The grand exchange

DefenceNOOB4RS

Yes or no?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should the GE still have market prices?

I really have to say that the wildie update wasnt bad at all. I enjoy the ability to trade freely and pk in the wild at my whims, but the ge is dying a slow and painful death. The ge needs a market system still. Nobody can sell or buy ANYTHING on the ge anymore, the runescape ecominmy needs stability and the ge needs it's market system back..

It's fine the way it is. I have no problems buying or selling anything.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

1. it still has market prices listed (although they may not be accurate)

2. you can sell stuff in the ge, you are just asking too much

3. you can buy stuff in the ge, you are just offering too little

btw no one takes your economic analysis seriously when you spell it "ecominmy"

btw no one takes your economic analysis seriously when you spell it "economy"

Spelling nazis...they have arrived.

In all seriousness when i try to buy/sell at the guided price it is rediculous how little things go through. I'm still waiting for my ess to go through at it's guide price,

2. You can sell stuff in the ge, you are just asking too much.

Bull(insert profane word here) Since when are runes selling at 3gp a piece? I thought so

3. You can buy stuff in the ge, you are just offoring too little

Since when is offering 5k for an anchovie pizza to little? Exactly, the economy in rs is messed, with the options to sell and buy at one's demand nobody will be able to buy stuff for cheap, while people selling stuff will have to keep on lowering their prices untill they are selling it for less than they would to a general store.

In all seriousness when i try to buy/sell at the guided price it is rediculous how little things go through. I'm still waiting for my ess to go through at it's guide price,

Bull(insert profane word here) Since when are runes selling at 3gp a piece? I thought so

Since when is offering 5k for an anchovie pizza to little? Exactly, the economy in rs is messed, with the options to sell and buy at one's demand nobody will be able to buy stuff for cheap, while people selling stuff will have to keep on lowering their prices untill they are selling it for less than they would to a general store.

Blade was simply pointing out an obvious mistake in what is one of the key words in the entire rant. Showing one correction doesn't make someone a grammar nazi.

You have a few options when it comes to the trade prices for items.

• Give the market a week or so to begin to stabilize.
  • Not sell/buy anything until the market stabilizes.
  • Deal with it.

Did you honestly think that the biggest economic change since the removal of free trade and the implementation of the G.E. wouldn't have any impact on the prices of things?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I'm still waiting for my ess to go through at it's guide price,

mistake #1: the guide price is not necessarily the true market price.

since the price floor was removed. i bought fire runes yesterday for 3gp each.

Since when is offering 5k for an anchovie pizza to little?

since the old wilderness came back and EVERYONE has the exact same idea as you - buy anchovy pizzas to go pking. did you know that increased demand causes higher prices?

Exactly, the economy in rs is messed

no it's not

with the options to sell and buy at one's demand nobody will be able to buy stuff for cheap

you are not entitled to getting stuff for cheap instantly. if you don't like paying a lot, be patient knowing that there are others who are outpaying you. if you don't like being patient, suck it up and fork over the dough. if you dislike both, go make your own damn pizzas, the ge is not a store.

while people selling stuff will have to keep on lowering their prices untill they are selling it for less than they would to a general store.

if you don't like waiting to sell stuff, lower your asking price. if you don't like lowering your price, be patient knowing that there are others who are undercutting you. if you dislike both, maybe you should just sell it to the general store.

I haven't logged in to try out the new g/e, but the only issue I could see with the g/e is the time lag to reflect new prices. I.e. it updates only once a day.

But if anything, it is MORE economically efficient than before, as it actually reflects the true price of an item, without putting a floor or ceiling - thus limiting the magnitude an item can rise/fall. It also facilitates for efficient trade - no horrendous transaction costs which would be the case standing in world 2 and shouting "selling" something for an hour... huge opportunity cost.

Basically, the g/e this way actually reflects the TRUE MARKET PRICE - and is thus efficient. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

I haven't logged in to try out the new g/e, but the only issue I could see with the g/e is the time lag to reflect new prices. I.e. it updates only once a day.

But if anything, it is MORE economically efficient than before, as it actually reflects the true price of an item, without putting a floor or ceiling - thus limiting the magnitude an item can rise/fall. It also facilitates for efficient trade - no horrendous transaction costs which would be the case standing in world 2 and shouting "selling" something for an hour... huge opportunity cost.

Basically, the g/e this way actually reflects the TRUE MARKET PRICE - and is thus efficient. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

I really, really doubt that. You know, between updating once a day, and keeping the 5% cap on how much the "guide" price can rise/fall in that day. The average price an item buy/sells for does reflect the actual market place, yes, but in some cases that could be very difficult going just by the GE.

Still, more bloody efficient then junk trading. And the GE again beats the hell outta having a spamfest trying to sell items. All things considered however, the OP was close to the mark when he said the economy is messed; due to free trade just being implemented, PK'ing coming back and affecting the price of a large amount of items.... Not to mention old players returning to RS, although this would mainly apply to old rare-owners returning to RS.....it's very chaotic at the moment. Should settle down eventually.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I have no problems buying or selling the things I normally trade at the same, or nearly the same, prices as before the update. Though, the things I normally trade in aren't directly related to the PK update, so the chaos probably hasn't hit my corner of the market.

Still, it's only been like 3 days since the update. Chill out and give things time to settle down. EVERYONE's going crazy right now figuring out how to adapt to the new system (or re-adapt for the pre-GE veterans) and it's going to take a few weeks for prices to stabilize as buyers and sellers find a reasonable compromise.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

The ge is truly annoying though due to the way it is built. Let's say fire runes are at 5gp ea. Due to the rules, they can't increase or decrease in price, as even w/ an increase to 6gp, they'd be going up in price by 20%, 15 more than the maximum allowed.

div>

I do agree with you blade, the guided price is pretty inaccurate and it is true that people are overcutting me and undercutting me when i comes to the buying/selling aspect. The economy is wierd but not messed up, it will rebalence and hopefully people will be selling/buying within the guide prices.

But you didn't have to be such a trololol about it. X_X

I do agree with you blade, the guided price is pretty inaccurate and it is true that people are overcutting me and undercutting me when i comes to the buying/selling aspect. The economy is wierd but not messed up, it will rebalence and hopefully people will be selling/buying within the guide prices.

But you didn't have to be such a trololol about it. X_X

Blade ALWAYS seems to be like that.

The ge is truly annoying though due to the way it is built. Let's say fire runes are at 5gp ea. Due to the rules, they can't increase or decrease in price, as even w/ an increase to 6gp, they'd be going up in price by 20%, 15 more than the maximum allowed.

Not too sure which rule are you refering to, it seems that GE can go more than 5% in a day.

From what we know now, GE price have hidden decimal points, the quantity quota is still in effect and price sniping is still in effect (exact price prioritise over out-biding).

why do "retired" players still go on tip.it forums?

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

why do "retired" players still go on tip.it forums?

friends & community, they often still use off-topic

still clueless why they browse runescape subforums though.

Probably b/c they're interested in what people are saying about RS w/o having to go to the clusterbeep that is RSOF.

But I kinda agree, still weird.

I've seen the slight effect of the Runescape "economy", I have tried to buy a few basics without anything selling. I had to buy 4000 dragons bones today, they would only sell for 6.7-7.0k...... The listing price is only around 6.0k

So I can agree a little with DefenceNOOB4RS, but let's hope with free trade back things will be easier, and it will be more fun & interesting to trade again, bargain, merch.

Thanks,

Quenya

• 1 month later...

It is true, the reintroduction of free trade has made the GE far more volatile. This has the disadvantage of making it less stable, yet it also has the advantage for those willing to take a risk; it means they are able to take a chance and make a lot more money than before. Thus, the GE has become more fun and less sterile. I like this. It has the potential for both boom and collapse.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Except this is untrue for extremely cheap items, as I distinctly remember fire runes fluctuating in price.

EDIT: Just noticed that this was already addressed, sorry.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

I invoke Godwin's law, hence you are wrong [/thread]

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

There's no doubt the new update made the "economy" of Runescape crash. Prices are down dramatically on many many items (rares and discontinueds being the exception). I've seen bots being pegged as the culprit, but that whole line is bogus. The bots have increased, but not by a large amount.

On February the 1st I thought merching was dead forever, raw materials are gone for flipping, which is a major loss for a starting F2p mercher, but somehow, Junk still exists, Just check the Black Full Helms graph, Price manipulation at its finest, still happening in the fluffy way it used to be, but since Junk Trading is gone, merch clans will dump on their members, with no exception. I refrained from doing Price Manipulation, but I am quite surprised how much cash you can make in a half an hour just flipping a few santas, masks or a phat.

As previously mentioned, the bots ruin the economy, I would gladly want to pay 150gp for a Rune Essence, todays prices are ridiculous, though for the market prices, I highly disagree with not getting items, rather with items crashing too fast. It's the combination of PVP, Staking, Bots and RWT, which drains the game and make rares skyrock.

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png