1) A workmate tells you they are about to reverse the polarity of their toothbrush, what do you do?

Ask them what they are even trying to accomplish

2) You are given a chance to travel back in time, what do you do?

Turn it down, as my efforts to improve technology will fare far better without reducing the technology I can access

3) A ship decloaks off the starboard bow, what do you do?

Record the sensor data to see if it provides any information to help either match its abilites or aid in countering its ability if it is used against me again. No use in getting in the way of those in charge of the combat systems.

4) A race of aliens destroys your shields in a single shot and disables all your weapons and power systems, what do you do?

See 3, though also preparing for a possible emergency evacuation procedure.

5) There is a bomb onboard the ship. The only way to save the ship is to open an airlock which you and the bomb happen to be in, what do you do?

First I would check to see if the inner door to the airlock is not locked, and if it was locked I would attempt to override it. If I fail at that I would open the airlock, as I obviously have some method to survive outside the ship, or we are docked with something else. There is no other reason that I would be in the airlock as I am not in charge of the maintenance and have no other logical reason to be there. If by some highly unlikely circumstance I was locked in without a method of survival I would open the airlock... May as well go out a hero to improve my image as I am dead either way.

6) An alien has taken control of the bridge. A medical officer has prepared a deadly nerve gas to kill the alien, but your captain and three other officers are also on the bridge, what do you do?

Ask if it will actually work on the alien and if the bridge is actually airtight, as it would be a pointless waste of resources to ignore these obvious questions. If it would be effective, I would support immediate use as obviously negotiation has failed, and the alien is too dangerous to both the control systems and my life to allow a firefight to take place on the bridge.

7) While working one day you recieve a secret transmission from an unknown source, who claims to be working for the government. The person offers you 20,000,000 energy credits (Enough money to never have to care about anything ever again) to kill a fellow crewmember, what do you do?

Reject it unless they identified themselves, as I would have no reason to trust that payment would be received. If they proved their identity I would then judge the risks to myself before agreeing to a possible suicide mission.

8) You feel dizzy and lightheaded, what do you do?

if they are easily reached see the medical team, unless I had just seen them in which case I would look into their activities as soon as possible and stop following any instructions they had given me.

9) You are given the opportunity to open on Broadway, Play the Lead in a Hollywood Film, Take a flight through the Sun, Open a Military Training Academy or Bring about World Peace, which do you do?

I would refuse as none of this would aid in my research and are therefore just a obstruction to my actual goals.

10) There are two missiles. You have the ability to destroy one of them. Once is aimed at the Residential Sector and one is aimed at the Industrial Sector. Which missile do you destroy?

The industrial sector, as the Industrial sector will be more of an aid to my efforts into expanding technology, and the lives of those in the residential sector are insignificant to this benefit.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Jen, i can build the Life support after i finish tinkering with jeremiahs brain tub.

Already built. We need a crew quarters though.

Welcome to Space Wyvren! It seems chaotic, but we can do our best to help you start.

Woooo, Uber scientist!

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

And another person falls to the lure of this place...

Welcome, Wyvren, to the place where the weird and psychotic becomes semireality, the logical is disregarded for lols, and dwarves dig to hell on a regular basis.

Welcome.... to the TAVERN.

Enjoy your stay, however long or short it may be.

a70c7.png

Oh, and do you need some equipment Wyvern? I can grab you some gravity weapons, and a few guns... And i can give you control of a few drones.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I vote Wyvren as Captain!

Dusty is AWOL, Gavrill is a traitor, Jeremiah is a zombie, no-one lets me get near the AI protocols, and none of the rest of you can be trusted to wipe your nose without starting a fire in one of the bays. It's the logical choice.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

And me? The guy who actually fixes the mess you make of the ships?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I vote Wyvren as Captain!

Dusty is AWOL, Gavrill is a traitor, Jeremiah is a zombie, no-one lets me get near the AI protocols, and none of the rest of you can be trusted to wipe your nose without starting a fire in one of the bays. It's the logical choice.

Excuse me? Jen's the one who started the fire.

And I haven't started any bay fires at all yet. Neither has... well... the majority of the crew....

Now simfires and smugglerasteroidbase fires I can be (or may end up being) held accountable for. But that's because they weren't situations where that stuff really mattered.

a70c7.png

Eh, good point, but you confuse people and lack the ridiculous mind necessary to make this ship run smoothly.

EDIT: Jen set the Science Bay on fire. Then you set the Med bay on fire dealing with intruders. Then Jen set the Med bay on fire again, along with most of the rest of the ship. ECHO injects people with random syringes of questionable cleanliness. Chi threatened to shoot us out the airlocks. Grim... not sure what he does most of the time. But you get my point.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Eh, good point, but you confuse people and lack the ridiculous mind necessary to make this ship run smoothly.

Yeah... as far as you know.

But, knowing me, I'd probably end up sending the ship to Hell, have everyone beat demons to death with daisies, then come back with their skulls as proof.

a70c7.png