Happy Halloween

Icuownage

Free candy does sound nice, but Trick-or-Treating is against my code of conduct. I think it's just for kids. I remember the time when I was twelve and my parents dragged me along because they didn't want me at the house by myself on Halloween.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Halloween is coming up, and I hate it. But I might actually have fun this year because me and my roommate are dressing up as... PILGRIMS! And we decided our third friend is going to be Sacajawea, just because it's funny.

Costume hunting begins on Friday since I'm way to busy to do it any time before then.

How about everyone else?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I never once celebrated Halloween as a child, because of the fact there isn't many neighbors.

Yeah, my childhood sucked. Since I am 18, I would likely be seen as strange if I wore a costume on Halloween and not attend any party (if I was able to drive). <_<

It sucked how people stopped doing the costumes by Sophomore year in high school here. It was awesome to see people doing it up to middle school years (and there were even contests). Nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me if nobody was doing costumes on Halloween at my old school.

We never give out candy. :-w

Normally the kids in the old neighborhood didn't bother us much after we shut our lights and put a "no candy" sign. This year around, I live very close to a middle school. I hope kids aren't so anal for their candy around here.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

We never give out candy. :-w

Normally the kids in the old neighborhood didn't bother us much after we shut our lights and put a "no candy" sign. This year around, I live very close to a middle school. I hope kids aren't so anal for their candy around here.

...might I make a suggestion on how to defend your house from vandals?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

First Halloween at college. I'm probably not doing anything. My girlfriend has a thing about wearing costumes though, so she most likely will drag me to something. It'll be fun. Maybe I'll get drunk.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I went to a (very) small high school, and we never stopped dressing up. In fact, the grade 12's we're in charge of the schools haunted house. We did a damn good job of it to. We ended up doing an extra run through for teachers because everyone was saying how awesome it was (and considering we finished building it about 20 seconds before the first run, I think we did way beyond an epic job). We had everything lol. Making people crawl through a narrowing hall until they were on their hands and knees, then they came out by some straw dummies (6 of them, and 3 of them we're real people). I was dressed up in a cloak, a shiny robe meant to look like armour, with a Roman breastplate and full face helmet further down the hall (I would also pretend to be a dummie and just stand up when people approached. Scared the shit out of at least one person doing it too). My job was to steer the group into a side room where the lights would go out and about 8 people would roll out from under benches and attack them. Then I sent them upstairs where a dummie would fly down from the ceiling at them. Up stairs was just a whole bunch of stuff meant to gross people out (I don't remember it well, since I only saw that part once in the whole day). And holy crap was it ever a pain to crawl under that freaking desk with a breast plate on (I had it on all day because you kinda have to jam the back and front together, and once its strapped on the person wearing it can't actually reach all the straps. I didn't trust anyone to be able to get me back into the thing).

Now that I am in Uni, Halloween is just going to a party in a cool costume. Then again, its been that ever since I was too old to trick or treat (I would have stopped when I was 13 I think).

I had a friend growing up who was never allowed to trick or treat because Halloween was the devils holiday or something. He got a shit load of candy and went bowling instead, but I think he only ever got to go trick or treating once or twice.

There will be no staying home to give out candy, not where I live. The place I live in is much to close to the University for anyone to be crazy enough to trick or treat here.

So, Halloween is coming up, and I hate it. But I might actually have fun this year because me and my roommate are dressing up as... PILGRIMS! And we decided our third friend is going to be Sacajawea, just because it's funny.

Costume hunting begins on Friday since I'm way to busy to do it any time before then.

How about everyone else?

That makes no sense. Sacajawea wasn't around during the time of the Pilgrims. You two should be Lewis & Clark if you want Sacajawea, or you could make the 3rd friend be Squanto.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I live in Brissy, Australia. We don't really celebrate halloween here. I do buy wrapped chocolate and candy though to give out because I'm a sucker for the little kiddies who ask for them, I can't say no lol Usually one bag of choccies and one bag of candy (to open and give out, not each), sometimes we get no trick or treaters, sometimes the odd one or two... The shops make a huge deal out of it but seriously... QLD isn't too big on it.

People will probably flame me for saying this but I don't really like it. I don't encourage children to go around to strangers houses to ask for candy and what not. Halloween would be a pedophiles dream come true and favourite time of the year. If not accompanied by a parent, it's so easy for kids to go missing. That and you don't know what you're eating. It might be wrapped but any sicko can rewrap things or inject crap in it. Or give out things past their use by date and make people sick. Chances are probably ridiculously slim but still...

In saying that, it is pretty cool how people dress their houses up and have a lot of fun. Go for it... It's just not my thing.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

My parents stopped allowing me to participate when I was 12 years old, as around that time is when they found Jesus. It's my favorite holiday of the year, and I can't celebrate it this year because my parents are going out of town for the weekend; I have to watch my sister. Ugh, foiled by them again. Looks like I'll be spending it at home this year. At least I went to a Zombie Apocalypse birthday party last weekend...

[hide]308718_10150342203239724_504979723_8146582_2083594142_n.jpg[/hide]

How about everyone else?

That makes no sense. Sacajawea wasn't around during the time of the Pilgrims. You two should be Lewis & Clark if you want Sacajawea, or you could make the 3rd friend be Squanto.

That's the point, dude. We're being jackasses.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

My parents stopped allowing me to participate when I was 12 years old, as around that time is when they found Jesus. It's my favorite holiday of the year, and I can't celebrate it this year because my parents are going out of town for the weekend; I have to watch my sister. Ugh, foiled by them again. Looks like I'll be spending it at home this year. At least I went to a Zombie Apocalypse birthday party last weekend...

They found Jesus?

wat

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

They found Jesus?

wat

Well initially they told me that we had to worry about terrorism and anthrax. They said terrorism at the time, or something about 9/11. It was only when I was older that I thought, "Well maybe they were referring to the anthrax attacks?" So I guess I was 13 at the time rather than 12. Anyway, this was the story I believed until later I got into an argument with my mom over allowing me to go with my friends around the neighborhood at the age of 16. Halloween to them is a holiday of the occult and Satan. I think this is the real reason why they wouldn't allow me to participate, as the events of 9/11 occurred right around the time they joined their cult known as Calvary Chapel. Ok, it's not a "cult," but some cult experts have stated that it has cult-like tendencies. Rather than celebrating Halloween, the church has "Harvest Parties".

It's not that big a deal here. Younger kids will get dressed up and go trick or treating, anyone older uses it as an excuse to get drunk while wearing fancy dress. Don't think I'll be doing anything for it this year.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I refuse to buy sweets for noisy infants I've never met. Can't see the point.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

My parents are hardcore Catholics and they never had any objection to Halloween stuff, either handing out candy, or letting us go out.

I don't feel much need to celebrate it now though, but I'd still give out candy if I had my own house.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

My little 3 year old was very excited tonight, our door got knocked on about 5 times with parents and their kiddies dressed up. He got the job of giving them candy and chocolates and wishing them a good night. He sat by the door and wouldn't move until more turned up and he would start shouting "they're here they're here!" lmao think he had a good time.

@ the grumpy bum who doesn't give out lollies. If they were your children, bet the tables would turn pretty quickly. They're just little kids, no need to be an arsehole. If you don't believe in it, tell them nicely that you don't but wish them a great night, not hard.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Why does a harvest party sound infinitely scarier than Halloween?

Because it sounds like something truly grotesque could occur.

To be honest, it seem silly some use the "oh noes satan and the occult" excuse to prevent their children from celebrating Halloween. It seems like total bull.

Also, Happy Halloween.

Because it sounds like something truly grotesque could occur.

To be honest, it seem silly some use the "oh noes satan and the occult" excuse to prevent their children from celebrating Halloween. It seems like total bull.

Also, Happy Halloween.

A better reason would be that you don't want your kid around a few pounds of candy for the next few days/weeks/months :razz: