p90x

whereispluto

Weightlifting burns more calories than just straight up running. Sprinting also burns more calories than distance running.

Anyway, on the subject... I've heard it works really well. I'll be getting my copy this week from a friend. :D

Sprinting also burns more calories than distance running.

What?!

http://forum.tip.it/topic/266190-diet-questions/page__st__20

To op: I don't know much about P90x and that stuff, but isn't a HUGE part of it adhering to their strict diet? I guess if you do everything they say to the T, then you'll be good. Why don't you want to go to the gym though?

yes.png

P90X doesn't necessarily have a strict diet. It has a diet plan where you calculate how many calories you should intake every day, and then they have a list of how many servings of proteins, carbs, fats, etc you should be taking in a day, and a list of food (and how much a serving size is) that you can eat. But yes, a diet is a crucial part to it. The actual system is pretty good, if you can stick with it. I have it, I enjoyed it, and it worked for a while (only did it for a month, then school, work, and social life caught up with me and I didn't have the time). Each video is about an hour long (yoga is a little over an hour and a half, the ab ripper is only about half an hour, but for the most part, expect them to be an hour), and you can basically do everything with a set of resistance bands.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I know a bunch of people who've tried it and all have failed. I would just say stick to a healthy diet that fits you that you can live with for years to come and work in a minimum of 3 x 30 minute workouts a week. That all you really need to do to stay health and maintain a decent weight. Also results don't happen instantly so don't get upset if you don't see any physical changes overnight.

tFtfA.jpg

Weightlifting burns more calories than just straight up running. Sprinting also burns more calories than distance running.

Anyway, on the subject... I've heard it works really well. I'll be getting my copy this week from a friend. :D

yeah maybe sprinting a 400 versus jogging an 800. anaerobic activity quells in comparison to aerobic activity in terms of pure calorie burning mainly because it encourages sweating and an elevated heart rate. I'd bet money that i burn more calories running a 9 mile day than you could, on average, if you spent 4-5 hours lifting. the constant high heart rate and fluid loss on the open road is unparalleled. if you are actually getting this information from a reliable source, could you post it? i feel as if it would be an interesting read.

on topic: i do ab ripper 3 days a week. it will usually leave my abs feeling sore the next day. in 16 minutes (the shortest workout video, btw) it works the abs in almost every possible way. some of the movements are unnecessary to my fitness, being a runner. but after about 6 ab rippers you will see a lot more tone and 'cuts' in your abdominal area. your top two abs will show results very fast but the obliques and bottom abs take a long time to come in.

i did it 3 days a week late june- early september, i had a rocking six pack by the time my season started. then i didnt have time so i went to 2 days a week, then i stopped completely for the last month of my season. Since i'm a really weak runner, my abs were seriously the only thing helping me power up hills and stabilize myself on uneven terrain. once i stopped working them i lost definition pretty fast and my performance showed that. now i've been doing it 3 days a week for the past 3 weeks and my abs are back.

edit: i didn't follow the diet plan whatsoever. i eat pretty healthy in american terms but i'm probably consuming 2500-3000 c a day.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• 2 months later...

I have P90X and I love it!! Tony Horton really knows how to keep you motivated and YES you will see results.. It's what you put into it, if you do the workouts everyday, watch your diet and drink your supplements... You will see results...

I am now thinking about buying Insanity which is also a beachbody workout. Most my friends are doing P90X and I have to say I have yet to see anyone fail from doing it.

Not only are the workouts fun, but Tony Horton is adorable to watch! <3:

Good Luck and BRING IT!

I also recommend cardio I try to run at least a 5k 3 times a week. Something about running that just makes me feel so alive.

queenvalerie.png

yeah maybe sprinting a 400 versus jogging an 800. anaerobic activity quells in comparison to aerobic activity in terms of pure calorie burning mainly because it encourages sweating and an elevated heart rate. I'd bet money that i burn more calories running a 9 mile day than you could, on average, if you spent 4-5 hours lifting. the constant high heart rate and fluid loss on the open road is unparalleled. if you are actually getting this information from a reliable source, could you post it? i feel as if it would be an interesting read.

on topic: i do ab ripper 3 days a week. it will usually leave my abs feeling sore the next day. in 16 minutes (the shortest workout video, btw) it works the abs in almost every possible way. some of the movements are unnecessary to my fitness, being a runner. but after about 6 ab rippers you will see a lot more tone and 'cuts' in your abdominal area. your top two abs will show results very fast but the obliques and bottom abs take a long time to come in.

i did it 3 days a week late june- early september, i had a rocking six pack by the time my season started. then i didnt have time so i went to 2 days a week, then i stopped completely for the last month of my season. Since i'm a really weak runner, my abs were seriously the only thing helping me power up hills and stabilize myself on uneven terrain. once i stopped working them i lost definition pretty fast and my performance showed that. now i've been doing it 3 days a week for the past 3 weeks and my abs are back.

edit: i didn't follow the diet plan whatsoever. i eat pretty healthy in american terms but i'm probably consuming 2500-3000 c a day.

You've clearly never done heavy squats, power cleans or deadlifts.

jjroxlu7.jpg

You've clearly never done heavy squats, power cleans or deadlifts.

nope, he's right. cardio burns more calories than weightlifting

The way he said it makes it sound like lifting weights doesn't even make you sweat.

Also if you really want to burn calories, go push a prowler for awhile.

jjroxlu7.jpg