New Option: Buy Banned Accounts

stormfire64

From some examples found across the interweb, the cost seems to be 3 months membership (so $18-22) across the board, but you cannot pay it using a credit card. The rollbacks done are not that harsh, harshest roll they do seem to be 99-92. The bank wipe isn't as good as I'd hoped either. There's this 1 bot on rsof actually complaining after buying account back that they left him with ONLY 300m cash and a blue phat. (here's this [wagon]... 74-75-653-62385338)

Also, that this only applies to newly banned accounts is also false. I've seen much older accounts get unbanned now with the option. (shows how much you can trust a Jmod post these days, Thanks, Mod Poppy..) If you send it your old name (there is a even a thread now in account help) you'll likely get a reply email asking to pony up the money.

And here's 1 last insult, the account they buy back gets all offences quashed and starts right again...in the green zone. "Just like you never cheated in the first place"

I'm really sick of Jagex throwing more PR fluff at us that says nothing. They didn't even wa

nt to tell us the reinstatement fee, which IMO is WAY TOO LOW. The people who actually deserve to get their account back (and reading through this thread I sympathasize with at least 1 such person) are willing to pay much higher. Having the fee so low really just encourages people to cheat more and does nothing to contr contribute to the PR goal of making cheaters pay for cheating enforcement.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My account (the only account I have ever played on) deserves this option. I really hope I get it. I started playing Runescape in September 2001. Was a member ever since it was an option.

I played it religiously all through highschool with my group of friends. After highschool I took a bit of a break, but as old friends also got back into the game so did I. around 2009, 8 years of playing the game combat level 124 or so, I cheated. I wholeheartedly regret it. I was in a rough point in my life. I was the only person in my group of friends after 8 years of playing this game I still didn't have a level 99 skill. (96hp, 93 range, 83 mining) I wanted to get a 99 so bad, I was desperate.

I heard of this autominer that my friend had been using for months. I used it and within a months time I had gotten up to level 97 mining. I really thought it was going to work, and I would have cheated my way to a level 99 that I had always wanted. Until one day I signed on and it was all over.

Without a single offense ever in the 8 years of playing this game, my account, without warning was perm-banned. I felt crushed. I immediately regretted my decisions. After two failed apology appeals, that was it. I severed all my ties from this game. It was hard. Like an old love, it was painful to try to forget. Of course 8 years of my life wasn't worth cheating. I can look back and realize how desperate I was, but have learned my lesson. I will never make that mistake if I am ever given the chance to get my account back. I remember checking back at the 6 month and 1 year anniversaries of my ban really hoping I would get a last chance appeal or something, but never anything. It has now been a year and a half since I was banned. I have obviously learned my lesson.

Even without my character or any real hopes of getting it back ever, I still find myself checking out Runescape. Seeing how the world I once loved so dearly has changed and evolved. Now that the wilderness and free trade are back, like the good old days that I was so fond of, the regret of cheating hurts far worse than ever before.

I remembered last week getting some hope when I saw the release of Banned Account Reinstatement, thinking wow, I would make a great candidate for this.

I am willing to "buy off" my penalties, if that means the month of my life I wasted running that stupid autominer and my mining reset back to level 82, I don't care I just want my account back. Anyone who has lost something they held so close for 8 years of their childhood, having been taken from them for a year and a half would learn their lesson, don't you think?

I sure have, I am willing to pay for my wrongdoings. I would become a member again and obviously a honest playing player of the runescape community.

I never received the option to buy my account back unfortunately. Is it for real only players banned after this update get this option?

That is absolutely unfair. I find it hard to believe anyone can think of a more deserving player than I to deserve something like this.

Jagex should be giving this to their now-adult players who have stuck with them since year 1, who have made 1 damn mistake and have done hard time for it, rather than letting new players slide and never really feel the hurt of being banned for so long.

So who is with me?

No, you're wrong. First of all if you bough your account back they would never get your 82 mining back, it would be left 97, for jagex keeps no records of what bots were used for bannings and what levels you had prior to using them.So basically you're left with your cheated levels. Secondly, nobody that used a bot deserves an unban. Why? because it's the worst thing to do. I used a bot 5 years ago to level my combat skills, after a month and a half or so I was banned. I played since the second year of RSC or something like that so I was drastically upset, I appealed too, but after getting my appeals denied I realised the turth. There is one way to redeem your faults: so I made an account, and I did more quests then previously, trained my skills higher then previously, - that's how I repayed my debt.

And you think you can simply wait one and a half year and pay some money to gain the mining level some people work day and night, skipping school, work, sleep and vacations to get (none is exaggerated, know some people who do all 4 things).

You were banned 1.5year ago? That's enought time to muster up some serious skills.

Those who should be unbanned are those who have been banned by mistake or without any concrete evidence, not botters that have bene caught redhanded.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

• 4 months later...

I don't have a problem with their new system. So what if Jagex are receiving more money from their players, the more more Jagex get, the better gaming experience WE will have as players as they will be spending more on updates etc. However, if the player who received a ban was stealing/hacking other peoples accounts I don't think that person should receive the option to gain access to his/her account again :)

And you think you can simply wait one and a half year and pay some money to gain the mining level some people work day and night, skipping school, work, sleep and vacations to get (none is exaggerated, know some people who do all 4 things).

Who skips work for RS? Lol.

Neppgggg.png

I don't have a problem with their new system. So what if Jagex are receiving more money from their players, the more more Jagex get, the better gaming experience WE will have as players as they will be spending more on updates etc. However, if the player who received a ban was stealing/hacking other peoples accounts I don't think that person should receive the option to gain access to his/her account again :)

Felt the need to gravedig just to add that?

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

On the other hand, people breaking the rules are giving us a worse experience. For example, assuming that Jagex gains money off of bots that buy membership (debatable, but let's assume atm), players will get a better gaming experience by your logic, but I bet there are a lot of people who would disagree, as this has resulted in a massive increase in bots over the past 5 months.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.