F2P Melee is overpowered

Rapono

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that when you have to train 3 stats to become beast with melee, you probably deserve it's overpoweredness.

Actually its 2 stats, people need to get there head out of there ass and realize that defence applies to all combat styles.

And in f2p, melee is both trained faster, trained cheaper, and more easily AFK trained than ranged and mage.

O.O

Melee isn't overpowered in the popular style of fighting - no armor.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I think that when you have to train 3 stats to become beast with melee, you probably deserve it's overpoweredness.

Actually its 2 stats, people need to get there head out of there ass and realize that defence applies to all combat styles.

And in f2p, melee is both trained faster, trained cheaper, and more easily AFK trained than ranged and mage.

If defence applies to all then it would apply to melee, so you have to train 3 stats to become a beast with melee, as opposed to the 2 you need to become a beast with range or mage.

I still have to use my melee stats for ko's and increasing them in order to actually be able to ko means I would be much higher leveled in terms of cb

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

F2p mage is pretty underpowered regardless.

Ranged, if anything, is more powerful WITH armor, because of high accuracy involved with 99 ranged, as opposed to say 50 attack and 99 strength. So one of the main perks with ranged goes out the window when armor is removed.

O.O

well just lost another close game due to this bug/glitch.

2. go train your attack and strength if it is so powerful

and be like all the 1000's of immature 12 yr olds with max melee? no thanks, i'll stick with my most favorite and fun skill.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

and be like all the 1000's of immature 12 yr olds with max melee? no thanks, i'll stick with my most favorite and fun skill.

Having maxed ranged and maxed melee are not mutually exclusive. Once you get melees up, you can still use your ranged :unsure:

OP seems weird with saying range can't hit well on F2P at FOG..

While hunting, Using addy arrows is the best,especially when you have a high ranged level, turn on your 15% since prayer is restored for both hunted and hunters.

It hits relatively hard with 80+ range, not to mention 99. The main thing is about accurate hits anyway.

Bleh, up to you, rating is nothing if you are beating much weaker ones with stats, not skills.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

Seems about right you already have the immature thing down, you just need max melee now!

Seriously if you think f2p melee is op just wait until you get p2p(if you get it).

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

While hunting, Using addy arrows is the best,especially when you have a high ranged level, turn on your 15% since prayer is restored for both hunted and hunters.

It hits relatively hard with 80+ range, not to mention 99. The main thing is about accurate hits anyway.

yup i allready do that. i watched many times where it only hits single digits alot anything 70+ is rare.

when both players use the same defense. (tanking + prayer, and rushing to the middle), and the only difference is the attacking style the hunter uses. the melee guy will always beat the range guy within like 100 points. now that is a problem if the melee guy is only 75/75.

it doesnt really make sense to argue that the hunted persons stats get reduced, because the other guys stats are also reduced when it his turn to tank. so the effects cancels each other out.

@red_fat: that was not nessacary, i have been p2p for about 3 years now. thanks.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

For all you mems which think it is fine the way it is look at this

Mage reasons for underpower

Lowest max hit+slowest at hitting

The armour sucks, why isnt there a blue mage skirt?

Bind is only 5 seconds which is 2 hits with a high chance of it not even working, which is really only 2 seconds

The 15% strength prayer is level 31 yet the mage one is in like 45

Range reasons for underpower

No range potion, like they have in strength

Again the prayer is like 44 for 15% range increase yet strength is 31 thats like 2 combat lvls difference

Suggestions

Range gets the yew bow, p2p never use it so why not?

Mage gets a new armour

Mage gets snare

Mage gets a new spell which max hit is 20

SUPER.gif

melee is over powered.

full stop.

mage is under powered.

fullstop.

yes, sometimes melee will fail or mage rule. but over all, and in the major things. melee is too strong and mage too weak.

i think jagex should simply totaly reset the stats and armour of most items in rs and shut down dangours pvp for a week after (time for people to get used to it).

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

That is absurd. Your stubborn refusal to train skills is exactly why you keep dying. It's kind of ironic that you are (probably) older than them and you are actually more "immature" than they are. In your belief that by choosing to suck, and hence blaming the game, you are therefore more mature than they are. :rolleyes:

It's not even that I don't want a balanced triangle, but since Jagex hasn't done anything about it, I have no choice but to adapt. You can either train your melee stats and do better, or you can continue to die by your illogical reasoning.

That is absurd. Your stubborn refusal to train skills is exactly why you keep dying. It's kind of ironic that you are (probably) older than them and you are actually more "immature" than they are. In your belief that by choosing to suck, and hence blaming the game, you are therefore more mature than they are. :rolleyes:

It's not even that

heck i dont train skills cause i dont want to, i dont train skills that i find dull and boring (AKA Melee, "dung", and farming). why would i waste time on something that i dont enjoy doing? and also, how does that make me in immature one? :wall:

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg