Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wilderness and Free Trade Interview!!! - Answers On First Post!

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Am I the only one who is nervous about this;

We are also looking into new ways of punishing cheaters who buy gold

As of now, they perm ban accounts which RWT. Anything 'different' would have to be a step towards less punishment. Sounds like Jagex is transfering their approach to bots to their approach to RWTers: Wipes.

Right now, if I buy 10M gold for $20, I risk not only that $20, but also my account that I've put 100+ days into. But if Jagex goes to bank wipes, then all you're really risking is that $20. WAY less risk will lead to far more RWT, not less.

Note - I say "I" as an example. I have never, and will never endorse RWT or anything similar. It is the scum that ruined the game and offenders don't deserve to play, ever.

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Dark Dude

The only work done before the vote was to see how long it would actually take to re-implement (Development/QA/graphics etc.) and what we would have to do to existing content.

I find this highly unlikely, if they really did all the dev and QA work for the wildy in two weeks than I'm not setting foot near there for the first week of release. There are definitely going to be loads of bugs and coding oversights from trying to overhaul a large part of the game in 2 weeks.

There's not actually a huge huge amount of work to be done, I thought what you did at first then when I thought about it more. All the mini-games etc. are instanced anyway so moving those will be very easy and will require next to no QA or time spent. Getting rid of restricted trade is straight forward and really again not much testing needs to be done with it. Same with changing the wilderness to how it was before. While there are a few things that might cause problems (gravestones with free trade) and a couple of other things there's not a huge amount to do. I'm sure there will still be some bugs but it won't be anywhere near as bad as people are thinking.

noble_aloof
[ Display Name History ]

noble_aloof

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,326 posts
  • RSN:Noble Aloof
  • Clan:Fenghahe's Elite Investing Guild
Okay honestly Besides a few of those questions (just about every one was already answered on the RSOF) who really gives a ****? They give extremely vague and PREDICTABLE answers for most of them. I mean no disrespect, i commend jagex on this opportunity and all who seized it. but really, Why not get answers to questions that tread into new territory- why is everyone being so mum on staking? New rules and Organization are so necessary to bring staking back. Nobody wants to stake a party hat in an arena with (I Believe the max is 50?) 50 players in it. What blatantly comes to mind is reconfiguring the entire arena system just to make it easier for staking and finding opponents. New rules obviously are due such as Allowing DG equipment, Overloads, PVP armor, HP boosting armor, and for the sake of hybridding, even limiting inventory spaces. I've also heard that jagex didn't even make it intentional to allow people to get frozen/stuck behind obstacles and still be attacked.

At level 102 I barely have to worry about the rule problems stated above, but there are going to be a lot of sad players who get owned if they bring it back literally as it was.
Staking: 4+ mil
Current Status: Training defense

Lux_Tenebrae
[ Display Name History ]

Lux_Tenebrae

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • RSN:Lux Tenebrae
  • Clan:COE

Saying " There are no "merchanting clans"' is kind of like saying there are no private e-mail accounts. Just becouse you haven't been invited into one dose not mean they are not around.

BTW What "drought in supplies" are you talking about? I've never been told the all the fish in any fishing spot where all gone. The trees "grow" back at the same rate no matter what you do with them afterwards. The sand boxes for making glass are allways full. The rocks are as slow to mine now as they where brfore. What have you missed out on?

:rolleyes:
Somebody doesn't know how basic industry works.

Not a big surprise, from somebody who thinks buying out X item to cause an artificial supply/deman imbalance is "merchanting". Don't worry bro, nobody will miss the guys buying out antifire potions. Free trading is coming, your fate is sealed, banned or not.

Actualy, I never mentioned buying anything. And may I ask, What "industry"? We are talking about a game here. Anyone who thinks Runescape is anything other than a game eather works for Jagex (It's there business), Is praying on people who are to lazy or unwilling to play the game and thus get whatever it is they want (RWT), or are in need of psychological help. It's a GAME. If you want antifire pots, do what it takes to make them. Or be willing to pay the price to those who did the "work" and made them for you. But don't got all bet out of shape becouse some people want to play the game in a diferant way than you do. If they want to prentend that they are some kind of Runescape Walmart or something, let them. Just play the game and ignore them. Everything in this game can be had by anyone willing to to do what it takes to go get it. That's the whole point of playing. To earn the rewards in exchange for the effort you put in.

And this brings me back to the question I asked before. What "drought in supplies"? What is the reason for you not being able to play the game and not get or make what you want? Is the game to hard? Is it to boring to do the "work"?Do you not know how to do it? The guides here on Tip.it are exelant in helping with that.:thumbsup:

Or are you really taking an online, Java based, computer game that seriously?:ohnoes:
***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Who says smileys are always happy? Posted ImagePosted Image

Wessan
[ Display Name History ]

Wessan

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • RSN:Wessan
Well, I guess this thread is the best for this question:

What about teleporting in the wilderness?

I did not see anything about that. I remember a time when you could teleport from anywhere in the wilderness to a safe place outside of it. Will Jagex keep their lvl 20 wildy restriction on teleports?

wessan.png

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
I don't really see why they would change it, considering it's been the same all these years with or without the PK involved ever since they introduced the restrictions.

8f14270694.jpg

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

Actualy, I never mentioned buying anything. And may I ask, What "industry"? We are talking about a game here. Anyone who thinks Runescape is anything other than a game eather works for Jagex (It's there business), Is praying on people who are to lazy or unwilling to play the game and thus get whatever it is they want (RWT), or are in need of psychological help. It's a GAME. If you want antifire pots, do what it takes to make them. Or be willing to pay the price to those who did the "work" and made them for you. But don't got all bet out of shape becouse some people want to play the game in a diferant way than you do. If they want to prentend that they are some kind of Runescape Walmart or something, let them. Just play the game and ignore them. Everything in this game can be had by anyone willing to to do what it takes to go get it. That's the whole point of playing. To earn the rewards in exchange for the effort you put in.

And this brings me back to the question I asked before. What "drought in supplies"? What is the reason for you not being able to play the game and not get or make what you want? Is the game to hard? Is it to boring to do the "work"?Do you not know how to do it? The guides here on Tip.it are exelant in helping with that.:thumbsup:

Or are you really taking an online, Java based, computer game that seriously?:ohnoes:

I spy someone who never learned basic economics.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Wessan
[ Display Name History ]

Wessan

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • RSN:Wessan

I don't really see why they would change it, considering it's been the same all these years with or without the PK involved ever since they introduced the restrictions.

Yea, I just dont remember when it was made impossible to tele past wilderness lvl 20, so figured it may be something changed.

wessan.png

That_Brown_Kid
[ Display Name History ]

That_Brown_Kid

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • RSN:Agent G F
  • RSN2:e4sy m4c
everybody irl that I know who played rs (big time pkrs) in 2007 and is coming back said they are going to be buying gold... I keep telling them they'll get owned...

Anyways, i believe an inactive friend of mine has a santa that I could use \:D/ .

2/1/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

Lux_Tenebrae
[ Display Name History ]

Lux_Tenebrae

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • RSN:Lux Tenebrae
  • Clan:COE

I spy someone who never learned basic economics.

And I spy people who can't answer simple questions without resorting to silly comments.
So I give up and leave you with this. Have fun.
http://www.addiction...dex.aspx?AID=43
Posted Image
***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Who says smileys are always happy? Posted ImagePosted Image

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn... Sooooo many questions that should have been answered, and weren't... :|

Ah well, I might have to start looking at price lookup lists again like those that once existed on Zybez, and they're not a first choice for 'places to look' for me. Heck, I wonder if our semi-cool Tip.It Forums Admins will bring back all those nifty old market sections that were once here on these forums? :huh:

~D. V. "Soooo many things to wonder about, things sometimes better set in stone..." Devnull
Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dexek
Darn, a vast majority of these questions had already been answered in the PvP thread on the RSOF. Interesting nonetheless, I suppose.

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body

And I spy people who can't answer simple questions without resorting to silly comments.
So I give up and leave you with this. Have fun.
http://www.addiction...dex.aspx?AID=43
Posted Image

There is no possible way to argue with somebody with your level of ignorance. Even online games have a resemblance of industry and economy, and if you refuse to aknowledge that, you're simply not worth discussing with.
Posted Image

Miner_Guy
[ Display Name History ]

Miner_Guy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 762 posts
  • RSN:Minerguy281
wait so i have had my other account of my friends list for 3 years which means we r long term friends so if i go on rs wiv 1 an my friend goes on the other they wont be able to tell between friends or rwt so surely rwt peeps can do that?
Posted Image

FIREWORKS
[ Display Name History ]

FIREWORKS

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • RSN:lox

Saying " There are no "merchanting clans"' is kind of like saying there are no private e-mail accounts. Just becouse you haven't been invited into one dose not mean they are not around.

BTW What "drought in supplies" are you talking about? I've never been told the all the fish in any fishing spot where all gone. The trees "grow" back at the same rate no matter what you do with them afterwards. The sand boxes for making glass are allways full. The rocks are as slow to mine now as they where brfore. What have you missed out on?

:rolleyes:
Somebody doesn't know how basic industry works.

Not a big surprise, from somebody who thinks buying out X item to cause an artificial supply/deman imbalance is "merchanting". Don't worry bro, nobody will miss the guys buying out antifire potions. Free trading is coming, your fate is sealed, banned or not.

What does the whole thing have to do with the fact that the game's java based ? would you take it more seriously if it was written in c++ ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users