do you enjoy grind ?

wwry

I really dislike grinding, and it's a shame that this game has basically descended into who can grind the most to get the highest levels. That's why I don't really mind that I have no 99's after quite a long time playing.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I enjoy what comes after grinding.

Define grind. Do some things take longer? yes. Does that make it a grind? No. It will take me a few months for 120 DG, but its not a grind.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Define grind. Do some things take longer? yes. Does that make it a grind? No. It will take me a few months for 120 DG, but its not a grind.

Funny that this thread should pop up in the middle of our other discussion, no?

Funny that other people talk here about "grinding", but you refuse to accept that they can have a valid opinion of it, no?

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/grind gives you great definition.

To instill or teach by persistent repetition

Informal To devote oneself to study or work

Informal A laborious task, routine, or study

if you keep look at this page there are many more definitions of grind that relates of even better to gaming.

or of course the gaming grinding definition we all know.

extensive work on a similar object or repeating an action for several times(dozens or more).

^

this is my words.

but there is no argument here what is grinding, its already established.

Funny that other people talk here about "grinding", but you refuse to accept that they can have a valid opinion of it, no?

sorry mate, but i honestly dont know what is your other discussion.

i dont have any hidden agenda or some point i want to teach. i just asked a question.

Runescape is, has and always will be a grindfest.

I honestly don't understand how or why people start playing the game if they don't like grinding lol.

Don't like grinding? MMO's probably aren't for you.

In other games where you don't have skills - you are "farming" which is essentially, the same thing.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Gotta agree, like what comes after grinding.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Quote that I said grinding doesn't exist. Rather, I stated that what is defined as grinding is user-relative, depending on a number of factors.

Nor did I say that grinding was either bad, or boring.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I rarely grind. The only time I feel like I'm grinding is when I get really close to something that'll provide me with a lot of fun when I get it, like when I went from 89 to 95 prayer. The last few thousand bones seemed to go on forever, but only because I was so anxious to start using turmoil.

Herblore is the same thing. I basically just "grind" for benefits.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Quote that I said grinding doesn't exist. Rather, I stated that what is defined as grinding is user-relative, depending on a number of factors.

but grinding is not objective. its a definition.

I don't like grinding at all. I can't stay at a grind task for more than half an hour. It's amazing sometimes I can even last a whole war tortoise at frost dragons, I usually just dismiss it halfway through and go do something else. Even when I train construction, I don't do it for more than 2-3 hours at once.

However, I can manage to play 5 straight hours of castle wars (given I have the supplies) without a break :shades:

Staurolite.png

You mean 'subjective', and yes it is. I hate agility, but there are a lot of people who love it. What is grinding to me is not grinding to them. Bam, subjectivity.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You mean 'subjective', and yes it is. I hate agility, but there are a lot of people who love it. What is grinding to me is not grinding to them. Bam, subjectivity.

oops lol, not english speaker.

now i feel silly.

if you dont believe me, just read a dictionary. you cant argue with that.

Runescape is, has and always will be a grindfest.

That's because Jagex decided to have things like "bonus xp weekends"

I honestly don't understand how or why people start playing the game if they don't like grinding lol.

Don't like grinding? MMO's probably aren't for you.

In my many years of playing RuneScape, I have never done that.

Would I enjoy grinding? No.

Is it necessary to do so? No.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Whether you level a skill 5minutes at a time or 10 hours at a time. There is no escaping the repetitive nature of "levelling" in this game. Looking at your stats you've done plenty of that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinding_(video_gaming)

Yes it's wikipedia, however due to the modern nature of gaming it pretty much sums up what the gaming community considers a grind.

I believe the term for bonus xp weekends, is poopsocking. Ie, play for 10hrs straight. I don't need to give you any hints on how that term was derived.

qjDiz.png

Not at all, since by my definition something becomes a grind when I no longer enjoy doing something, but continue to do it anyway.

(I don't grind)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Whether you level a skill 5minutes at a time or 10 hours at a time. There is no escaping the repetitive nature of "levelling" in this game. Looking at your stats you've done plenty of that.

I stand by my previous statement.

According to your definition, grinding is:

Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive and/or non-entertaining gameplay in order to gain access to other features within the game, or to allow the player to "grind" better/faster.

This I have never done. I may have fairly "high" levels, but that does not mean I hád to grind.

I believe the term for bonus xp weekends, is poopsocking. Ie, play for 10hrs straight. I don't need to give you any hints on how that term was derived.

I never was a supporter of that "event". In my personal opinion it was (bleeping cabbage) of Jagex to do it the way they did, and Mod Fnord's lack of understanding how the game works shocked me.

Yes, that was a grind fest, but that doesn't mean you *have* to grind to achieve the levels I have on my current account, especially since I willingly chose not to participate in either of the bonus xp weekends.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

It does say and/or, but unlike other people on this forum (not you) I can't be bothered to argue endlessly over something trivial.

We have 2 different perceptions of what grinding means - fair enough.

I also dislike the bonus exp weekend, as it forces you to play or miss out -

Anyway then there is the other term "farming", if your not grinding levels you are farming gold essentially.

However there are obviously things that don't constitute as grinding in Runescape - Being Quests, Achievements(kind of), Minigames, PvP.

There are also 2 skills that do not constitute as grinding in a traditional sense. That is Slayer and Dungeoneering, however these may both feel repetitive, the scenario's each time are generally completely different (more so in dungeoneerings case)

qjDiz.png