Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen, the best song ever?

Gamerr

Allright, i'm not drunk or something, but if i can believe my fellow belgians Bohemian Rhasody from Queen is the best song ever, because a few years a radio channel holds a top 200(and then the number of the year) at Christmas and since the beginning that song held the number one. I must say, i didn't know it before i saw it on number one ( :oops: ), but i have to admit, it's one of the most complete songs i've ever heard. Nice solo's, not a classic beat with some voice and awesome variations.

I don't want to start another - best song ever - topic, but i want your opinion on it, do you like it and is it a worthy candidate for the number one ever? And if not why?

Thanks,

Gamerr

PS: for the people who don't know the song, i think this is a website where you can listen to it => http://www.queenwords.com/lyrics/songs/sng11_01.shtml

signature4s.jpg

No. Simply because I don't like it. It's just my personal opinion and many people disagree with me. It might be the most popular, tho.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

According to tip.it: it isn't

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=141 ... atest+song

However, we also voted LOTR: ROTK as the greatest movie...so make what you will :P

I believe hohto makes a valid point on opinions, meaning why no-one will ever agree which song truly is the greatest.

Tip.it has horrible taste Bubs, as you can tell from the greatest movie ever poll.

But am I the only one that thinks that is is weird that Bohemian Rhapsody is not on their Greatest Hits album?

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I'm probably going to get barracked for this, but BR is absolutely horrible, no doubt the most overrated song ever. There is only about twenty seconds worth of respectible music in it.

Actually, that song has some incredible music in it. Maybe you don't like it, but there's some pretty complex chord changes in there. I'd say it's pretty respectable.

I don't think it's number one, though. It's good, but it's more fun and funny than powerful.

finalsig9wq.gif

It's a good song, I don't think it's overrated and overplayed. It's just is one of the better songs out there, weither you like it or not. Along with a lot of other songs of course. I really can't decide which is really the better song out of all those top 10 lists consisting of "Hotel Californea", "Stairway to Heaven", "Child in Time", "Hey Jude", "Paint it Black", "Bohemian Rhapsodey" etc. etc.

But am I the only one that thinks that is is weird that Bohemian Rhapsody is not on their Greatest Hits album?

Queen has got various greatest hits albums, I've got three of them combined in one box and Bohemian Rhapsodey is the first song on the first greatest hits CD of Queen.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... c&n=507846

That's the set I have...

Queen Greatest Hits I

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Although I like the song, i wouldn't consider it being even close to the Greatest Song Ever. it's just a fun song for me, but to call it great would be pushing my limits

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

It's a good song, I don't think it's overrated and overplayed. It's just is one of the better songs out there, weither you like it or not. Along with a lot of other songs of course. I really can't decide which is really the better song out of all those top 10 lists consisting of "Hotel Californea", "Stairway to Heaven", "Child in Time", "Hey Jude", "Paint it Black", "Bohemian Rhapsodey" etc. etc.

Queen has got various greatest hits albums, I've got three of them combined in one box and Bohemian Rhapsodey is the first song on the first greatest hits CD of Queen.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... c&n=507846

That's the set I have...

Queen Greatest Hits I

Oh..... I see.... :P

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I think it deserves that title, its been one of the most influencial songs of the modern era, and paved the way for other styles of music, simply because of its diversity.

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

I think it deserves that title, its been one of the most influencial songs of the modern era, and paved the way for other styles of music, simply because of its diversity.

And Mountain Dew had a pretty sweet-aye spinoff of it. :P

Of course tip.it has horrid tastes in music, putting rap in the contest, and ive never heard stairway to heaven, so i woudl have to agree BR owns IMO!

Let me be the first to say, your opinion cannot count either way :wink:

Lmao. :lol:

I'm probably going to get barracked for this, but BR is absolutely horrible, no doubt the most overrated song ever. There is only about twenty seconds worth of respectible music in it.

How dare you diss Queen!!!!!!!!They're like, the best band ever!!!!

Naa i'm not angry cos it's just your opinion! :D Which we are all entitled to

btw is this thread dead?

In my opinion there can never be a "greatest song ever" That's why I love music, it's do diverse that their might be a 1000 greatest songs, but each one is specific to a mood or time. I don't think any group of people could ever entirely sit down and say, "that there is the greatest song ever, nothing is as good" because it's down to taste and mood. I believe every song has it's own place somewhere in life, some people might visit these places more often than others so they might prefer that type of music. My music taste is too varied to bring in a "greatest song" because quite simply it would blow my brain apart choosing between songs that i love equally.

To put it simply the term "greatest song" is irrelevant and undermines what music stands for, diversity and self-expression.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

It gets to repetative if you listen to it too much, like Burger King, you know when you burp days later and you can still taste it, kinda like that.

Some songs I can listen to all day, but not BH. Just a lot of stupid stuff in it, I think it is pretty overrated. I like it, but not that much.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg