I think i've discovered the Enchanted Excalibur

Johannas

I was thinking of all these ways to make money for 85 herblore so i could make super anitfires, then i thought why not get 86 and stew for extreme range. And then i realised i could do the seers diaries.... (i didn't even know the reward.)

I'm short on cash atm, and didn't want to sell any items.

But then i thought, sell my SGS (which is a bit overated anyway) - and buy 86 herblore (which i can then stew to get the enchanted Excalibur....) I only use SGS as a healing weapon anyway. Because they basically do the same thing, right?

So i could level herby to 86 for the price i would get from selling my GS basically.

Good idea?

edit: what's the chance of a +6 stew?

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I can¨t recommend potions as Herblore is expensive either way. But you should get 87 Herb instead of wasting time on getting +6 boost (time u cud use to earn cash for 87 herb). Even if you get +6 boost, it will probably go down to +5 fast. +5 is common, but +6 is very, very hard. And time used to get it is not worth it. I dont think i got +6 boost and ive used loads stews.

I usally just use this to work out the profitability, and multiply it by the exp difference.

I think what i was getting at is obviously with free trade some potions aren't going to be as much, some will be easier to sell for instance. Fletching pots look pretty good, but whos going to buy them? I remember fishing potions selling for 50gp

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Potions#Potion_calculator

johannase.jpg

According to the Runescape Wiki there is a 1.6% chance of getting a +6 boost from a 3 spice spicy stew compared to a 9% +5 and an 18% +4 so it really isn't worth doing.

If you want to save money training herblore, turn the herbs you get from MTK into potions and sell them, while it is less gp than selling the herbs and a less efficient way of training herblore you should just about break even (or you did when I did this a few months ago, I think I even profited). There are much better ways to train it though :P Hope this helps!

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I'm intrigued by what an enchanted Excalibur is.

Its called Enhanced Excalibur, not Enchanted.

Or for short EE if you've done the hard diary and EEE if you did elite.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The best potion to make is extreme attack, and extreme strength, and extreme defence. If you are now 85 herblore, check the total xp to 87 and divide that by 690. That's how many of each you need to make.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Not too sharp if you couldn't figure out what he meant.. :unsure:

But yep, EEE is great because you will want to get ovl at some point anyways but EEE is another bonus on the way. I'll be honest and say there aren't many places where is it best. That being said it does have its uses especially during skilling where you might take damage.

Remember you need to make the potion in the range guild. I recommend having supplies for 100 or so extreme range pots banked, and supplies for one in your inventory. The rest fill with stewing supplies; brown spices and stews. Go to the range guild and try until you get your boost, tele to a bank, and use the logout trick to make the rest of the range potions. That will be useful in training and stuff.

Edit: Just remembered, to remove the negative boosts use the leech familiar and its scrolls.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Not too sharp if you couldn't figure out what he meant.. :unsure:

True but always worth correcting people nicely on mis-named items rather than letting them be and somewhere later down the line some arrogant jackass insults them and belittles them for getting the name wrong.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sounds like you are that person, being sarcastic then correcting them? Why not just correct them unless you have a personal need to put them down. It's a bit rude if you ask me. Please be nice and friendly. :thumbsup:

PM me in game anytime

I was nice and friendly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Keep in mind that eventually you will be making overloads. So while spec restores might seem like cheaper gp/exp, you want to make a balance to you will have supplies for overloads.

Extreme mage and defense will all be converted into overloads, so don't make too many or keep them in proportion.

PM me in game anytime

I would make a mixture of spec restores, super antifires (both in quantities that you know you will use. I would do 2k spec restores and 1k super antifire), and extreme str/att/def. As long as you use your extreme pots, they are pretty cheap, and you will certainly not make more than you will use for only lvl 87.

Sold my SGS, and yes slayer will be my main 'in game time consumer' Combat related stats are where most my goals lie, so yeah.

Super restores still come in quite expensive, but i suppose it's faster - and i will use most of them in slayer instead of prayer potions. When it comes to 84 are recover specs/super antifires (at 85) the best way to go to 88? Should i consider boosting for other extreme potions? If so, how many? Mind you, suppose it alls come down to how far i'm going to train slayer.

johannase.jpg

Sold my SGS, and yes slayer will be my main 'in game time consumer' Combat related stats are where most my goals lie, so yeah.

Super restores still come in quite expensive, but i suppose it's faster - and i will use most of them in slayer instead of prayer potions. When it comes to 84 are recover specs/super antifires (at 85) the best way to go to 88? Should i consider boosting for other extreme potions? If so, how many? Mind you, suppose it alls come down to how far i'm going to train slayer.

Make super restores, sell them, and buy prayer pots. No need to use them in slayer and waste precious monies.

Make 2k recover specs and 1k super antifies, then make extreme attack and strength. You will use all of these during slayer and yes, boost.

PM me in game anytime

If low on cash, I recommend potions that can be sold back so the loss wont be crazy high.

Actually some extremes are cheaper and don't have to be resold. It's a really bad idea to do normal attack pots just for cheap.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I had a look at the graphs and chose regular energy pots to get to 88. I'm gonna make 41,000 of them and then the rest in extremes for slayer use. Super restores were like 20 mil more expensive, i wanted to pay for it all with the 37,5mil i got from my SGS. Regular energy pots aren't gonna crash any more and the supplies are on the way down too which is nice.

It's gonna be a long, long week/two/three - especially making those daym unf pots.

Finished off all but 1 level i need for all the easy/medium/hard tasks in all diaries. 500 logs to burn tomorrow morning then on with herby :)

Thanks to all who contributed

johannase.jpg

I guess I can't stop you now, but you do realize in the time you've wasted making the extremely low level potion you could have EASILY made the extra 20mil for faster exp and you wouldn't be wanting to gouge your eyes out from boredom; it's your money and your training method but you're wasting a lot of time and will have no supplies to make extremes, and no useful untradables like super antifire or spec rests.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots