2010/2011 Movies discussion

redhaloguy

Any movies made in 2010 or 2011 (Since this is quite late for this) and discussions about these movies.

For example. I recently saw Black Swan and it was fantastic, and I've been meaning to see Somewhere.

So far an okay year for film.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

2010 Films I enjoyed:

[bleep] Slap - This one amused me, hot girls, lots of catfights

Crazy on the Outside - Cute Comedy

The Book of Eli - EPIC

Edge of Darkness - Note to self - buy on blu

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - Good fantasy story

The Wolfman - Hugo weaving was amazing

nception - epic

Cop Out - Kinda medicore - but i enjoyed it

The Crazies - It was a good remake

Shutter Island - Epic

Clash of the Titans - Kinda boring, but a decent remake once it got rolling

Kick-Ass - fantastic

Hot Tub Time Machine - overhyped but funny

The Losers - Epic

Iron Man 2 - Meh - I enjoyed it but not as much as the original and I own alot of iron man comics

Robin Hood - Gladiator with a bow for 30 seconds

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Enjoyable

Get Him to the Greek - Kinda funny, kinda annoying

The Karate Kid - Epic

2010 Stinkers:

Legion - Ugh

Ones I want to see that have eluded me/slipped my mind for now:

From Paris With Love - Travolta is a favorite of mine

A Nightmare on Elm Street - Loved all 8 nightmares

The Human Centipede (First Sequence) - I've passed on it on blu for 9.99 - Doesn't look that great

Knight and Day - Looks enjoyable

The Sorcerer's Apprentice - i'm a huge nic cage fan

Predators - friends raved about it

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Want to see it, i don't miss comic flicks

The Expendables - Suprised i haven't seen it

The Town - Looked great

Machete

Wall Street Money Never Sleeps:

paranormal 2

harry potter

narnia

warriors way

red

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Piranha 3D

Vampires Suck

Grown Ups

How to Train Your Dragon

Alice in Wonderland

Salt

Jonah Hex

The A-Team

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Really avoid Expendables. I hated it when I saw it.

Extremely disappointing, although the writer was the one who wrote Doom, so I'm quite sure it would of failed.

On another topic.

Exit Through the Gift shop was a fantastic documentary, even if it was fake, to those who may of seen it.

I loved The Expendables :P

Working off of Das's list because I am teh lazy -

The Book of Eli - Liked it

Edge of Darkness - Meh. It was alright but I have no desire to watch it again.

Percy Jackson & The Olympians - Loved it

Inception - At the time it felt too long.. but I still loved it.

Shutter Island - Enjoyed it then hated the ending. It was too easy.

Clash of the Titans - Can't remember.. I think I liked it.

Kick-Ass - LOVED IT.

Iron Man 2- Loved it.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Enjoyable.

The Karate Kid - Loved it.

Centurion - Didn't like it. I felt like nothing happened...

Knight and Day - Fun.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Not bad. Kind of fun.

Predators - Enjoyed it. A little disappointed that the ending didn't show more.

The Expendables - Loved it.

Harry Potter 7: The Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Loved it.

RED - Not bad.

How to Train Your Dragon - Loved it.

Alice in Wonderland - Enjoyable.

Salt - Loved it.

The A-Team - Freakin' awesome.

Toy Story 3 - OHMYGOD.

Letters to Juliet - Loved it.

Killers - Enjoyed it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Really avoid Expendables. I hated it when I saw it.

Extremely disappointing, although the writer was the one who wrote Doom, so I'm quite sure it would of failed.

On another topic.

Exit Through the Gift shop was a fantastic documentary, even if it was fake, to those who may of seen it.

it's like my entire childhood in one movie - Thats an instant purchase sooner or later if i don't rent it first!

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Really like:

Shutter Island

The Expendables

Like:

The Infidel

Centurion

Clash of the Titans

She's out of my league

When in Rome

Red

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Get him to the greek

The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It

Neutral:

Cop Out

Killers

Dislike:

Kick Ass

Grown Ups

The other guys

Really dislike:

The spy next door

Easy A

Crap ass [cabbage] throw it into the stoke fire:

Basement

-----

I plan on checking out Ghost Writer in the next few days.

I wanted to see Salt, but i just can't stand seeing a chick with no muscles playing that role and kicking special ops asses.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I really liked,

Animal Kingdom

Inception

The Kids Are All Right

The Town

Shutter Island

Kick-Ass (I didn't want to like it, but it's hard not to)

A Prophet (A 2009 film but I don't think it had a DVD release until 2010)

Social Network

Good watches:

Going the Distance

Easy A

The Proposal

Iron Man 2

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

The American

If I didn't list a movie I either haven't seen it yet, or didn't care for it much that it made a lasting impression.

tFtfA.jpg

Havent seen much in cinema this year. Highlights were...

1. Invictus

2. Me & Orson Welles

3. the Expendables

4. My son, my son, what have ye done?

5. Piranha 3D

6. Amer

7. Cloudy with a chance of meatballs

8. the ghost writer

9. La Danse

10. She's out of my league

Redhaloguy: Avoid Somewhere...it's the most pretentious and empy piece of junk I've seen the past years. From the first shot it's obvious that it hasn't got anything new to say. It's ugly and boring.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the Expendables ending, which brought back so many memories of the ending of Commando, but that was about the only really good part. The dialogue was a mess, when we were getting the parts about character back stories and romances I could care less. It's action was good, but I feel that it was too modern for it to really be a completely nostalgic homage to eighties action films. I'm on the fence about it.

Inception I thought was a bit boring at some points, but the pay-off was great. The story was really interesting, the characters were all very interesting, and the action was really cool, really different. It was a great film.

Toy Story 3 I hated with a passion. The movie should have ended as they go into the trash burner because I really thought that it was boring, unfunny, and I just couldn't enjoy it as much as the two previous ones. Maybe it was the fact it really felt like every other computer animated kid movie. It's also how I felt about How To Train Your Dragon, it wasn't really funny and I just couldn't care less about any of the characters or the adventures they go on.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One was so boring, it might as well have been called Harry Potter and the Two Hour Camping Trip. The Ministry of Magic scene I quite enjoyed, the rest was a mess. The movie tries to establish character but it's so hard to follow because Harry likes Ginny for some reason, now like Hermione, but Ron likes Hermione, and Ron being a [bleep] turns Hermione on. It made absolutely no sense and bored me.

Kick-Ass I at first thought was good, but looking back on it, it's really, really not good. I mean, the comedy was funny but I have to agree with most that the movie was so dark that you really couldn't laugh and you couldn't distinguish whether this was a comedy or an action movie. I know you can have a dark comedy, but this went waaaay overboard and it just was totally broken by that. The action scenes weren't very good, either. It just felt like one of those movies that is like "Look, we have violence. And comedy. And Nicholas Cage. And a girl with purple hair killing people!". It did not feel like a proper, decent movie.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World was favorite movie of the year. People complain because Scott is unlikable because he cheats on Nives, but I personally can relate to Scott, not in that sense, but in the sense that he meets his dream girl, and has to go through hell to get to her. And I can also relate to being a rocker/nerd who isn't the most socially well rounded. I mean, I can basically relate to the whole movie in some way or other. And it has some of the best action scenes in a movie this year.

Spy Next Door was pretty awful. I mean, Jackie Chan, you can't go wrong! But Billy Ray Cyrus and George Lopez make it go wrong. And kids. I mean, the movie isn't good in any sense of the word, and the only redeeming factor for me is the fact that Jackie Chan is in it.

Shrek 4ever After was the worst movie I've seen all year. Boring to the nth degree, unfunny, and a complete waste of time and money.

2010 was an alright year I guess. Not much to really see and talk about over the next few years though, and certainly no classics are coming out of it.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I rarely go to the theatre, mostly because it's too expensive and I don't want to pay $8.50+ for a movie that is mediocre.

I liked Black Swan and Shutter Island the most and I'm really looking forward to On the Road in 2011.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Redhaloguy: Avoid Somewhere...it's the most pretentious and empy piece of junk I've seen the past years. From the first shot it's obvious that it hasn't got anything new to say. It's ugly and boring.

You were so right, Sofia tried to do exactly what she did in Lost in Translation and it just didn't work.. the ending just came out of nowhere. Otherwise I hated that film.

Recently saw Social Network.

They talked WAY too fast. It's crazy. Aaron Sorkin needs to calm down his writing.

Jesse Eisenberg was the only one I noticed who talked fast, but it seemed to be part of his character.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

best movies i've seen this year are the town and shutter island

going the distance is an enjoyable feel good movie

inception is overrated

bruce willis needs to stop doing comedy

steve carrell isn't as funny as he thinks he is

i hope tom cruise starts making more films. he's a good actor who makes decent flicks and people are idiots for caring way too much about what he does in his personal life

and i learned that i hate this "actor" and his voice

Y7lhK.jpg

My favorite movies of 2010 were Inception (movie of the year) and How To Train Your Dragon. Dreamworks really brought out all the stops and finally out-shined Pixar for once. And the main character is brilliantly voiced by Jay Baruchel. The guy in the picture above.

Other favorites of 2010 include Kick-Ass, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, The Social Network, Toy Story 3.

bruce willis needs to stop doing comedy

Definitely agree with this. He is awesome in action movies but he needs to stick to pure action/thriller instead of this comedy/action crap he's been doing.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Hobo With a Shotgun, Rubber, Trollhunter, Human Centipede 2. Can't wait.

Especially for the first one.

Also, The Warriors remake, if that ever happens. It will probably be terrible, but I still want to see it.

AAAAAND BILL AND TED 3. Whenever that happens. PLEASE BE SOON.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

It's pretty remake crazy this year, only thing I have to look forward to was Tree of Life. and I expected that 2010, but since Terrence takes forever editing it's no wonder it got pushed back.

I enjoyed watching:

Inception - although it is a bit overrated, I still enjoyed it very much

Kickass - great take on the comic and I liked the fighting scenes :D

Shutter Island - Adrenal recommended this and I put off watching it for so long, but it was goooooood.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World - I loved EVERYTHING about this movie.

Toy Story 3 - I CRIED SO MUCH IN THIS MOVIE D:

I did not enjoy watching:

The Town - Wow. This one was disappointing and boring.

The Social Network - I thought this movie was OK, but overrated. I'm surprised it got so many awards.

I would like to watch:

Black Swan

The King's Speech

Exit Through the Gift Shop

The Borrower Arrietty (by Studio Ghibli) - I think this one might be disappointing though, so I'm a little bit hesitant.

Toy Story 3 I hated with a passion. The movie should have ended as they go into the trash burner because I really thought that it was boring, unfunny, and I just couldn't enjoy it as much as the two previous ones. Maybe it was the fact it really felt like every other computer animated kid movie. It's also how I felt about How To Train Your Dragon, it wasn't really funny and I just couldn't care less about any of the characters or the adventures they go on.

It would not have been a good idea at all to end Toy Story 3 at the burning scene. Imagine all the kids that watched/will be watching Toy Story 3. Even *I* would have cried from shock and horror if it ended there.

Oh, and Toy Story 2 blowed.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Well, since I'm bored, I'll go through the 2010 movies I saw this past year.

• Inception - Amazing. Exceeded its hype and was the best movie of the year to me.
  • Toy Story 3 - YES!! Finally, after all these years, I got to watch the conclusion of the Toy Story series and sure enough, it did not disappoint. I'd say it's my favorite toy story of them all. I have grown pretty close to Toy Story that I almost even shed a tear at the end.
  • Shutter Island - Looked pretty awesome; was pretty awesome. Left me guessing and wanting to see it again.
  • Scott Pilgrim Vs the World - So awesome. Had some cheesy one liners, but overall, I was completely satisfied. The Todd Ingram and Lucas Lee scenes were the best.
  • Iron Man 2 - Pretty awesome, though not as good as the first.
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - It has really grown on me. The first time I saw it, I was disappointed by it due to the lack of action scenes. But after seeing it again, I realize that the movie doesn't even need the action because the chemistry feels so real. I love the Harry Potter movies. Right now, it's probably my 4th favorite (in a close race) HP.
  • Salt - Pretty fun movie with some crazy action
  • Knight and Day - Same as Salt, mixed with some humor. I'm a sucker for M:I movies, which is the vibe I had for this going in:P
  • Prince of Persia - Saw this at the outdoors. It was alright. I didn't go into it with high expectations, so it didn't disappoint in that regard.
  • Book of Eli - Again, it was alright. I was expecting better (I usually like Denzel Washinton)
  • Unstoppable - Now this was great. Edge-of-your-seat intensity. Denzel Washington, Chris Pine, yes
  • Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief - Really cheesy, and I thought it could have been much better :/
  • The Expendables - The scene with Arnold, Willis, and Sly made the movie for me. Otherwise, pretty cheesy, but fun.
  • Red - Didn't understand the plot... at all. Maybe I was brain-dead that day...
  • Wall Street 2 - Was enjoyable. I didn't see the first prior to this, and had to ask my dad a lot of questions due to my lack of knowledge in the stock market (right now).
  • The American - Was alright, though a bit boring.
  • True Grit - One of the best movies I saw this year. I saw both the original and this in the same day, and have to admit, this version is much better.
  • The Other Guys - Meh. It was alright, though most of the best jokes were already in the previews
  • Despicable Me - Alright, though it pales in comparison to some of the other animated works, especially Pixar
  • Social Network - Pretty cool, though a bit....weird.
  • Green Zone - Decent movie. I like Matt Damon and the Bourne trilogy, though it wasn't as good as those.
  • Date Night (Forgot about this one) - Pretty darn funny if you ask me :D

I still really want to see 127 hours, Alice in Wonderland, How to Train Your Dragon, Tron: Legacy, and Narnia (possibly The Tourist too, but it got some bad reviews..might be a rental instead)

1icyna.png

I really enjoyed The Tourist :) I suppose it's kind of weird because it's such an odd combination of comedy, drama and thriller. And maybe that's the problem. It's not the best in any of those categories. It doesn't have enough comedy to be well liked for having great comedy, it's not enough of a drama to be ranked against great dramas and to be considered among them, and it's not enough of a thriller to rank against great thrillers. The weird combination kind of puts it in a category of its own which leaves you little to compare it to (at least with the movies I've seen). But it's definitely worth a watch (theaters or rental) and I liked the ending ;)

Posted Image