New Option: Buy Banned Accounts

stormfire64

^ So this opportunity only applys to bans after 2011? Seems like rares won't be going anywhere for awhile.

I gotta say though, Jagex should focus on having more customers subscribing instead of just milking Runescape

and taking all the money they can from it and also contradicting all those past motives to stop RWTing. This change was

just silly and uncalled for. They should just sell their own gold or items while they're at it. They still earn money

and of course, ruin the game even more then before!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I met someone that botted on purpose to get his strength level reset, resulting an a lvl 37 account with 40 att, 18 str and 40 def.

I still kicked his ass at the dual arena with my legit low level staker tho :)

Heh. It's too bad that you can't set whatever level you want after you reach 99 to lower your combat. (And to raise it up again you have to pay a high amount of ingame cash. And being able to do any of this would obviously be a member's feature.) If only that were a perk of maximizing a skill. There wouldn't be much call to bot for a stat reset then.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Today I met someone that botted on purpose to get his strength level reset, resulting an a lvl 37 account with 40 att, 18 str and 40 def.

Heh. It's too bad that you can't set whatever level you want after you reach 99 to lower your combat. (And to raise it up again you have to pay a high amount of ingame cash. And being able to do any of this would obviously be a member's feature.) If only that were a perk of maximizing a skill. There wouldn't be much call to bot for a stat reset then.

Hmm, I forgot the mention the most important part, he did drag slayer before he got reset, so he had a rune plate.

If jagex really wanted to attract more customers, then they should make a runescape mobile/cellphone app...

You mean where you could play from a mobile device? The game is already pretty CPU intensive, so I wouldn't count on that happening.

w4M8t.png

Pal2002: It isn't you chose the wrong game. It's the wrong game chose you.

I had the same issue in Diablo 2 after playing 1998-2003. They made a poor move and added 200 new items more godly than the ones that took us elders years to earn. So new kids had the SAME drop rate chance as us elders to even become better at the game than us simply because of that. That's when I threw in the towel and came to Runescape.

Been here ever since. Even after the false bans, the ups and downs of kids whining for this or that. I love this game because it is imperfect and incomplete -- just like me.

If the game were finished and nothing left to change to fix. Well, what use would we the testers be for Jagex? They need us much as need them. And by the dumbfounded look on Mod Mark H's face when caught with his pants down during a hidden update to the ban system -- just that much more reason for us NOT to depart.

The intent of this thread was not to shoo users away from the game but rather to open people's eyes and have us all provide a voice for the player base of this game. Let's tell Jagex no more hidden updates, no more closed doors. They have Twitter, Facebook, even YouTube. If they made the effort to even hint to what changes are taking place in the game we live in.. I'm sure it would easily spread from player to player until we were all caught up to speed on the situation and Jagex's Big Plan to rid the game of botters and RWT once and for all.

N64jive: Same concern arises at every forum I've discussed this matter on.

Mod Mark H stated in this thread on February 3rd 2011 the change only applied to bans during or after 2011. None prior.

Bladewing: The stats are wiped. It's evidence items aren't wiped. YouTube name Symtec16 and see what I mean. Kid bots for fire cape. Jagex reset him to combat 4. Kid keeps fire cape @ combat 4.

djpailo: No one stated they are perfect.

I am the user with the most bans and the longest ban and the shortest ban in RuneScape history. (Kire667, 13 perm bans, 2 perm mutes, shortest was 24 hours, longest was 3 years.)

So no. No one claimed perfect. In fact all of us are a little ****** up in some shape or fashion (some worse than others).

Brazz: My point is they shouldn't charge us for an appeal. Extreme offenses of RWT and Bot would NEVER be given another chance if they already got a slap on the wrist with the first few reports and temp bans.

Legit players whom earn stats and don't cheat are far from perfect. We are mature enough and have morals to know that karma is a ***** and will return to bite us in the ass if we cheat the system or go around scamming every person we come across.

I know all the ins and outs of this game. I also memorized every rule to know when I've gone too far over a borderline and I know my rights as a player under their terms of use since 2003.. and oh how many times that AND the rules page have been altered or added upon.

Fact remains. Payment for our right that's already given to us as player is wrong. If they needed extra money all they have to do is match the monthly cost of World of Warcraft. I personally am willing and able to fork over $15 per month. I already pay membership on 2-3 accounts per month due to ADHD and my lack of care to stick with a single stat for too long. And I also enjoy being both a main and a pure --and a clanchat on the side of all that.

ring world: If ever you need another appeal after your final appeal and last chance appeal are exhausted -- head over to the "Account Review" thread posted by Mod Crow since March 2009. They close and re-open that thread from time to time to review a few more accounts and give second chances to everyone (except botters). This is why if you bot never admit to it. You've no idea how many botters come to me on game or YouTube and ask how to get out of ban after they've already been found guilty or openly admitted in chatlog to offense.

If your offense is mere forum ban. Pay for a new account or hop on one with over 350 skill total. Make a reply to Mod Crow's thread. Takes roughly 12-14 days for inbox ON the account name posted for review in the thread.

-Ok mate, firstly, you can't know if you have the longest ban. Maybe you do, but come on, many people out there will not reveal the length of their own ban etc but I understand where yuou are coming from.

Its interesting you say it'll take two weeks in the account review thread or the buying banned accounts? I should also add that Jagex don't unban anyone with RWT in that thread either.

Hmm, I forgot the mention the most important part, he did drag slayer before he got reset, so he had a rune plate.

You could get all of that legitly though :unsure:

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Bladewing: The stats are wiped. It's evidence items aren't wiped. YouTube name Symtec16 and see what I mean. Kid bots for fire cape. Jagex reset him to combat 4. Kid keeps fire cape @ combat 4.

are you telling me he botted the fight caves?

You could get all of that legitly though :unsure:

Rune plate with str level 18?

Please tell me a legit way to avoid the 18,650 strength exp gained by completing dragon slayer.

I think its a really horrible idea, which is why I made a thread in Rants as soon as I found out :P

Mod Mark H replied with some guff, but he didn't really say anything that isn't already general knowledge.

Hopefully Jagex only make this offer to a few people, instead of nearly everyone.

As it is, Mod Poppy's already said that they will NOT be making this offer to previously banned accounts, its only if you get banned from now on.

Sooo, there goes any hope for all the people with old banned accs :P

Taylor_Swift.png

Well, this scammer is persistent... :P

Anyway, here's some legitimate reading materials of a non-phishing nature:

Rants -> "Banned Account Reinstatement"

Quick find code: 129-130-874-62301629

Mod Mark H posts on page 45

Edited by TaylorSwift
Taylor_Swift.png

Taylor Swift: Woah? Somebody is scamming?

By the way it's good to see you joined TipIt. This was the ONLY guide website around for RuneScape Classic. Great inspiration for most of my work on a personal website and etc.

Any luck yet related to more posts/replies from Mod Mark H, Mod Poppy, or any of the others?

Star_Fox: Yes it may be some time before rares would become a problem in this. And if items DO get rolled back alongside stats THEN it will make all of the rares rise in value due to less and less in supply and demand ever present.

And yes it is only regarding bans during 2011 or after.

As for any sort of money issues. It isn't that they're poor. And if they were to be involved as a company taking part in "profiting" through RWT that would make them far worse from a player perspective than they were with merely releasing an update before fully explaining it to us. ;)

djpailo: I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. I meant in Mod Crow's thread "Account Review" it took me a couple weeks to get off ban.

I honestly lost hope. Every friend told me my account was probably banned and I'll never get it back. After seeing first hand where tehnoobshow posted a thread advertising "YouTube" and "RuneScape Gathering" in the same paragraph and was praised by Jmods rather than forum or game banned.. it gave me hope so I tried once more to appeal my ban. Sure enough Rule-11 is gone back to how it use to be in classic "No scam website mentions."

ring_world: RWT and Bot were things that Mod Andrew posted in the RS News back in December 2007. He stated why there needed to be GE and an extreme change to keep this game from going under indefinitely due to refunded/stolen credit card payment for memberships and other odds and ends related to crime lords somehow passing money off to gold selling sites so they get paid back in "clean" money that wouldn't be traced too well.

It's all very complicated but I never bot and never shall. I know full well how RWT can be abused to cause bans with no marks or evidence however. I hosted 8m in Rune drops per 90 days to celebrate each holiday at world 14 between 2003 and 2007. My account NGoR1 (stands for my website. Nothing racist before anyone jumps to the conclusion that's what led to it's ban. It's a safe storage account for all donations from my site).

The account was accused of and found guilty of RWT. Ban lasted a few years. When I returned to the account the only items someone "donated" to me were a couple runes and uncooked fish. Wasn't even that much of a donation but due to the fact perhaps this clan member took part in RWT Jagex was tracking his account and blindly accused anyone he traded for 0gp return value to ban also under such suspection. Regardless of the fact I has a clean record up until then.

For your instance of no offenses and still punished. I can tell you it happens. Sometimes they don't give reason and sometimes mistakes do occur. I'd be sure to contact Jagex through another account and let them know the name so they may review any unpublished offenses pending.

Bladewing: Perhaps he paid or lent the account to a friend to earn the cape for him. Jagex wouldn't have means to track it if they live around the same general world location. which is the case for MANY fire capes seen on players.

Bladewing: Perhaps he paid or lent the account to a friend to earn the cape for him. Jagex wouldn't have means to track it if they live around the same general world location. which is the case for MANY fire capes seen on players.

"he could have achieved the firecape illegally, therefore he did"

most of the people on these forums are guilty-until-proven-otherwise witch bot hunters, so i don't hold it against you. personally i'll stick with the innocent until proven guilty approach.

if you have proof that the player in question in fact account shared or rwt'd to get the firecape, then i'll eat my hat; elsewise i think i've proven my point.

the fire cape itself was achieved without botting

he should keep the fire cape, and get the levels reset (which is how it was done)

ehm..... really.. and he could have gotten this firecape without the HIGHER stats??

Is it confirmed that the update will only apply to recent bans and not old bans? What is classified as a new ban? Additionally, people keep saying Mod Poppy said this but I can't find it anywhere and also, Mod Poppy has nothing to do with this update, she in a customer relations role.