Wilderness and Free Trade Interview!!! - Answers On First Post!

n_odie

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will untradeable items be handled? Will people be able to return to where they died in the wilderness and retrieve them as in 2007?

Does Jagex feel some of Runescape's new features of Runescape (for example, dragon claws and ancient curses) will have big enough impacts on things such as mage arena or clue scrolls enough to move them from the wilderness? People managed to deal with the possibility of being 1 hit by someone with a DDS who is 40 levels higher than them, surely these features couldn't make it much harder?

Will Korasi be nerfed?

Which tree is the mightiest in the whole of Runescape? Also, are we able to cut it down with a herring?

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Will trades be able to hold unlimited value (as opposed to the imposed 2 billion limit)?

The only reason this limit is in place is become Java systems (No matter what kind) Can't support any number over 2,481,000 or something like that. That's why xp limits go up to 2billion, and if you get over 2billion of an item, it takes a second inventory space.

There are rumours that many players have hacked "Old Runescape" accounts such as the 2k list (the list of the first 2,000 Runescape players). It has been mentioned that these players are planning to strip these accounts of their rares and valuables the moment that free trade is implemented. This is without a doubt a concern for the majority of players who don't want to see our gift (being the re-introduction of free trade) abused by others. Are precautions being taken against these hackers?

I am also curious about:

- Will random drop tables of small low worth items still exist in PvP? (Hope not)

- Will the combat level system of Main CB + Summ CB (126+12) continue to exist in PvP?

- What will be removed from the wilderness and what will remain? Will remaining activites have boosted experience to make them worthwhile or remain the same? (Abyss/Penguins/Stars/Agility)

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

World 6 Riot! we pay we say! <-- Hey that old trick and seem'd to have finally worked :thumbup:

When saying about moving certain content out of the wild does this included the Zamorak Mage? Green Dragons? Etc or due to the fact they were there before the removal will they stay?

Unrelated to the Wild and free trading but related to what has happened, do you see the RuneScape Community deciding whether or not old content should return in the future?

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

There are rumours that many players have hacked "Old Runescape" accounts such as the 2k list (the list of the first 2,000 Runescape players). It has been mentioned that these players are planning to strip these accounts of their rares and valuables the moment that free trade is implemented. This is without a doubt a concern for the majority of players who don't want to see our gift (being the re-introduction of free trade) abused by others. Are precautions being taken against these hackers?

I am also curious about:

- Will random drop tables of small low worth items still exist in PvP? (Hope not)

- Will the combat level system of Main CB + Summ CB (126+12) continue to exist in PvP?

- What will be removed from the wilderness and what will remain? Will remaining activites have boosted experience to make them worthwhile or remain the same? (Abyss/Penguins/Stars/Agility)

1.) No.

2.) Yes.

3.) Abyss and agility arena were there pre 08 you know, no reason why they would be removed now

and pengs and stars will likely be moved.

You seem to know quite a bit.

When did you start working for Jagex?

debian.png

I am also curious about:

1.) No.

2.) Yes.

3.) Abyss and agility arena were there pre 08 you know, no reason why they would be removed now

and pengs and stars will likely be moved.

Thanks. I guess I accidentally posted on the Ring_World Interview thread. My bad.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

When looking at the voting that occurred, can you give us a bit of a breakdown on how the votes happend? Specifically I'm interested in how many accounts that were created after the vote was announced voted? How many members voted for/against? How many accounts that were inactive for years voted. Allowing some transparency in these areas might give this vote something that, to me, it was lacking: legitimacy.

Thanks,

Msottement

Edit: Will all that is in the wildy now be available without the pvp aspect? I have grown to love treasure trails, but will be very saddened if I have to deal with pvp just to do a distraction.

RecruitmentCard.png

"When you find yourself in the presence of the absence of the wrong thing, it can't not be right."

Many resources in the wilderness are outdated.

Originally, the wilderness was the only place to mine rune ores.

One of the few places with numerous coal/mithril/adamant ore spawns.

But most of these resources, save a few exceptions such as green dragons, have become outdated

are there any plans to bring back incentives to skill in the wilderness aside from brawling gloves?

+1 Support to this question.

When looking at the voting that occurred, can you give us a bit of a breakdown on how the votes happend? Specifically I'm interested in how many accounts that were created after the vote was announced voted? How many members voted for/against? How many accounts that were inactive for years voted. Allowing some transparency in these areas might give this vote something that, to me, it was lacking: legitimacy.

Thanks,

Msottement

Totally agree. This is an abesoulte must have on the list of questions you put together, Tip.it!!!

•  
  • As a team, do you regret making the changes in the first place back in 2008 and how excited are you to bring the original aspects of the game back?
  • How many old inactive players do you expect to make a return?
  • Will there be any form of player favouritism between whose who have cotinued to play to those who stopped playing after the 2008 changes?
  • How do you plan to welcome older players back to the game? Will there be special news posts that lists some of the major additions to the game since 2008 so they are up to date with anybody else?
  • Do you plan on adding new updates which will help Rune/Ore companies ? (assuming they will return)
  • Do you plan on adding new items/resources into the wilderness to attract gatherers into the wilderness?
  • Are you still going to follow the route where you inform how dangerous the wilderness is to players but still making it temptating for them to enter it or will you follow a new protective route by trying to keep those who aren't entering the wilderness with the intention of killing other players out?
  • Will Coinshare and Item Lending be removed or changed to encourage players to use this more protective systems rather than trust between players?
  • Will there be any changes to updates that were planned before the annoucement of the return of Free Trade and Old Wilderness such as maybe moving monsters in/out of the wilderness?
  • Other than the return of FTW and the increase of bots, can you find another negative thing about the return of Free Trade and Wilderness?

I have a hundred Questions... but one that I keep asking is...

Why do they agree to host a game-wide vote now, after the free-trade, pking, duels have been abolished for some time? Would it not have been smarter to do this when there were countless protests ingame, before masses of players quit because the content they loved was removed even though 91% of the players back then hated the idea? Did jagex finally come up with a way to stop real world trading without the cap? Did the playercout drop so much that they are desperate to get the old players back? Or did they realize with junk trading and merchanting clans, the once great idea of the Grand Exchange has become corrupted and worse off than free trading was?

So... I would like to ask...

What finally made Jagex agree to give the power to the players, and open a vote for Free Trade?

150x150.png

Were the 7% of 'No' voters represented, or even though about, when you had your discussion over the weekend deciding what exactly would happen?

Can we have some form of confirmation that the way this referendum was carried out will be fixed in any future votes open to the wider player-base? (With regard to new accounts, multiple accounts, bias on the voting screen, lumping together of two updates etc.)

Will the way different demographics voted in this referendum be released for analysts to ponder over?

Will Jagex be taking a much sterner line with cheaters (RWTers, botters, hackers, scammers) etc. given how Mod Mark Gerhard admitted that they would become more of an issue?

Will Jagex be willing to introduce Wildy-free worlds in the future?

The sorts of abuse we've seen on the Runescape Forums from both sides of this debate seems to have reached unacceptable levels; will Jagex be taking more decisive action against those flaming and mindlessly insulting others in future?

My question is, how is Jagex going to work with the Treasure Trail clues that must be done or lead to the Wilderness? Will they be moved to entirely new locations or will there be a way to get to the location without having to stare at the map in paranoia every 5 seconds to make sure no pker is coming along looking for a quick kill?

I'm really interested in how Jagex is going to handles the Treasure Trails, as I love doing them, but I don't want to have to become paranoid just to do the Wilderness ones.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Will trades be able to hold unlimited value (as opposed to the imposed 2 billion limit)?

The only reason this limit is in place is become Java systems (No matter what kind) Can't support any number over 2,481,000 or something like that. That's why xp limits go up to 2billion, and if you get over 2billion of an item, it takes a second inventory space.

No, that is not true. The reason you cannot have more than 2,147,483,647 items, is because that is the maximum value of an int in Java.

In Java, there are primitive data types such as: bytes (127), shorts (32,767), ints (2,147,483,64), longs (9,223,372,036,854,775,807), doubles (1.79769313486231570x10308d), and more.

The reason ints are used, is because ints are the easiest value to calculate in the average CPU. To use a larger primitive data type would take more space, therefor slowing the game or costing more money on servers.

P.S. Java is a programming language, not a system, there is only one kind of Java language.

debian.png

What will happen to items only obtainable through PvP, like brawling gloves?

Will having friends add any additional bonus to free trade, like with trade limits, or will they be removed?

Did you know...

... that when you click on an object in the Construction Skill guide, the materials needed show up in your chat box? (Thanks to adamantcheses!)

My question is, how is Jagex going to work with the Treasure Trail clues that must be done or lead to the Wilderness? Will they be moved to entirely new locations or will there be a way to get to the location without having to stare at the map in paranoia every 5 seconds to make sure no pker is coming along looking for a quick kill?

I'm really interested in how Jagex is going to handles the Treasure Trails, as I love doing them, but I don't want to have to become paranoid just to do the Wilderness ones.

I hope they don't move them, thats one of the reasons i love clues aswell, the risk of going into the wild.

Plus you can always do what i've done before, bring dds spade and clue or if its coord clue drop spade and watch and use protection item.

My question is what will happen to personalized shops and the tzzarh shops?

We should be able to do more damage in non multi and less in multi.

In F2p its hard to kill people unless both have 20-40% hp

Can you change that?

Excuisador 90 att 46 def 99 str @ 100.89cb

Ar--edhel 84 def 85 hp 93 range 92 magic @93

FarCry - retired

Ar-edhel 99 att 99 str 99 hp 99 range 97 magic @117

Can't wait to get FT back, but not real crazy about the Wildy...had a couple of bad experiences from way back before it was removed. So, my question is, Will you be relocating the Abyss for Runecrafting and the Green Dragons?

Thank you!