Dungeoneering Tips and Tricks

Bassy

In short, you should get both of them to t10 eventually, and I'd actually argue it may be worth it to get both of them before t10 berserker. Higher % chances make a bigger difference than a 1% strength bonus at that token cost, especially the 100% chance of faster cast rate with t10 Blitzer.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blazer is pretty rarely used once you have t10 blitzer. Unless you plan to have a surge forever (ie never get a hex), I don't think I'd t10 two magic rings. T9 blazer works fine for the 3-4 times a reset I pull it out.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

You should note...

Denk - Dead End With Key

Dewk - Dead End With Key

HT - Home Teleport

These are all terms that you don't have down and are used in every dungeon, and I know I didn't know what denk meant when I first heard it.

Done. Oh the irony of attempting to explain complex subjects only to forget the simple ones. :grin:

I loved the guide, any sugestions on soloing?

Do exactly what you do in a team. You're the only player, hence you're the only keyer.

Solo meds are a decent way to practice keying and gating skills.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hey Bassy, just wanted to offer a little critique. ;)

In your rings section, remove any mention of tactician and tank. Keyers should be on offensive rings and should only use gatherer (which is better than tank for keying, by the way) if they don't have a csb/hex. So in conclusion, your rings should look like this:

1. Primary:

-Berserker.

2. Secondary:

- Blazer is better than blitzer from t1 to t9, but blitzer is better raw DPS at t10. However, blazer is better for kiting. Thus, use blitzer, but switch to blazer for dreadnaught.

- Hex users should use sniper. Desperado's effect does not stack with the hex effect on mobs. Furthermore, ammo conservation is an issue for hex users, so the slower fire rate of sniper helps a little. Sniper is also better, tactically, for sniping (no pun I swear) mages in GDs and bad puzzle rooms.

To add to the blazer vs blitzer debate: I've seen blazer "speccing" when the normal hit splashed: so it seems that blazer can spec independedly from magic accuracy (where blitzer is affected by accuracy)

Of course Blazer is still speccing, it's an over time effect.

At T10 blazer, every other hit will deal 50% more damage, over time though. So if you hit a 200, and blazer kicks in, it'll hit 5 individual 20's after that, regardless of future hits.

Blazer specs can also stack, as in, you can get it to spec on the 200, and then it also specs on your next hit, which is say, 150. You will see both 20's, and 15's going off together.

Blitzer suffers if you are not in optimal maging situations, the only situation like that though is NecroLord, because all other situations, if you're still maging....something is wrong with you.

As far as bosses go,

Blazer is better for NecroLord,

Blitzer is better for Hope

I'd rate them even on Dread. I don't find myself running around as much as most people on dread, even when I do run, i still try to maintain my Blitzer speed, because I know he'll soon switch anyways, so you really don't need to run that far. But I know not everyone can judge when to click, to even have Blitzer going at it's optimal speed.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You should note...

Denk - Dead End With Key

Dewk - Dead End With Key

HT - Home Teleport

These are all terms that you don't have down and are used in every dungeon, and I know I didn't know what denk meant when I first heard it.

Done. Oh the irony of attempting to explain complex subjects only to forget the simple ones. :grin:

Yeah :P but i made a typo, Denk is Dead End NO Key, which you caught but I wanted to point out my own error :P

Completely forgot about my notes tab, put that in there just before the complexity 1. It's saved me loads of time before I had the potion ingredients and levels memorized.

Tank Ring section gone.

New note for plate-wearers in the Monolith section

Changed the Ramokee section to better address current trends.

Happy 7k views. :thumbsup:

I always link this guide to newb dungeoneer friends.

It really helps them out, very nice guide ! :)

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

Very nice guide. I also lol'd a couple of times while reading. :P

I have been practicing keying alot lately and I haven't gotten much better at it. They always seem to last 22-25 mins (practicing on meds). Any ideas?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Congratulations! After consideration by the PMG moderating team, your guide has been deemed worthy of AOW status! :thumbsup:

Personally I've really enjoyed reading your guide, lots of great pointers and tips in there!

Congratulations! After consideration by the PMG moderating team, your guide has been deemed worthy of AOW status! :thumbsup:

Personally I've really enjoyed reading your guide, lots of great pointers and tips in there!

Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Great guide, I found it funny to read even though I already knew about 90% of the stuff in it already :P (taught myself)

Personally for starting an argument I also like to use the phrase "Dewnk" - Dead end with no key, confuses the keyer usually since a lot of them are just used to Denk or Dewk :)

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

• 1 month later...