Dungeoneering Tips and Tricks

Bassy

Don't be afraid to die!

It is a team game/skill after all.

For example, you're out of prayer, no altar and not enough to build one, don't just hide in a safe room waiting for others to clear. Go help at GDs, and take one for the team!

You'll lose like what? 9k exp on your average large? pish.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, lots to comment on here.

First, very good guide. I learned a few things, even though I like to think I know a few things about dg (although 79 isn't that high, lul). I really liked your style. You came across as intelligent w/o being elitist, something the 3bo people and the w117 kids all need to work on (in different ways ofc).

I got a ssh from an abandoned 2 c6 med solo once (exit after revealing most rooms and boss to save time). However, I stupidly unbound it. Later I was dging with friends (5:5 larges) when I found one. Occult 5:5 larges with hooded teammates is what I would suggest (definitely better than solo aba 2 floors).

Mage is obv very good on demons and warriors, but that's it. So it does have some use. :^_^: Blaster (snare ring iirc?) is actually very good on rammernaut for low lv dgers, since he is otherwise unbindable. Might also work well on Dreadnaught.

Is spear>ba, even with zerker ring? I've heard differently, but I can't say I know from experience. (Ik most people use 2h, ofc). Primal spear looks really cool, I'll give it that. :shades:

In response to boss strats: I personally would appreciate some info on ballak and occult bosses. You know, some details that you wouldn't get just by looking at the wiki. Others probly would like that too.

You should add the following to your "how to start an argument" section:

When fighting Lexicus, constantly spam the text "Book Barrage!" and then spam 'lol' when your team panics. When fighting Thundrous, spam "Come Closer!" and watch everyone freak out.

*Do this at your own discretion. I am not responsible if you get kicked.*

td2sig.jpg

Made something I think might help beginning keyers and players in general.

It's a PSD containing all the keys as layers, ordered by colours in folders. It's just a matter of moving them to where the door is - pretty easy to use (everyone has Photoshop nowadays, anyway).

Here's the link: http://www.filedropper.com/dghelpmap

It looks pretty much like this:

ayn29y.png

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

Made something I think might help beginning keyers and players in general.

It's a PSD containing all the keys as layers, ordered by colours in folders. It's just a matter of moving them to where the door is - pretty easy to use (everyone has Photoshop nowadays, anyway).

Here's the link: http://www.filedropper.com/dghelpmap

It looks pretty much like this:

ayn29y.png

That's quite nice, but isnt it easier to use a site? I use this one (well not really, but I have it open when I key just in case):

http://www.desolatecarnage.net/rs/dung.htm

If I knew it existed! But I like having the layout match the actual map.

What would really be awesome is something like that written in C#, and network based, so the whole team could be in sync.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

@Helm_Lardar

If you feel like dealing with shenanigans, by all means please try world 117. But seriously, I think the consensus is to solo your way up into the 50's, and then start trying the teams. I think it'd be more efficient to just do Dungeons of any size really with friends, as it's more likely to be an enjoyable experience.

@Everyone

Just added a Basic Keying section, this will be followed by an Advanced Keying section as soon as I get back home tonight. The Lingo section is up at the end, and the Complexity 1 tips have been moved (let's see if you can find it :grin: ). Hopefully this will give you guys some tips as soon as it's up. Thanks for all of the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone else that hates beast of burdens :D Yea really good guide, it should defo be encouraged for ppl to keep keyer's invent open as it saves so much time and allows you to report relevant info/keep an eye on ggs much better. Also found it good fun to read, nice one :)

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Would like to add the following tip (fresh of a crap floor):

Don't overwork yourself and be your team's slave. If your team sucks s*** from a straw, in most cases there's little to be done about it (they aren't as smart as parrots, or baboons, and can't be taught things as easily).

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

If it's okay with you, I'm going to link to this guide in the DGS thread.

That's completely fine, I'm honored. :thumbsup:

I'm unsure what to add at this point because there's a point where it gets crowded. But. Nonetheless, I'm considering boss strategies and some links to handy things such as a solver to the runecrafting tile puzzle that a friend found. Keep the feedback coming guys it's really appreciated. :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Did some re-formatting, centered some things to make some sections appear a bit more separate and organized. Also added an argument to the arguments section due to a few recent experiences.

As soon as I start DG'ing hardcore again, I'll start taking pictures for boss strategies. School's been a bit tough time-wise lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bassy, just wanted to offer a little critique. ;)

In your rings section, remove any mention of tactician and tank. Keyers should be on offensive rings and should only use gatherer (which is better than tank for keying, by the way) if they don't have a csb/hex. So in conclusion, your rings should look like this:

1. Primary:

-Berserker.

2. Secondary:

- Blazer is better than blitzer from t1 to t9, but blitzer is better raw DPS at t10. However, blazer is better for kiting. Thus, use blitzer, but switch to blazer for dreadnaught.

- Hex users should use sniper. Desperado's effect does not stack with the hex effect on mobs. Furthermore, ammo conservation is an issue for hex users, so the slower fire rate of sniper helps a little. Sniper is also better, tactically, for sniping (no pun I swear) mages in GDs and bad puzzle rooms.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Updated the ring section, merci /obt/ pour les idées.

Honestly I apologize folks, this semester is kicking my rear end. It ends in 3 weeks, so only then will I be able to work on boss strats or new sections. For now, there's just going to be some updates to already-existing stuff. Until then, please keep the feedback coming, I do read it. :shades:

In your rings section, remove any mention of tactician and tank. Keyers should be on offensive rings and should only use gatherer (which is better than tank for keying, by the way) if they don't have a csb/hex. So in conclusion, your rings should look like this:

1. Primary:

-Berserker.

2. Secondary:

- Blazer is better than blitzer from t1 to t9, but blitzer is better raw DPS at t10. However, blazer is better for kiting. Thus, use blitzer, but switch to blazer for dreadnaught.

- Hex users should use sniper. Desperado's effect does not stack with the hex effect on mobs. Furthermore, ammo conservation is an issue for hex users, so the slower fire rate of sniper helps a little. Sniper is also better, tactically, for sniping (no pun I swear) mages in GDs and bad puzzle rooms.

To add to the blazer vs blitzer debate: I've seen blazer "speccing" when the normal hit splashed: so it seems that blazer can spec independedly from magic accuracy (where blitzer is affected by accuracy)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

1. Primary:

-Berserker.

2. Secondary:

To add to the blazer vs blitzer debate: I've seen blazer "speccing" when the normal hit splashed: so it seems that blazer can spec independedly from magic accuracy (where blitzer is affected by accuracy)

Yeah, this is true, which means blazer is also better for necrolord.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.