Wilderness and Free Trade Interview!!! - Answers On First Post!

n_odie

What will happen to your items when your gravestone disappears? Will the items disappear as currently or will they become visible and pickable for other players too?

What will happen to the brawling gloves and PVP-drops such as vestas, corrupt dragon etc.? Mainly my point is, how will you get these items after the update, if you get them at all.

Reiskade.png

~Council of Northern Gods~

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been repeated but:

Did you, as most people suspect, start work on this Free Trade & Wilderness update BEFORE even doing the poll? I highly doubt that this massive, game changing update can be organised, done and QA'd in 2 weeks.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Will you consider relocate abyss runecrafting wizard near Edgeville? The reason why I'm asking because near edgeville is pvper favorite area, and back then people didn't have summoning and powerful equipment. Now people have higher prayer, summoning, better herblore potion, more powerful weapon and armor exist. (Please keep it near Edgeville if relocating)

Hacked 10 years old account, permamently quit if Jagex doesn't return items.

ventuzz.png

Are you planning to do anything with duel tournaments at all?

Are you bringing PJing and tag teaming back?

What will happen to those who PK wearing untradable items?

Will PVP armour be removed from the game?

Are you still keeping the hiscores?

Will teleblock remain a spell for F2P?

imagangster.png

Will teleblock remain a spell for F2P?

Since pkers won't have EP losses to discourage teleporting, I'd like them to make a "Teleblock Skulled" spell. It's a level 25 spell, however you must be skulled to cast it, and can only be cast on skulled players.

It makes abyss running MUCH more dangerous, but I skillers will like it as catching abyss pkers becomes easier also.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

With the GE's price limits disappearing, will you still be displaying some sort of "suggested price" for an item? Unlike with the auction house of a certain popular MMO, you can't actually see the prices others ask for their stuff, so people might feel a bit lost without some sort of price suggestions being available.

Edit: seems this was already answered in the Free Trade Q&A on the RSOF, nvm.

Rumours are abound that you, jagex, are doing this as a way to get more money at the expense of the player community.

All I ask is this: are you doing it because the players want it, or because the payers want it?

Allowing free trade will bring more bots and RWT to the game. I have no doubt you can deal with them better then in 2007, but if things do get as bad, or worse, as what made you remove free trade in the first place, is it an option to undo this and re-remove free trade? Or is it final?

Will free trade mean the GE is still the centre of all trading, or simply be an addition to old style trading?

Or is it something that the players will end up defining, even if unintentionally.

One small thought, large discussions: will you remove buy limits (aka, cant buy more then 5000 of item x every 4 hours) from the GE?

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Hey I've got these questions about the wildy:

1. When the old wildy come back, how are you going to deal with drops? What I mean by this is are you simply going to get what your deceased opponent was wearing/holding, or will you have a chance of getting items they did not have on them. E.g; my opponent is wearing full rune, I kill him, do I have a chance of getting dragon plate legs or even just a black d'hide body?

2. You say your going to relocate revs and mini-games/quests that are located in the wild, when you say this, do you mean create a new land, (e.g an island,) for them or are you perhaps simply going to move them to somewhere already known on RuneScape. But let's face it, were hopefully not going to see revs patrolling the streets of lumbridge are we?

3. How are you going to prevent people abusing the item lending option, to simply get a free weapon that may cost millions, (e.g dragon claws/ any godsword,) and kill players who actually have to buy there weapons. For example; you are lvl 75 (approx.) with level 60 attack, strength, defence and hitpoints. Now not many level 75's have 25 mill, to my knowing, to spend on d claws. Now lets say you have these two players. Both level 75 with 60 attack, strength and defence; one bought a dragon dagger for around 30-40k. The other borrowed dragon claws for a couple of hours. Now obviously the player with dragon claws has a clear advantage. But now lets say the player with the dragon dagger, unbelievably won the battle. What has the d claws player lost, nothing, but if the dragon dagger player lost then he may of lost something he had to work for. Now this is an extreme analogy, but I'm sure you can see my reasoning?

4. When the old wildy come's back will a player always keep his 3 most valuable items if he dies from a Pk, or will he loose everything? Will you go back to the old skull method, where unless a player ATTACKS another he or she will keep there 3 most valuable items?

5. Finally, I would appreciate, (if you not doing so already,) that you will write the full laws of the wildy in an article, so player's know if they will loose all there items, keep there 3 most valuable ones, etc...

I have these questions about free trade:

1. You say there will be unlimited trade, but then how will you be able to know when players are using gold generating bots, and giving them to other accounts?

2. Are you planning on keeping the g.e's max and lowest price? I think a good system would be to keep these, so players have a guide line on how much to buy/sell for, but they can be bypassed, so if the max price for a weapon is 50k you can click the max price button to get to that amount, but if you wanted to sell it for 60k, you still have that option?

3. Are you going to find a new use for quest points? Because once free trade come's back they will be useless in that sense. I think it would be a nice touch to give them a new meaning. I'll leave that open for you guys to think about.

Thank you very much for reading my questions. =)

From, a dedicated member.

P.S are you going to do anything with shop stocks/ prices. I would love to see the shops back to their former state where there would be an unlimited stock of that item and the price doesn't rise!!!

Not sure if it's already been asked here, but:

Whats happening to GE upper/lower limits? I don't fancy having to look up the price of wool on the forums, then placing an offer in the Grand exchange to find that nobody will sell to me at that price.

Or will we have the current system, but if nobody wants to sell at the GE price, they can just sell it for a different price on the street. This, come to think of it, would be pretty effective.

Also, what's happening to coinshare? (And lootshare?)

2v8sgvs.png

Will trades be able to hold unlimited value (as opposed to the imposed 2 billion limit)?

The only reason this limit is in place is become Java systems (No matter what kind) Can't support any number over 2,481,000 or something like that. That's why xp limits go up to 2billion, and if you get over 2billion of an item, it takes a second inventory space.

No, that is not true. The reason you cannot have more than 2,147,483,647 items, is because that is the maximum value of an int in Java.

In Java, there are primitive data types such as: bytes (127), shorts (32,767), ints (2,147,483,64), longs (9,223,372,036,854,775,807), doubles (1.79769313486231570x10308d), and more.

The reason ints are used, is because ints are the easiest value to calculate in the average CPU. To use a larger primitive data type would take more space, therefor slowing the game or costing more money on servers.

P.S. Java is a programming language, not a system, there is only one kind of Java language.

Ok, no need to get so mad. I accidently put 2m instead of 2b, and I only said that because of what I've heard. I'm not a computer geek, so don't vent all your anger on me. I was just going off of what I have heard and read.

Firstly, I am interested to know how many of the accounts were created just for voting purposes? I know that there were a lot of people creating new accounts and voting more than once. My reason for this is, PVP is similar to the old wildy and over the years, I did not see those worlds crawling with a lot of people. So why, all of a sudden is the vote overwelmingly in favour for the wildy?

Secondly, why cant the wildy just be created in the PVP worlds? If those worlds become over crowded, add some more.

I know that a few of the D&Ds will be removed from the wildy but what will happen to those that wont be removed? Are the people that do not want to risk things (that play the game alone and are not in clans) going to be disadvantaged because they cannot complete their clue scrolls, etc?

Thanks,

Firstly, I am interested to know how many of the accounts were created just for voting purposes? I know that there were a lot of people creating new accounts and voting more than once. My reason for this is, PVP is similar to the old wildy and over the years, I did not see those worlds crawling with a lot of people. So why, all of a sudden is the vote overwelmingly in favour for the wildy?

Secondly, why cant the wildy just be created in the PVP worlds? If those worlds become over crowded, add some more.

I know that a few of the D&Ds will be removed from the wildy but what will happen to those that wont be removed? Are the people that do not want to risk things (that play the game alone and are not in clans) going to be disadvantaged because they cannot complete their clue scrolls, etc?

Thanks,

Your first question I think would be great if Jagex gave us a full breakdown of results.

Jagex (or MMH)

What did member votes in this poll look like?

What did f2p votes look like?

How many accounts were created, and voted after the poll was announced?

Of older accounts, what do the votes for accounts created after free trade was removed? The accounts that existed before?

Although the poll was rigged, I think it can still shed light on the acceptance of free trade and wilderness.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

"You" is refering to "Jagex"

1) Are you still keeping G.E? Or will the oldschool trading come back?

2) Will the trade window still say "100000" wealth transfer to me/you etc, Or willl you bring back the old trade windows? (No blinking stuff when you remove an item and such)

3) How can you be so sure that RWT, Luring and scamming wont be a problem?

4) How will you handle botters, scammers, lurers and RWT'ers?

5) Will wildy be as before, in every world?

6) When somebody dies from a monster, will nearby players be able to pick up the players items?

7) Do you regret making the changes in first place?

8) How many players did you loose after making the trade limit, wildy changes?

9) Will duel arena and unlimited staking come back? (Please say yes ....)

Best Regards

Zz_Merch

-What will happen to brawling gloves? Will they be removed or have the xp nerfed or kept as they are but usable in wildy. Me and loads of other people have tons of these gloves banked and we need to know if we have to use them all up before feb 1st.

-You said revanents will be relocated, where too? Are they gonna be the new source of pvp gear (vesta morrigans etc)

-Will summoning add to your combat level when in wildy without a pouch? Hopefully the system for combat level from pvp/bh will be used in wildy.

-Will their be any restrictions in wildy? Will things like overloads and chaotic be banned or will it just be all out bring whatever you want? Will the wildy ditch oops I mean wall work like old bh craters, when you couldn't bring cash or non combat stuff in to stop rwt?

-What things in wildy are going to be relocated? Will wildy be put back to how it was pre 07 with boneyard etc. Where will corp be moved to?

-Will pvp worlds be kept? They would be awesome with full drops.

I could ask a lot more lol but these are the ones I think we need to know the most. Cheers :shades:

Bbk.png

Guest Melvinkooi

How about summoning in the wildy, can we have the combat split when you don't have a familar summoned in the wildy? (Ex. Walk here L6hf (level: 122+5))

Simple questions, perhaps repeated but i'll say it.

1. "Jagex, to what extent have you resolved the issue of real world trading (RWT) and the associated credit card issues that you had before and how will this impact on the re-introduction of the 'old' wilderness?"

2. "Will duelling be reinstated as before?"

3. "Will tradeable items that have been dropped be up for grabs?"

4. "Is there any possibility that you will allow off-line RWT?"

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

For the skillers point of view i would like to know what will happen to the abyss runecrafting since pk'er are alot more powerful now then they were back in 07.

Will it be relocated or perhaps make the ditch go up around the mage, leaving it at the same place but OUTside the wildy?

If it gets relocated please make it so banking wont be to annoying :)

Will staking have default templates, say:

Melee #1 default which is only melee, no movement, special attack, nothing else.

Boxing - Only fists can be used, no movement or anything else.

to make it fairer and less people cheat staking?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png