New Option: Buy Banned Accounts

stormfire64

Its seems like jagex has made a new decision to allow players who had their accounts banned to be able to buy it back. You can find this here. Scroll down a little bit and look for the title "Banned Account Reinstatement".

If Jagex bans any account as a result of your breach of the Rules of RuneScape and you have exhausted the Offence Appeals Process, Jagex may, in its absolute discretion, give you an opportunity to make a fixed payment to reinstate the account.

Any membership credit that is associated with an account cannot be used to pay for such reinstatement. Please note that throughout the period during which the account was banned, any membership credit will continue to expire.

Jagex is not obliged to reinstate any accounts. You are not obliged to exercise the option to reinstate your account. If you are offered the opportunity, it is entirely up to you whether you make any such payment to reinstate an account.

Any gains or advantages that Jagex considers were made as a result of using macros shall be removed from your account. You accept that the account will be returned to you, adjusted by Jagex to take account of the cheating offence, and no discussion will be entered into regarding the status of a returned account.

stormyleft.pngstormy13.gifStormfire64.pngstormyright1.gifstormyright.png

Credit To Zr for Siggy.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this means they will stop reseting stats?

I can't see this option on any of my banned accounts.

Sounds like JAGEX has to offer it to YOU for you to be able to get the option. Doesn't seem like you get the option without them offering it to you first

e:

Maybe this means they will stop reseting stats?

Any gains or advantages that Jagex considers were made as a result of using macros shall be removed from your account. You accept that the account will be returned to you, adjusted by Jagex to take account of the cheating offence, and no discussion will be entered into regarding the status of a returned account.

So looks like they can change the stats before you get the account back and after you paid. Which I'm guessing will mean they still reset stats on non-banned macroers

yes.png

I think they'll only offer you this offer depending on the circumstances as to why you're banned. eg: botting wont get it, but if you got banned for swearing in 2008, you can buy it back.

Popoto.~<3

Hmm...any teenager with a part time job could bot, get banned, and spend less time working than actually training. Lmao

They said that any gains from botting would be reset. So they'd just be paying for nothing.

IMO this is stupid. There's no way this will be a viable source of income considering the number of people who are perm banned for non-botting offences. To be even worth mentioning in the financial report it would have to cost hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros per account, even then they number of people willing to do so would be small. It just encourages people to keep acting like idiots.

Hmm...any teenager with a part time job could bot, get banned, and spend less time working than actually training. Lmao

They said that any gains from botting would be reset. So they'd just be paying for nothing.

IMO this is stupid. There's no way this will be a viable source of income considering the number of people who are perm banned for non-botting offences. To be even worth mentioning in the financial report it would have to cost hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros per account, even then they number of people willing to do so would be small. It just encourages people to keep acting like idiots.

Jagex is getting money, and the occasional continuation of membership, for extremely little effort. That's a viable source of income in any book, no matter how large.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

As long as they remove everything gained by botters, this is probably not that big a deal..cheaters only lose by losing RL cash and the time they wasted botting. Of course, that's assuming they really do remove EVERYTHING gained by cheaters.

I'm also genuinely curious as to how much...if it's like $500+ i honestly would not mind even if the botter could keep all his stats. Still probably not worth botting for anyone.

Lol...this is annoying. Seems that jagex is trying to do everything to make money seeing as funorb crashed and went down in flame-s. The whole idea of buying accounts back is pretty dumb, seeing as now any 14yr old can just steal their parent's credit card and rebuy their account should someone legitimately report them. Mind you, I'm still gonna use the report button, seeing as now my reports have monetary value...

div>

You know parents can check a monthly report of exactly what was used on the credit card right? No 14 year old is going to charge random amounts of money on his parent's credit card if it's substantial...if he does his parent's would probably ban him from RS anyway.

You know parents can check a monthly report of exactly what was used on the credit card right? No 14 year old is going to charge random amounts of money on his parent's credit card if it's substantial...if he does his parent's would probably ban him from RS anyway.

Yup. I know if I were to steal my parents' credit cards, they wouldn't just ban me from RS... They'd probably literally smash my laptop in front of me. And then, being as I am well over 14, they'd probably call the police on me :P

td2sig.jpg