Jagex Limited receives growth investment from new investors

pal2002

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what could the jagex corporation be thinking, giving investors influence in their company in exchange for large sums of money

The opposite is true as well, they need that large sums of money to gain influence.

Think about it, why some failed mmo launched by Sony or EA can get media attention, while RS and the upcoming stellar dawn is largely ignored by game magazines?

Andrew is much more involved in the higher end stuff at the moment, coming up with new projects and technologies for the company. He still has an involvement in Runescape but not as big as it used to be. Paul still very much works on Runescape although he prefers a much less "control" based position at the company. Ian I believe is currently doing the graphics for Stellar Dawn.

According to the Official credits Andrew is Jagex's Lead Developer, Paul is a RuneScape Content Developer, and Ian is a Stellar Dawn Content Developer. Andrew works across most/all of Jagex's projects, probably mostly on the technical side.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

http://www.develop-online.net/news/36967/Jagex-announces-surprise-investment-round

Here's a 2nd article that reveals that Jagex had gotten 4 new board of directors, all from some random invest firm who knows nothing about RuneScape. If I keep down this slipptery slope, next thing Anrew will quit and the Gowers will no longer be a part of RS at all....

I hope you realize the irony of your statement

hint:you used a slippery slope

Andrew is much more involved in the higher end stuff at the moment, coming up with new projects and technologies for the company. He still has an involvement in Runescape but not as big as it used to be. Paul still very much works on Runescape although he prefers a much less "control" based position at the company. Ian I believe is currently doing the graphics for Stellar Dawn.

According to the Official credits Andrew is Jagex's Lead Developer, Paul is a RuneScape Content Developer, and Ian is a Stellar Dawn Content Developer. Andrew works across most/all of Jagex's projects, probably mostly on the technical side.

Which is pretty much what I said :) although was unsure on exactly what Ian was doing on Stellar Dawn, and Ian's Wife is a content developer for RS too, so very much a Jagex family lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so Andrew and Paul have moved out from the garage with their MUD and has since then developed to this gigantic business we see today.

What I'd like to know is; how much do these new investors influence whats happening in the game today? Because, frankly, I'm not sure I like what I'm seing.

The game is moving away, faster and faster, from what I always considered Runescape to be; friendly, community-based and a place for all ages to meet plus the option for us anti-socials to skill alone of whack monsters by our selfs.

Today, it's all about events, PvP killing, Teaming bosses, mini-games where you need a team to be in (not everyone like to team!) and so on.

I do not like it one bit.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Today, it's all about events, PvP killing, Teaming bosses, mini-games where you need a team to be in (not everyone like to team!) and so on.

i have observed the opposite - until dungeoneering and nex, everything in runescape was a solo effort, and using the GE made being a runescape hermit completely possible.

i have observed the opposite - until dungeoneering and nex, everything in runescape was a solo effort, and using the GE made being a runescape hermit completely possible.

Hasn't been a solo possible game since godwars part I.

Some of us just linger because we can kind of see a small glimpse of the old game and don't care about runescape gp.

RS as a community is slowly morphing into WOW which is nothing but a bunch of ass-hats. WoW = good game, bad players.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Hasn't been a solo possible game since godwars part I.

Some of us just linger because we can kind of see a small glimpse of the old game and don't care about runescape gp.

RS as a community is slowly morphing into WOW which is nothing but a bunch of ass-hats. WoW = good game, bad players.

How can you say that and have a Tip.It account which was made well before the trade restrictions? You seriously can't remember how bad it was back then, or didn't you play RS? The community hasn't morphed in the slightest, it's just as filled with scammers and 'ass-hats' as before. Stop looking at the past with rose-tinted glasses.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Who are you addressing? Me, Golvellius or Bladewing? :unsure:

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed