Scroll of Cleansing or Scroll of Life?

JacTise69

I'm currently stockpiling herbs from MTK and farming in preparation for the next Double Exp weekend. Planning to continue stockpiling until I either....

a.) have enough for 99 herblore

or

b.) the double exp weekend hits.

My question is will the scroll of life or the scroll of cleansing be more beneficial to me right off the bat. I'm planning on getting both eventually.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

You should get the scroll of life because you're farming. You should get the scroll of cleansing when you're going to be making unfs and potions.

They are definitely beneficial.

Scroll of cleansing for example:

I had 1977 snapdragons that I were making into unfs, I got 2217 unf potions in the end :o That's 240 extra snapdragons.

Then only bought 2000 of the 2nd ingredient and had enough for those unf potions because of the scroll :D

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I'm currently stockpiling herbs from MTK and farming in preparation for the next Double Exp weekend. Planning to continue stockpiling until I either....

a.) have enough for 99 herblore

or

b.) the double exp weekend hits.

My question is will the scroll of life or the scroll of cleansing be more beneficial to me right off the bat. I'm planning on getting both eventually.

the scroll of life is cheap and, after enough farming, save lots of money. buying 100 herb seeds and getting 10 extra can be worth upwards of 400k on seeds, not to mention the extra herbs form thosue seeds.

i would advise getting it soon.

the scroll of cleansing is also cheap. the speed boost is not something to think about, but the 10% chance of items back efectively means a good 5% boost in xp per a gp.

dependsing on weather you adding the herbs to the vials as to just finish them on the xp weekened, or not doing that, i would say get it.

if you are makeing unf pots then 10% more herbs would be a massive boost in xp.

in short.

life. get

cleanseing, if your makeing unf pots, get it. if your just getting the herbs and only doing stuff with them on the weekend, you can wait.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I'd go against the boat and say Scroll of cleansing.

Guys, it works with both unf. potions and making final potions. It saved me about 55 Magic potions of the 500 extreme magics I was making. Pretty damn awesome. If you're planning to collect MTK's herbs, you're better of with Cleansing. Though I'd recommend hardcore Dungeoneering to get both ASAP.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I'd go against the boat and say Scroll of cleansing.

Guys, it works with both unf. potions and making final potions. It saved me about 55 Magic potions of the 500 extreme magics I was making. Pretty damn awesome. If you're planning to collect MTK's herbs, you're better of with Cleansing. Though I'd recommend hardcore Dungeoneering to get both ASAP.

See you can hold off on when you do herblore, but farming runs are done multiple times each day to gain benefit.

I just week ago got scroll of cleansing, and been "playing" around with it ever since. I don't have exactly high combat levels, herblore, summoning or prayer levels to make money effectively on boss hunting (+ I got bad connection to top that), nor do I have 85 dungeoneering for frost dragons. Making unf potions is the fastest money I can make with my levels, and considering it is rather easy. Doesn't require any thinking, just need to be a bit patient. ;)

I don't like merchanting, or can't do it well anyways. Here are some ratios what I have gained with the scroll of cleansing lately. So maybe it would help you (remember that scroll of cleansing also works on making unf into potions, not only herbs to unfs!).

---

13.12.2010 BOUGHT --- 10,000 Avantoes (43,500,000)

14.12.2010 SOLD - 11,249 Avantoe (unf) pot (49,500,000) (6,000,000gp profit)

---

14.12.2010 BOUGHT 5,000 Snapdragons (61,475,000)

15.12.2010 SOLD 5,605 Snapdragon (unf) pot (64,165,000) (2,690,000gp profit)

---

15.12.2010 BOUGHT 10,000 Lantadymes (68,800,000)

17.12.2010 SOLD 11238 Lantadyme (unf) pot (76,732,000) (7,930,000gp profit)

---

17.12.2010 BOUGHT 12,000 Lantadymes (82,900,000)

18.12.2010 SOLD 13,500 Lantadyme (unf) pots (95,519,000) (12,619,000gp profit)

---

18.12.2010 BOUGHT 10,000 Lantadymes (68,978,000)

BTW: I also bought the herbs as grimy ones, so I got "free" XP from cleaining the herbs. Cleaning lantadymes for example is close to 100k xp/h (requires alot - and I mean ALOT - of clicking though).

So I would say scroll of cleansing. :) Might not be your cup of tea, but it certainly is my pint of beer! <3:

EDIT: Word to the wise. If you really want to maximise your gain, you should really sell the herbs that are either slow xp/ expensive xp/gp ratio, and use the money to buy the most suitable herbs. Especially if you're planning to get as cheap as possible, prayer potions would be way to go. If you want speed, you better choose other alternative. If you just turn all the herbs you got from MTK into potions, you're bound to lose time & money doing it. :!:

^ Grimys herblore spreadsheet on Archive of Wisdom should help you out with that!

u5zhkTY.gif

If you're planning on getting both anyway, you should be able to answer yourself :)

You said you're gonna farm while waiting for the XP weekend, life is the obvious choice.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I just week ago got scroll of cleansing, and been "playing" around with it ever since. I don't have exactly high combat levels, herblore, summoning or prayer levels to make money effectively on boss hunting (+ I got bad connection to top that), nor do I have 85 dungeoneering for frost dragons. Making unf potions is the fastest money I can make with my levels, and considering it is rather easy. Doesn't require any thinking, just need to be a bit patient. ;)

I don't like merchanting, or can't do it well anyways. Here are some ratios what I have gained with the scroll of cleansing lately. So maybe it would help you (remember that scroll of cleansing also works on making unf into potions, not only herbs to unfs!).

---

13.12.2010 BOUGHT --- 10,000 Avantoes (43,500,000)

14.12.2010 SOLD - 11,249 Avantoe (unf) pot (49,500,000) (6,000,000gp profit)

---

14.12.2010 BOUGHT 5,000 Snapdragons (61,475,000)

15.12.2010 SOLD 5,605 Snapdragon (unf) pot (64,165,000) (2,690,000gp profit)

---

15.12.2010 BOUGHT 10,000 Lantadymes (68,800,000)

17.12.2010 SOLD 11238 Lantadyme (unf) pot (76,732,000) (7,930,000gp profit)

---

17.12.2010 BOUGHT 12,000 Lantadymes (82,900,000)

18.12.2010 SOLD 13,500 Lantadyme (unf) pots (95,519,000) (12,619,000gp profit)

---

18.12.2010 BOUGHT 10,000 Lantadymes (68,978,000)

BTW: I also bought the herbs as grimy ones, so I got "free" XP from cleaining the herbs. Cleaning lantadymes for example is close to 100k xp/h (requires alot - and I mean ALOT - of clicking though).

So I would say scroll of cleansing. :) Might not be your cup of tea, but it certainly is my pint of beer! <3:

EDIT: Word to the wise. If you really want to maximise your gain, you should really sell the herbs that are either slow xp/ expensive xp/gp ratio, and use the money to buy the most suitable herbs. Especially if you're planning to get as cheap as possible, prayer potions would be way to go. If you want speed, you better choose other alternative. If you just turn all the herbs you got from MTK into potions, you're bound to lose time & money doing it. :!:

^ Grimys herblore spreadsheet on Archive of Wisdom should help you out with that!

holy [cabbage] you just cleaned 41k herbs and made 41k unf how did you survive???? :ohnoes:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

K, well, if you plan to get both, get the scroll of life NOW. It will be useful NOW. Then, save up for scroll of cleansing later, just make sure you have it before you train herblore. Idk which one to get if you're only getting one however,

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.