Wilderness and Free Trade Interview!!! - Answers On First Post!

n_odie

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New mail-system that allows you to send items to another player using a nickname. Jagex can even keep a registry of the "mail" to prevent and rollback potential scams.

Why are all your minds confined to what already exists, and not simple solutions that could be implemented?

I'm not talking about what they should do, I'm talking about what they could've done. This rule has existed since... well, since I started playing years ago. This is why I think it was made. I agree that it's out of date, and that's probably why Jagex said they are considering it.

Not being able to use extremes is stupid. Their reason is BS, I can't see if someone has claws in inv and a full spec bar until it kills me nor can I see runes for tb/bind. If they really insist on being able to see it just make an aura or icon that tells when a person has a boost higher than super pots give. About them hitting too high, absorption stops 1-hits and if torva was a lot more common then even 2-hits would be rare for people who have it.

Anyone have links to on the other fansites jagex answered questions for?

Hameigh.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qigiA45-R4

Runescape Merchanting

Jagex BANS MERCH CLANS -- we have the beginning evidence that JAGEX is planning to BAN MERCH CLANS -- Linkbuilder is BLOCKED from following Official Jagex on Twitter! This is the beginning of the end for Organized Merchanging Clans on Runescape.

"The Jagex Clamp Down of 2011″

MASS BANNING -- PANIC -- THE MARKETS CRASH!

Some experts fear this early indicator of a Merch Clan Leader with clear restrictions imposed by Jagex, is the first warning sign of massive changes to come with the replacement of Free Trade.

Fearful whispers mention anonymous rumors of dreadful counter-measures that Jagex plans to use against known price manipulators and Merch Clan Leaders, in an effort to balance the possibility of renewed real world trading!

What Does This Mean?

IS JAGEX starting to BAN MERCH CLANS??

The Wild, Runescape PVP and Runescape Pking are coming back -- but what about the art of Merchanting?

Jagex BANS MERCH CLANS -- we have the beginning evidence that JAGEX is planning to BAN MERCH CLANS -- Linkbuilder is BLOCKED from following Official Jagex on Twitter! This is the beginning of the end for Organized Merchanging Clans on Runescape.

The Wild, Runescape PVP and Runescape Pking are coming back -- but what about the art of Merchanting?

That is awesome news. There are no "merchanting clans", and there shouldn't be. What exists right now are money hungry opportunists, who cause a drought in supplies so they can profit from the inconvenience of others.

The art of merchanting is coming back from its 2007 grave.

crossed_body.png

Not that it's impossible for Jagex be to be late to the game here, but merch clans were already doomed just from free trade returning. Without the ability to use crashed merching items as junk, manipulation clans are a zero-sum game that far fewer people will be stupid enough to take part in. No need for Jagex to step in now, they've already accomplished the disbanding of merch clans, at least in the way we think of them now.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Q: How long has the thought of returning free trade been around? Along with that, has work been done on it before the vote? ~ Danqazmlp

A: We always wanted to bring back the Wilderness but we needed to know that we could do safelyThe only work done before the vote was to see how long it would actually take to re-implement (Development/QA/graphics etc.) and what we would have to do to existing content. The list we came up was condensed down to the list of things that would probably need to happen that youve probably seen on the Referendum page.

huh.gif Jagex, we're not idiots. Stop lying to us, and just admit that most of the development was already done.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

That video just said the same thing over and over and over again. Ok we get it you think that merch clans are going to be stopped.

i like the fact that revs are the pvp droppers, and love they have there own place and no longer over the wild! but i dont like the names given to the caves :S

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Wow. I actually expected something from JaGex when they chose questions from TIF. Turns out all they did was copy and paste from the RS Q&A (barely knew anything more than what I already know)

It's the Jagex Spin Machine at work. They knew the questions you would ask just like they knew how you would vote on FT/W. They just want to make you feel like you have an active role in the process.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Runescape Merchanting

"The Jagex Clamp Down of 2011″

MASS BANNING -- PANIC -- THE MARKETS CRASH!

Some experts fear this early indicator of a Merch Clan Leader with clear restrictions imposed by Jagex, is the first warning sign of massive changes to come with the replacement of Free Trade.

Fearful whispers mention anonymous rumors of dreadful counter-measures that Jagex plans to use against known price manipulators and Merch Clan Leaders, in an effort to balance the possibility of renewed real world trading!

What Does This Mean?

IS JAGEX starting to BAN MERCH CLANS??

Because some user was banned you jumped to the conclusion they are banning merch clans? Did i miss something?

Seems like you are trying to get away with advertising rmmg <_<

jpegsigtest.jpg

The only work done before the vote was to see how long it would actually take to re-implement (Development/QA/graphics etc.) and what we would have to do to existing content.

I find this highly unlikely, if they really did all the dev and QA work for the wildy in two weeks than I'm not setting foot near there for the first week of release. There are definitely going to be loads of bugs and coding oversights from trying to overhaul a large part of the game in 2 weeks.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

That is awesome news. There are no "merchanting clans", and there shouldn't be. What exists right now are money hungry opportunists, who cause a drought in supplies so they can profit from the inconvenience of others.

The art of merchanting is coming back from its 2007 grave.

Saying " There are no "merchanting clans"' is kind of like saying there are no private e-mail accounts. Just becouse you haven't been invited into one dose not mean they are not around.

BTW What "drought in supplies" are you talking about? I've never been told the all the fish in any fishing spot where all gone. The trees "grow" back at the same rate no matter what you do with them afterwards. The sand boxes for making glass are allways full. The rocks are as slow to mine now as they where brfore. What have you missed out on?

***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

eagleglobeanchorke1.gifc975dbbbcb.png eagleglobeanchorke1.gif

violent069oe7.gif Who says smileys are always happy? gunfight32zm4.gifmortarox0.gif

Q: How long has the thought of returning free trade been around? Along with that, has work been done on it before the vote? ~ Danqazmlp

A: We always wanted to bring back the Wilderness but we needed to know that we could do safelyThe only work done before the vote was to see how long it would actually take to re-implement (Development/QA/graphics etc.) and what we would have to do to existing content. The list we came up was condensed down to the list of things that would probably need to happen that youve probably seen on the Referendum page.

huh.gif Jagex, we're not idiots. Stop lying to us, and just admit that most of the development was already done.

Even if they were lying, what do we care? This isn't going to change anything we experience in the game...

Saying " There are no "merchanting clans"' is kind of like saying there are no private e-mail accounts. Just becouse you haven't been invited into one dose not mean they are not around.

BTW What "drought in supplies" are you talking about? I've never been told the all the fish in any fishing spot where all gone. The trees "grow" back at the same rate no matter what you do with them afterwards. The sand boxes for making glass are allways full. The rocks are as slow to mine now as they where brfore. What have you missed out on?

:rolleyes:

Somebody doesn't know how basic industry works.

Not a big surprise, from somebody who thinks buying out X item to cause an artificial supply/deman imbalance is "merchanting". Don't worry bro, nobody will miss the guys buying out antifire potions. Free trading is coming, your fate is sealed, banned or not.

crossed_body.png

A: We always wanted to bring back the Wilderness but we needed to know that we could do safelyThe only work done before the vote was to see how long it would actually take to re-implement (Development/QA/graphics etc.) and what we would have to do to existing content. The list we came up was condensed down to the list of things that would probably need to happen that you've probably seen on the Referendum page.

Even if they were lying, what do we care? This isn't going to change anything we experience in the game...

It would be much nicer if Jagex's word could be trusted. If it really doesn't matter what Jagex says, why should we bother talking to them at all? If they're not respectful and honest with us, why should we be respectful and honest to them?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Am I the only one who is nervous about this;

We are also looking into new ways of punishing cheaters who buy gold

As of now, they perm ban accounts which RWT. Anything 'different' would have to be a step towards less punishment. Sounds like Jagex is transfering their approach to bots to their approach to RWTers: Wipes.

Right now, if I buy 10M gold for $20, I risk not only that $20, but also my account that I've put 100+ days into. But if Jagex goes to bank wipes, then all you're really risking is that $20. WAY less risk will lead to far more RWT, not less.

Note - I say "I" as an example. I have never, and will never endorse RWT or anything similar. It is the scum that ruined the game and offenders don't deserve to play, ever.

The only work done before the vote was to see how long it would actually take to re-implement (Development/QA/graphics etc.) and what we would have to do to existing content.

I find this highly unlikely, if they really did all the dev and QA work for the wildy in two weeks than I'm not setting foot near there for the first week of release. There are definitely going to be loads of bugs and coding oversights from trying to overhaul a large part of the game in 2 weeks.

There's not actually a huge huge amount of work to be done, I thought what you did at first then when I thought about it more. All the mini-games etc. are instanced anyway so moving those will be very easy and will require next to no QA or time spent. Getting rid of restricted trade is straight forward and really again not much testing needs to be done with it. Same with changing the wilderness to how it was before. While there are a few things that might cause problems (gravestones with free trade) and a couple of other things there's not a huge amount to do. I'm sure there will still be some bugs but it won't be anywhere near as bad as people are thinking.

Okay honestly Besides a few of those questions (just about every one was already answered on the RSOF) who really gives a ****? They give extremely vague and PREDICTABLE answers for most of them. I mean no disrespect, i commend jagex on this opportunity and all who seized it. but really, Why not get answers to questions that tread into new territory- why is everyone being so mum on staking? New rules and Organization are so necessary to bring staking back. Nobody wants to stake a party hat in an arena with (I Believe the max is 50?) 50 players in it. What blatantly comes to mind is reconfiguring the entire arena system just to make it easier for staking and finding opponents. New rules obviously are due such as Allowing DG equipment, Overloads, PVP armor, HP boosting armor, and for the sake of hybridding, even limiting inventory spaces. I've also heard that jagex didn't even make it intentional to allow people to get frozen/stuck behind obstacles and still be attacked.

At level 102 I barely have to worry about the rule problems stated above, but there are going to be a lot of sad players who get owned if they bring it back literally as it was.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

:rolleyes:

Somebody doesn't know how basic industry works.

Not a big surprise, from somebody who thinks buying out X item to cause an artificial supply/deman imbalance is "merchanting". Don't worry bro, nobody will miss the guys buying out antifire potions. Free trading is coming, your fate is sealed, banned or not.

Actualy, I never mentioned buying anything. And may I ask, What "industry"? We are talking about a game here. Anyone who thinks Runescape is anything other than a game eather works for Jagex (It's there business), Is praying on people who are to lazy or unwilling to play the game and thus get whatever it is they want (RWT), or are in need of psychological help. It's a GAME. If you want antifire pots, do what it takes to make them. Or be willing to pay the price to those who did the "work" and made them for you. But don't got all bet out of shape becouse some people want to play the game in a diferant way than you do. If they want to prentend that they are some kind of Runescape Walmart or something, let them. Just play the game and ignore them. Everything in this game can be had by anyone willing to to do what it takes to go get it. That's the whole point of playing. To earn the rewards in exchange for the effort you put in.

And this brings me back to the question I asked before. What "drought in supplies"? What is the reason for you not being able to play the game and not get or make what you want? Is the game to hard? Is it to boring to do the "work"?Do you not know how to do it? The guides here on Tip.it are exelant in helping with that.:thumbsup:

Or are you really taking an online, Java based, computer game that seriously?:ohnoes:

***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

eagleglobeanchorke1.gifc975dbbbcb.png eagleglobeanchorke1.gif

violent069oe7.gif Who says smileys are always happy? gunfight32zm4.gifmortarox0.gif

Well, I guess this thread is the best for this question:

What about teleporting in the wilderness?

I did not see anything about that. I remember a time when you could teleport from anywhere in the wilderness to a safe place outside of it. Will Jagex keep their lvl 20 wildy restriction on teleports?

wessan.png