Happy Halloween

Icuownage

@ the grumpy bum who doesn't give out lollies. If they were your children, bet the tables would turn pretty quickly. They're just little kids, no need to be an arsehole. If you don't believe in it, tell them nicely that you don't but wish them a great night, not hard.

Yes, because it's our obligation to other people's children to go out of our way and comply with social norms we see no point in. I smell a hint of ageism here.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it sounds like something truly grotesque could occur.

To be honest, it seem silly some use the "oh noes satan and the occult" excuse to prevent their children from celebrating Halloween. It seems like total bull.

Also, Happy Halloween.

A better reason would be that you don't want your kid around a few pounds of candy for the next few days/weeks/months :razz:

Don't parents confiscate the candy from the child and restrict to how much of the pile they can eat a day so they don't go into sugar-coated, caffeinated overdrive to last all night and the day after? :P

Doing nothing again this year.

Eh, I'll just snack from the bowl my mother is handing out.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I was a Jehova's Witness in school, wore nice clothes, combed hair, and carried a Bible in one hand and one of their pamphlets in another, going door to door, bathroom stall to bathroom stall saving souls.

Probably won't go out and do it because it's friggin' cold.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I was a Jehova's Witness in school, wore nice clothes, combed hair, and carried a Bible in one hand and one of their pamphlets in another, going door to door, bathroom stall to bathroom stall saving souls.

I wonder how many took your outfit seriously. I almost believed it until I saw the second sentence.

How cold will it be for you tonight? 40 or under?

I wonder how many took your outfit seriously. I almost believed it until I saw the second sentence.

At the bold, what do you mean?

And yeah, it's probably around that, between there and 50, closer to 40.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Waldo costume this year. I had to listen to lame "found him!" jokes wherever I went. Oh well, I sort of brought it on myself :lol:.

At the bold, what do you mean?

And yeah, it's probably around that, between there and 50, closer to 40.

Meant to say how many thought you were seriously a member of Jehovah's Witnesses and not just wearing a costume. :P

Waldo costume this year. I had to listen to lame "found him!" jokes wherever I went. Oh well, I sort of brought it on myself :lol:.

I was going to say, what were you expecting?

@Armor

The good stuff, my mom is being "That lady" this Halloween.

Resse's, milky way bars, snickers, etc.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Decided to do something with my shoulder length hair and went as Snape, dressed up for a party and for judging a debate tourney but not planning on doing anything tonight.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

lol zierro of course do what you wish, if you want to be known as that "arse" be my guest. Hope you get egged :D Personally, I don't think kids deserve to be treated that way. Nobody has to give them anything, a polite no is justifiable.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

How is choosing not to celebrate a Holiday being an arse? I can see if you're sitting on your porch with a shotgun and some moonshine, hollering at anyone who approaches the vicinity, but I don't think adults should be obligated to celebrate. It makes it that much more special and heartwarming when someone does go out of their way to think of the kids, rather than if it was just an embedded norm that plenty of parents herd into while masking the frowns on their faces. Personally, I think there are better ways to show your gratitude to our future's youth which don't involve encouraging them asking strangers for candy and getting cavities. I will choose to be a grumpy ghoul on this day, but my compassion will be revealed come December.

It's a school night, so I'm not doing anything at all. Already had my fun on Friday (kinda; it wasn't actually a whole lot of fun).

I think if you don't want to hand out candy, put a sign on your door (or just leave the house). As a kid, I never thought bad of anyone who didn't answer their door/give me candy.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Err? Nobody is saying you have to. I also don't believe in Halloween, I think it is a pedos dream come true and also don't believe in encouraging my kids to ask for candy from strangers. I'm just saying a polite no thanks is a good way to deal with it, no need to be a grumpy shit about it though.

On the funny side, my partners friends forgot it was Halloween and felt bad that they had nothing to give the kids so they gave the boys a can of baked beans each and the girls a box of cake mix hahaha......

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

holy crap lol good one. The only aussie thing I can make out is crunch and skittles oops and kit kat :P

@ duff... it wouldn't surprise me if they were being sexist they are those kinda people. Sometimes he posts these jokes on facebook and I wonder how he can walk out his front door in the morning without being flogged with a 3 ply :mrgreen:

igoddessIsig.png

Have to excuse my dodgy eye sight didn't see milky ways in the brown packaging, i think they are still in blue packaging here and m&m's wow I missed a lot....snickers? and they taste pretty dodgy :thumbdown: milky ways that is.

igoddessIsig.png

I'm just saying a polite no thanks is a good way to deal with it, no need to be a grumpy shit about it though.

No need to be a grumpy shit towards people who merely don't want to be bothered by it either... is my point.