Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Cape of acheivmment becuase it's harder to get a level 99 score for f2p than p2p.

Yeah that's been mentioned a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
What would be nice is if they give F2P the use of the whole map and let P2P keep their items, quests, skills, and false sense of superiority over the fact that they can waste $5-$7 dollars on a game. I'm sorry I don't have the money to waste on a game so that makes me a lesser player vs. members?

that's the stupidest thing i've heard in a while. that's like saying... i can afford a better car than you, so you can use it and i'll be the only one to pay for it.

members pay money to get the whole map, as with anything in life you get for what you pay for.

What would be nice is if they give F2P the use of the whole map and let P2P keep their items, quests, skills, and false sense of superiority over the fact that they can waste $5-$7 dollars on a game. I'm sorry I don't have the money to waste on a game so that makes me a lesser player vs. members?

that's the stupidest thing i've heard in a while. that's like saying... i can afford a better car than you, so you can use it and i'll be the only one to pay for it.

members pay money to get the whole map, as with anything in life you get for what you pay for.

Actually, you pay for the whole map, memebers quests, members skills, members items, and much much more. Opening up the entire map might only prove to help create more memberships. Not that I agree with 0barbarica0, except that in getting members doesn't equal a greater status.

More bank space, access to the forums.

Access to the forums? No problem, we got that now, at least if you have 12 Million Exp points.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

The bank space I would definitely support. More generally, I have to wonder why Jagex honestly needs such a restriction at all. I mean, I can see maybe people hoarding to much and bogging down the server, but maybe you could introduce a system that gives bank space for experience? so players with a large amount of playing time and investment in their skills, who naturally require more bank space could have it, instead of having to organize, constantly manage, or periodically sell the contents of one's bank.

damoon3hi7.png

The bank space I would definitely support. More generally, I have to wonder why Jagex honestly needs such a restriction at all. I mean, I can see maybe people hoarding to much and bogging down the server, but maybe you could introduce a system that gives bank space for experience? so players with a large amount of playing time and investment in their skills, who naturally require more bank space could have it, instead of having to organize, constantly manage, or periodically sell the contents of one's bank.

Though I never had bank space problems (working on one skill a a time leaves me with 10+ free spots) I do like the idea of getting a bit more bank space based on experience.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Though I never had bank space problems (working on one skill a a time leaves me with 10+ free spots) I do like the idea of getting a bit more bank space based on experience.

Yeah, I have 10 spots right now, working on mining/smithing, so I don't have current issues with bank sizes... But as long as the new spaces are earned some way, I would be okay with it.

• 4 weeks later...

More customer service.

F2P makes up a large portion of players, and it would be highly helpful if there was a e-mail link or even a phone number for help/assistance.

jesus.png

They tried customer service, but after the big wilderness update, they had to shut it down from all the spam and hate mail they got. Now F2P has to wait to post on the forums to get customer support.

Well, as a company I do think they need at least some way to provide help for their customers besides a simple "report this" button.

jesus.png

Hmmm, Why can't F2P have the ability to stop complaining about the game and apprieciate what they got already? It's a FREE game, sure, it's harder than the P2P version, but it's FREE. All I see everyday is arrogant f2pers whining for more and more, it seems when f2p gets a few updates they are somewhat satistified for a few days and then they ask for more. *sigh*

Hmmm, Why can't F2P have the ability to stop complaining about the game and apprieciate what they got already? It's a FREE game, sure, it's harder than the P2P version, but it's FREE. All I see everyday is arrogant f2pers whining for more and more, it seems when f2p gets a few updates they are somewhat satistified for a few days and then they ask for more. *sigh*

In the case of a thread like this, it is mostly for fun, to see what F2P wants. However, I do see too much complaining from my fellow free players about our content. I am quite happy with what we have, even though I would LIKE to see a few more things given to us.

In the case of a thread like this, it is mostly for fun, to see what F2P wants. However, I do see too much complaining from my fellow free players about our content. I am quite happy with what we have, even though I would LIKE to see a few more things given to us.

To unkn0wn: I agree.

A few things could be given to F2P, as long as it's not full out switching half of member's content to F2P.

To Dz:It seems the only reason P2P'ers like to give is "Because you don't pay."

True, we aren't paying. But then again, there would be no members if there weren't first free players, since Runescape first started out F2P only. And i'm not trying to attack anyone, just throw forth some stuff on the table ::'

jesus.png

A few things could be given to F2P, as long as it's not full out switching half of member's content to F2P.

True, we aren't paying. But then again, there would be no members if there weren't first free players, since Runescape first started out F2P only. And i'm not trying to attack anyone, just throw forth some stuff on the table ::'

Pfft. I call it RSOF logic, some arrogant f2pers seem to think 'It's obsolete in p2p anyways, therefore it must be f2p!', that's just idiotic. And a pretty significant number of f2pers DO say that.

Pfft. I call it RSOF logic, some arrogant f2pers seem to think 'It's obsolete in p2p anyways, therefore it must be f2p!', that's just idiotic. And a pretty significant number of f2pers DO say that.

This is a thread on what F2P wants, not a thread on why they shiuldn't have it. So seriously, back off. Just because your a member, doesn't mean you have the right to say what they can and cannot have.

I'm a member and hell, give F2P more stuff, aint changing my mind of cancelling my membership.

GG.gif

You're pretty arrogant in thinking you have just cause to bash a 3 year old thread just because you walk in and see a thread of what F2Per's want. What's the point? What do you gain in making yourself look like an idiot?

Your flaming is what I call "RSOF logic".

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

[hide=]

Hmmm, Why can't F2P have the ability to stop complaining about the game and apprieciate what they got :oops: already? It's a FREE game, sure, it's harder than the P2P version, but it's FREE. All I see everyday is arrogant f2pers whining for more and more, it seems when f2p gets a few updates they are somewhat satistified for a few days and then they ask for more. *sigh*
[/hide]

Now rephrased:

Hmmm, Why can't P2P have the ability to stop complaining about F2P getting updates :oops: already? It's a PAID game, sure, it's easier than the F2P version, but it's PAID. All I see everyday is arrogant p2pers whining about Jagex not releasing as much P2P only content as they expected. it seems when F2P gets a few updates, members don't realise that content geared towards F2P is also geared towards P2P and then the latter asks for more. *sigh*

Oh one more thing:

[quote name="MMG, on http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1648"]Free game isn't merely a demo for the members version

Last but not least:

once you pay Jagex $5, it's their money. They can spend it on whatever they like, including (but not limited to) updates for Members, updates for Freeplay, updates to the forum, system updates, and all that stuff.

^This was taken from the thread regarding RSOF access for high-level Free Players.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

You're pretty arrogant in thinking you have just cause to bash a 3 year old thread just because you walk in and see a thread of what F2Per's want. What's the point? What do you gain in making yourself look like an idiot?

Your flaming is what I call "RSOF logic".

What's the point? The point of my post is that it's sickening to see lots of idiotic posts about what 'f2p deserves' and 'f2p needs', seriously, f2p doesn't 'deserve' anything, they're playing a free game. I do not gain anything as I do not look like a 'idiot', think before you speak, fool. Flaming me isn't exactly supporting your argument either.

I do not in any way think that F2Pers have no right to have the mentioned items/features, I just don't believe they deserve it. Got it? Good.

I do not in any way think that F2Pers have no right to have the mentioned items/features, I just don't believe they deserve it. Got it? Good.

Alright, fair enough, however this thread isn't about that. It's about F2P players just saying what they want. The things in this thread shouldn't even be taken seriously, it's almost like a whimsical version of a F2P rant. What you're doing is, in a sense, trolling. The context of this thread is quite clear, however you insist on posting comments like this.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Alright, fair enough, however this thread isn't about that. It's about F2P players just saying what they want. The things in this thread shouldn't even be taken seriously, it's almost like a whimsical version of a F2P rant. What you're doing is, in a sense, trolling. The context of this thread is quite clear, however you insist on posting comments like this.

Uhmmm, I was demonstrating a point? Calling me a troll? Rofl. I posted a single comment, it wasn't troll, yet some idiots insisted on flaming me for it. Eugh.

Uhmmm, I was demonstrating a point? Calling me a troll? Rofl. I posted a single comment, it wasn't troll, yet some idiots insisted on flaming me for it. Eugh.

My calling you arrogant is flaming?

Secondly, why insist on "demonstrating your point" here? If YOU were to stop and think a minute, by posting that F2P is arrogant and that we should "have the ability to stop complaining" and that our way of thinking is idiotic IN A THREAD that's based around what F2P wants, you're just asking to be flamed. Or called an idiot. Or start an argument. Hence; trolling.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png