What happened to this community?

gremmy

WAIT, so, you got pissed off, and instead of acting mature, and trying to help anyway (Since people will always get on your nerves at some time in life) you were an ass, and you are SURPRISED?

hmm

Its a game.

If you disrespect me in a game, call me a bot, call me all kinds of names because I didn't do EXACTLY what you wanted, then I am going to F with you.

Let there be no doubt, that I can be the biggest ass in runescape.

Its a matter of personal pride of course.

Nothing you elistists can't understand...

What differentiates you from us then?

Most of the people you call "efficiency clowns" really don't care THAT much for efficiency. Moreover, what you have against us isn't the fact that we're "efficient" - if that's your actual annoyance, then that's pretty unfounded and unreasonable. If you think "efficiency" is a sin, I seriously wonder what you do in real life because almost all business is based off of efficency.

What you have against us is that 1) we flame you and 2) we can act arrogant

You do the same to us

It's really pretty silly.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAIT, so, you got pissed off, and instead of acting mature, and trying to help anyway (Since people will always get on your nerves at some time in life) you were an ass, and you are SURPRISED?

hmm

Its a game.

If you disrespect me in a game, call me a bot, call me all kinds of names because I didn't do EXACTLY what you wanted, then I am going to F with you.

Most of the people you call "efficiency clowns" really don't care THAT much for efficiency. Moreover, what you have against us isn't the fact that we're "efficient" - if that's your actual annoyance, then that's pretty unfounded and unreasonable. If you think "efficiency" is a sin, I seriously wonder what you do in real life because almost all business is based off of efficency.

You do the same to us

I believe its more the "I'm efficient and need every breathing soul to know this" part that irritates most people.

hmm

Its a game.

You do the same to us

I believe its more the "I'm efficient and need every breathing soul to know this" part that irritates most people.

Most of the people you call "efficiency clowns" really don't care THAT much for efficiency.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Irritating, but why is that a problem?

The "problem" that I think most people are referring to is that there's a lot of serial flaming. Which is mostly just between small groups of people who are angry at each other.

Whether or not the general public doesn't like a small group of people is inconsequential. It should be a nonissue.

I can understand why the serial flaming may be seen as a problem but I don't really think there's anything the mods can do without banning people. Which is silly.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

There is a reason why Tip.it doesn't have "Honoured Member" ranks or doesn't have "Member of the Month" contests or forums that require x post count in order to post. We have always prided ourselves on being as inviting and welcoming as possible to new users. We don't want to have unnecessary restrictions, whether it be in the form of a public private board or something else. If such a board exists, then that would likely become the place where almost all discussion is held. And if new users can't get in (because they're new), what motivation is there for new users to join if they can't even participate in the best discussions?

That should be obvious...to be able to access it in the future. There is a reason the best clans don't let in just anyone.

Haven't been keeping up too much with this thread, just read this page and your post caught my eye.

Really sounds like this game I know, where you grind a lot but in the end you usually get some nifty abilities. And it seems that that particular game changes peoples' ways of thinking after they've ground quite a bit.

_

In a sense, having to "grind" to get to the good forums could be a good thing. Taking from what I said above, it pretty much insures that only higher leveled players, whom naturally have more to discuss, would join.

... Well, not really a good thing to me personally, but as a pro to your hypothetical suggestion anyway.

@Original post:

There were some really [cabbage]ty members when I joined, and there are some really [cabbage]ty members now, although as I've noticed more and more, the way those particular people act can vary greatly, to where their behavior would warrant kicking in some places and merit in others. In some cases, these people just barely skim "the line" between full-out rulebreaking and what can "technically" be considered "opinion" or "argument", but they proceed this way quite often, to the point that it's rather obvious and also pathetic that just because they're technically within the bounds of the rules means that they can act the ways that they do...

Stupid rules. The only rule should be "Don't be an [wagon]."... There's a pretty obvious difference between sincerity and assholism.

Actually I would also like to add that people simply get bitter the more they play. Per your specific examples, someone near those levels is far more likely to empathize and congratulate those people, while someone of a far higher level is likely to think that those players haven't had to suffer (in a manner of speaking) through what they did and don't deserve praise.

2dgucz6.png

hmm

Its a game.

Wait, isn't this topic about nice people, not non-elitist people? I challenge anyone to say that this person right here is a nice guy and a wealthy sight to the community. Anyone?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

"Opinions are like a-holes... Everyone has one, and everyone things that everyone else's stinks..." Awesome movie quote from The Dead Pool...

I'll add: "and occasionally they are full of [cabbage]" ;)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

To follow up on tripsis

A public private forum is a horrible idea for the boards in my view, a breeding ground for corruption and a flagrant way for people to rub elitism in others faces, we're all equal. I see No Limits to the douchebaggery (thats my made up word of the day) - that would occur in a public private board for the "best of the best" - people would think they are better than the others and look down on good members not in for whatever stupid reason critically, I've seen it done on other forums non-runescape related and being in both sides - never saw it work flawlessly. Just more resentment and a divided community.

I'm against the idea - we need to come together in general as a community, not divide ourselves because we are assclowns who don't agree with each other and hate those who don't play like us.

I couldn't bear to see our community be a divided elitist vs regular guy forum :(

emot-smithicide.gif Hnnggg.....

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

There is a reason why Tip.it doesn't have "Honoured Member" ranks or doesn't have "Member of the Month" contests or forums that require x post count in order to post. We have always prided ourselves on being as inviting and welcoming as possible to new users. We don't want to have unnecessary restrictions, whether it be in the form of a public private board or something else. If such a board exists, then that would likely become the place where almost all discussion is held. And if new users can't get in (because they're new), what motivation is there for new users to join if they can't even participate in the best discussions?

That should be obvious...to be able to access it in the future. There is a reason the best clans don't let in just anyone.

Comparing a clan to a public fansite generally doesn't work, As a guy with a near decade in fans, i'd be happy to argue why if you really want to go there.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Comparing a clan to a public fansite generally doesn't work, As a guy with a near decade in fans, i'd be happy to argue why if you really want to go there.

I'd have one major selling point for my argument, I never defined what type of clan, whether skiller, pvm, pvp, dg, etc, and there are numerous subsections of each. However, that is rather off topic. I'd be willing to discuss it on skype if you'd like though, it would be rather interesting :shades: PM me if interested.

I wasn't talking about only letting in the "best" scapers, but rather in some type of "probationary" period, in which a person has to be an active poster, actually adding to the community. It would filter out people who create accounts just to troll, etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

hmm

Its a game.

I actually love how you put "you elistists" in the bottom on of your post, yet you have 99 in every stat excluding RC (at 98) and DG (at 96.) Seems a tad inconsistent.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

hmm

Its a game.

I actually love how you put "you elistists" in the bottom on of your post, yet you have 99 in every stat excluding RC (at 98) and DG (at 96.) Seems a tad inconsistent.

I mean, hey, his methods obviously work for him, so we can't judge.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

hmm

Its a game.

He doesn't think everyone else is inferior though, which is what an elitist is about.

Staurolite.png

hmm

Its a game.

He doesn't think everyone else is inferior though, which is what an elitist is about.

Grandiosity

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

hmm

Its a game.

Grandiosity

Uh, ok? I don't get what that was supposed to prove.

Elitism on this board has been established by a group of individuals who believe they are right 100% of the time, and will look at others in a non-important way. If you read the thread about crashing, you will get a better understanding of what elitists are like.

Golvellius just trolls the elitists. Having high stats doesn't make you an elitist.

Oh btw, I found the topic, it fell to a couple pages back, but you should read it to understand better.

Staurolite.png

Wow, since when did all high levels suddenly become elitists?

Logic plz.

Since this thread was started and everyone rallied around trolls.

Elitism is indeed a mindset and not a set of levels. That's why you have elitists on this board with terrible noncombat stats (but maxed combat) and super chill maxed players. Almost everyone is in between but since we have to escalate this a line is being drawn at high total level.

2496 Completionist

hmm

Its a game.

tad inconsistent? Interesting.

I used to browse these forums all the time back from -05 to -08 or -09, now I come here less and less. One big reason is that as a clanner, RSC has more stuff that interests me(also the forums of my own clan keep me busy) but one major thing is also the community. Back in the day TIF used to have this friendly atmosphere and really good and intellect threads with great posters that didn't seem to have this need for trolling and flaming that the current userbase has.

Current community seems like some elitistic trolls who just go on bashing each others posts and the friendly atmosphere there was once was is no where to be seen.

Reiskade.png

~Council of Northern Gods~

I think the current community is reflective of the state of today's society. It is the Hannah Montana era.

What era were you in, 2008?

And last time I checked, not all Hannah Montana fangirls know what "efficiency" is.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I just browsed some competing fansite forums and have to say tif is much more informative and overall has a better community

sigcopyaf.png