gremmy

What happened to this community?

Another thing wrong with this community is people who use their intellectual powers for evil.

Another thing wrong with this community is people who use their intellectual powers for evil.

>implying that there is such thing as evil

Prime example of my point. Moral nihilists see no problem with raping and mutilating an innocent person, because morality has no intrinsic value, therefore making it no different than giving her a pat on the back and a compliment. Why do they do it? Because they believe themselves to be so intelligent that they are above morality.

The funny thing is how my enemy feels the need to point out "inherent pointlessness".

4.) LOL @ Medoxy. "negative"...what a joke. Anyone who ever disagrees with how someone "Wants to play the game" Is a [email protected]@@@@@@

Troll? Way to trivialize the issue. I would go as far as saying that select few are legitimate sadists.

Prime example of my point. Moral nihilists see no problem with raping and mutilating an innocent person, because morality has no intrinsic value, therefore making it no different than giving her a pat on the back and a compliment. Why do they do it? Because they believe themselves to be so intelligent that they are above morality.

The funny thing is how my enemy feels the need to point out "inherent pointlessness".

so moral nihilists are rapists? stop being so hyperbolic. i think you seriously misunderstand moral nihilism if you think it's anything about being above morality.

your enemy..? weren't you complaining about the polarization of these forums like a page ago? and there's a difference between having a psychological compulsion to post and a desire to post.

edit: gonna go a bit off topic with the whole moral nihilist rapes an innocent person (which is funny that you should include "innocent", because that suggests that the converse, that is to rape a non-innocent person, would not be offensive to you). moral nihilists do not say "there is nothing wrong with raping an innocent person". they say, "there is nothing INERENTLY moral, one way or the other, with raping an innocent person". obviously they do see a problem with it, here are just a few:

social stigma of being a rapist

loss of freedom (imprisonment)

loss of potential dollars earned (because you were imprisoned)

harder to get a job

There's really no accident here; TIF has been completely flooded by clowns who consider "condescending, elitist, mean" as characteristic qualities of intelligence, and "supportive, gregarious, pleasant" as the traits of the weak and the stupid.

The trolls on this board are COMPLETELY UNCHECKED, and toe the line that separates berating the community or just being a general pest from technically breaking the rules.

Until these people are finally just removed once and for all (and it is no secret to anyone in moderation, administration, etc. who they are), the board will continue to trend towards being a more vile and generally caustic environment.

This was very well put. I agree whole-heartedly with stormveritas's stance here. Although if looked at from a deeper, more psychological point of view (mostly talking to the older folks on the forum), the qualities mentioned "condescending attitudes, arrogant elitist, mean," in which these pseudo-intellectuals -trolls- hold so close to heart, are obvious internet facades.

I can understand not being a flower-child, tree-hugging bubble-blower with the naive thought process that everything is inherently good; But from what I've seen on every forum I attend recently (not ust RuneScape related), the maturity levels are dropping very rapidly. This is substantiated in-game, as well. Again, not just RuneScape.

It's my thought that it's not so much people are becomming more immature, it's that the more immature people -children mostly- are becomming more abundant.

I agree that something should be done. Possibly harsher penalties for stepping out of line.

so moral nihilists are rapists? stop being so hyperbolic. i think you seriously misunderstand moral nihilism if you think it's anything about being above morality.

your enemy..? weren't you complaining about the polarization of these forums like a page ago? and there's a difference between having a psychological compulsion to post and a desire to post.

edit: gonna go a bit off topic with the whole moral nihilist rapes an innocent person (which is funny that you should include "innocent", because that suggests that the converse, that is to rape a non-innocent person, would not be offensive to you). moral nihilists do not say "there is nothing wrong with raping an innocent person". they say, "there is nothing INERENTLY moral, one way or the other, with raping an innocent person". obviously they do see a problem with it, here are just a few:

social stigma of being a rapist

loss of freedom (imprisonment)

loss of potential dollars earned (because you were imprisoned)

harder to get a job

I never said moral nihilists are rapists, but some rapists are moral nihilists. {Strawman #1} Also, moral nihilism is about being "above" morality just as much as atheism is being "above" god. They do not believe the concepts. They do not think it is applicable to their life. They act with the concepts completely void from their minds.

I never complained about the polarization of these forums on the last page. {Strawman #2} If anything polarization is healthy, because we can't have weeds in a garden that's meant to be beautiful. Also, desire is a psychological compulsion.

I never implied that raping a non-innocent person would not be offensive to me. {Strawman #3} If I were to say "it is wrong to kill an old cat" does that denote that I think it's okay to kill a new dog?

You reiterated my point on how moral nihilists feel: Raping and mutilating a girl is no different than giving her a pat on the back and a compliment, because morality has no intrinsic value. You are also being pedantic by saying rapists do see a problem with rape because it makes it harder for them to get a job. Obviously I was speaking on a moral level. Even I give my enemies the benefit of the doubt in a logical debate.

Jesus, have you ever even watched Pulp Fiction?

LOL. i wouldn't say either camp is evil.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Hasn't this question been asked like 100 times now? I swear I see one of these atleast 3 times per year, about the Runescape community that is, not including my clan, Tip.it and other games I play.

I usually just think...Meh, with time comes changes, some are bad (like the Runescape on Miniclip era) and some are great.... Runescpae not on Miniclip anymore?

His post was 2 deep 4 u guys, read his signature jeez. :mellow:

By the way, I made a suggestion to change the rate this and blogscape sub-forums. I think it would be beneficial to improving the community since a lot of tifers use blogscape to socialize as well as rate this to show off achievements. If you have any suggestions or feedback check it out.

Low_C.png

I think the biggest problem with the community is expectations.

People expect you to have gotten multiple 99s.

People expect you to have train one skill at a time.

People expect you to have a 50m+ Bank.

This is the current community

"How long does 99 Firemaking take?

"Where can I make fast cash?"

"What should I merch?"

" Why don't you hunt chinchompas instead?"

"lol noob ur not 99str?"

"I got 99 woodcutting in 1 week"

Them: Hi, nice cape.

You: Thx

Them: Add me?

Also people nowadays put way to much time into RS. I'd say the average player above 2.1k total that still plays puts in an average of 6+ hrs 6 days a week.

So nothing is really an achievement when literally every single cape except for 120DG can be obtained in a month. Although 120DG can be obtained in like a month and a half.

The only person who will recognize your achievement is you or someone who is striving for the same thing or has gotten the same thing.

Example would be:

Player A.) Has 99 Slayer

Player B.) Has no ambition for 99 Slayer.

Player A.) Wears Slayer Cape.

Player B.) lol slayer can get be gotten in like a month or lol no life 99 slayer go outside

or

Player A.) Has 99 Slayer

Player B.) Wants 99 Slayer

Player A.) Wears cape.

Player B.) Wow dude nice cape, blah blah blah 2 mins later add me?

Player A.) Likes the feeling of respect and continues grinding at RS.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

i basically agree with everything you said assassin, except these two things:

Also people nowadays put way to much time into RS. I'd say the average player above 2.1k total that still plays puts in an average of 6+ hrs 6 days a week.

[citation needed]. do you realize this game is nearly 10 years old and that getting 2100 total in 10 years requires far less than 36 hours a week?

The only person who will recognize your achievement is you or someone who is striving for the same thing or has gotten the same thing.

if you expect others to recognize your personal achievements in a game, then you're doing it wrong.

i basically agree with everything you said assassin, except these two things:

[citation needed]. do you realize this game is nearly 10 years old and that getting 2100 total in 10 years requires far less than 36 hours a week?

if you expect others to recognize your personal achievements in a game, then you're doing it wrong.

Well most people above 2.1k total probably haven't been playing for 10 years. I'm roughly 2k total and have achieved that within 5 years, also considering half of my overall XP is on the XP counter, meaning I've mostly been active for 1 year.

I agree you with you that you shouldn't play RS by how you think others will think of you, which is why I find efficiency not a major part of RS. I understand that being efficient is a good thing, because it would be idiotic to burn oak logs to 99 Firemaking when willows are more XP and cheaper. The problem is that most people boast about how efficient they're and how they maxed combat in under 1 month. It's annoying when people say "o 99 cooking is easy because I was able to do it in a single week."

Its kinda hard to think of the old community though, I think the people with the best insights are those who started playing around 20 or so and are still playing, because I'm sure their maturity level hasn't drastically changed. I'm 19 now and I'm sure back when I was 14 my maturity level was a lot different. In fact when were speaking about how the community is getting worse its odd that no-one brings up the fact that b4 trade limit there was tons and tons of scammers. I.E. Trust game or the stand on opp side of bank and say selling tile 1m and have friend saying buying tile 4m.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101