which kuradel tasks to block?

Hav0c0wnz

Why block kalphites? If you are a high enough level to use Kuradel, kalphites are a great cannoning task, as well as quick and decent xp. Plus decent blue charms.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

black dragons ( depending on your preferences, i hate them)

i also have fire giants blocked

and kalphites aren't a good task because they dont spawn fast enough...

Blocking is highly subjective, tasks should be blocked on the basis of "gah, I can't stand this task, can't wait 'till it's over" rather then "I'm not sure what to block so I'd like other opinions." Because, unless their personal opinions agree with yours, the opinions are worthless (at least on a matter like this where it's pretty much based purely on personal preference to begin with.)

Unless your one of the elitists who seeks to maximize exp per hour and wants to block the slower exp tasks.

However, being slighyl inconsistent here, wyverns are on most people's block list. You'll probably want to block those.

Don't "try" to block tasks though. Do the task, if you find out you can't stand it, THEN block. At max quest points, (or, well, 250) you get 5 blocks, should be more then enough.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

How is it elitist to want to maximise xp/hr...?

I don't block tasks, then again I don't slay much. But mostly every task can be done fairly well now, if you know how. For example black dragons, steels & miths are good effigies, waterfiends are quite fast in the chaos tunnels with an iron/steel titan, wyverns are good crimsons (though slow), terror dogs and suqahs are just quick points tasks...

That being said, for faster xp, effigies, money and/or charms, you should probably block some things. Vex has an example task list here.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Blocking is highly subjective, tasks should be blocked on the basis of "gah, I can't stand this task, can't wait 'till it's over" rather then "I'm not sure what to block so I'd like other opinions." Because, unless their personal opinions agree with yours, the opinions are worthless (at least on a matter like this where it's pretty much based purely on personal preference to begin with.)

Unless your one of the elitists who seeks to maximize exp per hour and wants to block the slower exp tasks.

However, being slighyl inconsistent here, wyverns are on most people's block list. You'll probably want to block those.

Don't "try" to block tasks though. Do the task, if you find out you can't stand it, THEN block. At max quest points, (or, well, 250) you get 5 blocks, should be more then enough.

tru, i guess its all preference. just goes to show because i happen to enjoy wyverns lol

How is it elitist to want to maximise xp/hr...?

I don't block tasks, then again I don't slay much. But mostly every task can be done fairly well now, if you know how. For example black dragons, steels & miths are good effigies, waterfiends are quite fast in the chaos tunnels with an iron/steel titan, wyverns are good crimsons (though slow), terror dogs and suqahs are just quick points tasks...

That being said, for faster xp, effigies, money and/or charms, you should probably block some things. Vex has an example task list here.

Well, someone who looks purely at numbers at decides to block the 5 slowest tasks in terms of exp per hour.... I dunno, that somehow screams elitist to me. It's hard to explain, it depends on, I guess, how "much" the person blocks based on exp per hour. Like I said, if there's someone who looks PURELY at exp per hour to decide what to block.... Elitists, to me, are people who seem choose their playing style based purely on exp/hour and gp/hour, without considering much else, if anything else at all.

I dunno, it's hard to put my finger on tbh.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I think you're confusing elitist and efficient ;-). Though the two may intersect, I very much doubt that every elitist is efficient and vice versa.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I block:

Goraks - Because they're so boring and not many drops.

Warped Terrobird - I find them so annoying.

kuradal assigns neither goraks nor terrorbirds :P

but yeah go with vexn's effigyscape guide.

You should also take a look at zarfot's master slayer guide, namely the section where slayer task frequency is logged.

Naaxi.png

It really depends on personal preference, I personally block tasks that annoy me or have not much in the way of drops which has left me with Kalphites, Jungle and Desert Strykes blocked and I skip Terror Dogs, S Mages and Wyverns when I can't be bothered to do them. Really though just block tasks you can't stand doing since it will make it a lot easier to train the skill if you don't keep getting given tasks you hate.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I currently have blocked: Bloodvelds, Kaphites and Living Rock Creatures. Might block Hellhounds or Terror Dogs soon though. Bloodvelds are always busy, and their drops are rubbish, and Living Rock Creatures are just plain boring for me.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Based on your stats, I assume you have a rapier & access to super-antifires & piety.

Since you are towards the upper echelon stat-wise for Kuradel, doing noob tasks aimed at the fresh 110 combats is a waste of time, especially since they generally lack in, slayer xp/hr, charms, effigies & profit.

Quick sample list: This is just quickly & assumes you do NOT want to powerslay for effigies (since I have a guide for that and there are numerous others for powerslaying in general)

Blocked

Jungle Strykewyrms

Fire Giants

Desert Strykewyrms

Warped Tortoise

Greater Demons

Aquanites (Not unlocked)

Allow:

Black Dragons

Black Demons

Steel Dragons

Mithril Dragons

Ice Strykewyrm

Iron Dragons

Dagannoths

Aberrant Spectres (profit, fast xp when cannoned)

Dark Beasts

Abyssal Demons

Blue Dragons

Spiritual Mages (Profit)

Waterfiends (Charms)

Skeletal Wyverns (Charms)

Nechryael (Charms & Profit)

Gargoyle (Decent Profit, low effort task)

Cancel/Optionals depending on what you want out of slayer.

TzHaar (Mediocre Profit, no charms)

Dust Devils (Decent crimsons, but so are a load of other things, limited profit)

Kalphite(Uncommon assignment - should cancel)

Suqah (Fast if on Lunars, uncommon assignment)

Terror Dogs (Fast via slayer ring, uncommon assignment)

These 2 are very good for slayer xp/hr and Mutated Bloodveld are extremely good for Effigies. However both return a loss of money for no benefit other than fast slayer xp & effigies (charms are golds)

Bloodveld

Hellhounds

Cater your cancel list around whatever, but there is no real reason to do the recommended blocked tasks when you have so many other options available. Streamlining your slayer task list & treating slayer as a secondary skill, not a primary skill will help you get the best out of it. (I.e you are essentially just killing things for Slayer, so do you want more charms, more profit or more effigies, or faster XP so you can go back to camping?)

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

If you are unsure of a task, go while you arent on task and kill 30-50 of em to see if you like em, if not block em.

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

TzHaar really depend on your ability to do fight caves.

I wouldn't do them if you could get a high raw slayer xp rate.

0 effigies, 0 profit, risk of failure.

Definitely block desert and jungle strykewyrms.

the remaining 3 are the only ones I'd put under question.

I'd consider LRC because zarfot's data indicates they have a high frequency.

The same logic applies for abyssal demons but you can't get those yet.

I'd consider nechyraels as a block.

and skipping all other not so good tasks.

Personally I don't skip terrordogs, because they're just too fast a task.

Kalphites are now good because of the do no evil dungeon, from my understanding.

i personally would use points to skip task like dust devils, firegiants, and greater demons.

your stats are reasonably high. None of these 3 tasks are spectacular in any regard. Some ppl say dust devils have good crims, but, it's pretty average.

Naaxi.png

I think you're confusing elitist and efficient ;-). Though the two may intersect, I very much doubt that every elitist is efficient and vice versa.

I guess. I dunno, when I said that I imagined a person looking PURELY at exp/hour, without even trying the task out, and choosing what tasks to block and not block purely based on exp figures. (Well, I guess other things like charms, effigies but you get the point.)

If you are unsure of a task, go while you arent on task and kill 30-50 of em to see if you like em, if not block em.

Tbh, I'd do that except wait for the task. Not like you can block something before you get the task anyways. Which is why I kinda sorta think threads like this aren't ideal.

As for Tzhaar tasks, you DO have the option of NOT killing Jad and doing regular tzhaar, you know this? Personally, I'd say you might as well try all the jad tasks you get, you'll want a fire cape eventually probably (if nothing else, for ice strykewyrms.)

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I guess. I dunno, when I said that I imagined a person looking PURELY at exp/hour, without even trying the task out, and choosing what tasks to block and not block purely based on exp figures. (Well, I guess other things like charms, effigies but you get the point.)

Efficiency.

But hey, judging by the way efficient people act, I'd say it's pretty darn accurate to use "elitist" and "efficient" interchangeably.

OT: I blocked hellhounds, kalphites, steel dragons, and black demons. Thinking about removing black demons for jungle stykes though.

Staurolite.png

What's with the efficiency hate...

No it's not accurate to use efficient and elitist intechangeably, let's leave it at that.

I don't see efficiency and being an elitist as the same at all. One is how you play, the other is the attitude or mentality while you play.

To OP: It's a game, do what you find to be fun. If you want to go for exp/profit, go with what vex said.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]