Clan discussion improvements/suggestions

Danny_TeamDan

I'd like to respond of this. I know you guys do a lot of work behind the screens, but why aren't there updates of what you do? You don't have to go into detail, but a topic every few weeks with thoughts, suggestions that are being worked on by the staff would be handy. Some sort of voice where the staff explains to everybody what their views are on the past few weeks, on the new wilderness, ... I miss that here.

I also think you shouldn't keep a CL in place who hasn't even logged in in 2011, if you keep staff that is inactive (for whatever personal or not personal reason) too long listed as staff, people have a wrong idea of the size of the current active staff.

I'll bring this up amongst staff. It's a good idea and I'm sorry nobody could reply to you.

As for Pan, this is your last warning, I'm getting sick of the attacks on the staff. Also waiting on a response from zulu!

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of "armchair complainers" around here. You somehow expect the clan staff to magically make people start posting when you don't even post yourselves...sorry, but we're not miracle workers.

Gotta look at both sides though man. There's been a lot of suggestions ignored over the rebuilding process of tipit (last couple years), a lot of people wanting to help that have been pushed away. How long do you expect people to stick around and stay active if they don't get catered by the staff? Because they won't, gotta cater to the clans (..more so clan leaders) if you want them to stay active. Also, clan staff has to lead by example. That's one of the main reasons for their existence.

As for Pan, this is your last warning, I'm getting sick of the attacks on the staff.

Last warning? This is my first warning bro. You're overreacting, but your new on the job, so that's understandable i guess. For the facts that you called me out on a thread and your just a CL, makes me taking you serious impossible. Learn to PM :thumbup:

pan.png

There are a lot of "armchair complainers" around here. You somehow expect the clan staff to magically make people start posting when you don't even post yourselves...sorry, but we're not miracle workers.

Gotta look at both sides though man. There's been a lot of suggestions ignored over the rebuilding process of tipit (last couple years), a lot of people wanting to help that have been pushed away. How long do you expect people to stick around and stay active if they don't get catered by the staff? Because they won't, gotta cater to the clans (..more so clan leaders) if you want them to stay active. Also, clan staff has to lead by example. That's one of the main reasons for their existence.

As for Pan, this is your last warning, I'm getting sick of the attacks on the staff.

Last warning? This is my first warning bro. You're overreacting, but your new on the job, so that's understandable i guess. For the facts that you called me out on a thread and your just a CL, makes me taking you serious impossible. Learn to PM :thumbup:

Ok let's leave the warnings for the time being.

What would you like us to do? We've considered and discussed everything that's been brought up. While we may have been slow to act, we're not ignoring you guys...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

My only suggestion is to lose the uptight moderating styles. There's no reason to lock threads or just as bad, delete posts within a thread, just cause they're not on topic, or there's a bit of drama in the air (as long as it doesn't go too far).. let the topic progress naturally and quit being so high maintenance. If people are jumping to another topic within a thread, it's for a reason... just be happy that people are posting at all here. Can't stress this enough.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

See that sounds great in practice (and in fact we try to do so) but there are some rules that we can't tolerate being broken, such as racism and extremely inappropriate posts. Personally I try to never remove the flaming and baiting posts unless they're really bad and unnecessary - because having the drama is good to an extent. That said, not everyone likes to see it, and we do get complaints.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

My only suggestion is to lose the uptight moderating styles. There's no reason to lock threads or just as bad, delete posts within a thread, just cause they're not on topic, or there's a bit of drama in the air (as long as it doesn't go too far).. let the topic progress naturally and quit being so high maintenance. If people are jumping to another topic within a thread, it's for a reason... just be happy that people are posting at all here. Can't stress this enough.

Oh great, the "tip it is too severe" story again. How original. If there's one thing I don't think anybody can complain about it's about the mods their looseness imho. Please give examples of what you say, I'll give examples of why you can't complain:

1. This topic got locked (http://forum.tip.it/topic/288420-is-tip-it-dead-or-not/) for a good reason. It was a useless topic, so no need to keep it open.

2. This topic is handeled very loose imho. (http://forum.tip.it/topic/287474-please-welcome-our-newest-cl/ ) Its a congratz topic, but yet again some cowboys find it necessary to start baiting and whining about stuff going on or not going on at tip it CD, instead of putting some effort in making a decent well typed out topic to discuss it. Only Danny decided to do that, but of some of the others I am yet to see a suggestion about how we can help out.

Please find me examples of too severe moderation? I'm honestly interested. Do you want a RSCommunity scenario (with all due respect) where everybody can act like a moron (well, I'm afraid it's the best some can do) and just support the decline in quality clans have to suffer the last years? I sure don't.

signature4s.jpg

Oh great, the "tip it is too severe" story again. How original. If there's one thing I don't think anybody can complain about it's about the mods their looseness imho. Please give examples of what you say, I'll give examples of why you can't complain:

1. This topic got locked (http://forum.tip.it/topic/288420-is-tip-it-dead-or-not/) for a good reason. It was a useless topic, so no need to keep it open.

2. This topic is handeled very loose imho. (http://forum.tip.it/topic/287474-please-welcome-our-newest-cl/ ) Its a congratz topic, but yet again some cowboys find it necessary to start baiting and whining about stuff going on or not going on at tip it CD, instead of putting some effort in making a decent well typed out topic to discuss it. Only Danny decided to do that, but of some of the others I am yet to see a suggestion about how we can help out.

Please find me examples of too severe moderation? I'm honestly interested. Do you want a RSCommunity scenario (with all due respect) where everybody can act like a moron (well, I'm afraid it's the best some can do) and just support the decline in quality clans have to suffer the last years? I sure don't.

Do you want an RSC scenario where more than 5 posts are made a day on the clan discussion part of the forums? Ever since Tip.it was surpassed by RSC in activity they've defaulted on the "RSC may be more active but we have the better/more mature community" excuse, and while it may have been true at some point, it sure isn't now.

Leader of Nexus

Solace FA

PI6lf.png

http://www.nx-clan.com/

Do you want an RSC scenario where more than 5 posts are made a day on the clan discussion part of the forums? Ever since Tip.it was surpassed by RSC in activity they've defaulted on the "RSC may be more active but we have the better/more mature community" excuse, and while it may have been true at some point, it sure isn't now.

There isn't really much of a community period. Not trying to be a negative Nancy or anything, but it's true. If we had more people posting then maybe it would be possible.

I notice a lot of people targeting the staff. Yes I did target the staff myself but the way I see it, they're doing nothing wrong. It's just that when there's a problem that can't be fixed, those in charge are quick to be blamed. Yes, each community has its negatives and positives, but we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to RSC. We should be focused on improving our own community, if that does mean taking some ideas from RSC then so be it, but our community is more important.

j0xPu5R.png

I'd like to respond of this. I know you guys do a lot of work behind the screens, but why aren't there updates of what you do? You don't have to go into detail, but a topic every few weeks with thoughts, suggestions that are being worked on by the staff would be handy. Some sort of voice where the staff explains to everybody what their views are on the past few weeks, on the new wilderness, ... I miss that here.

I also think you shouldn't keep a CL in place who hasn't even logged in in 2011, if you keep staff that is inactive (for whatever personal or not personal reason) too long listed as staff, people have a wrong idea of the size of the current active staff.

*whistles*

>people ask for updates

>staff gave updates on ML project

>main coder left the team, no remaining people to dedicate time with it

>OMG Y NO MLS

>OMG Y NO UPDAETZ

>mfw

For a lot of basic, fundamental issues such as increasing activity that everyone tries to work on daily, it's impossible to really 'update' on, isn't it? And aside from that, I'm sure that big projects would be announced, like the tourneys were, etc.

hzvjpwS.gif

I've seen one too many posts from mods saying "stay on topic" and even going as far as deleting half the threads (especially controversial war topics), because they've either gone off topic or there's too much flaming. As long as there isn't something really innapropriate (such as racist comments or extremely personal attacks), then there is NO reason to delete it. I personally don't need to be babysat, and that's why I feel this way. Don't have anything against the mods, but would like to see them loosen up a bit... I'm not saying this for the sake of complaining, but just expressing how I really feel. The lock/delete-everything attitude really brings the mood down here.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

For a lot of basic, fundamental issues such as increasing activity that everyone tries to work on daily, it's impossible to really 'update' on, isn't it? And aside from that, I'm sure that big projects would be announced, like the tourneys were, etc.

If you are seriously suggesting that in times like these there isn't anything to update/communicate about, then our opinions couldn't lie further from eachother :mellow:

signature4s.jpg

When DV was here, tip.it was much more active, I suggest bring Dv back! :D

dv-1.png

tbh we(tpr) sucked, failed pull and failed performannce and I almost dc every 3 secs thats why I had to snipe then when I tanked I went out of bounds sorry. Sorry about the masssniping too we were so crap that in the end no one was calling and everyone was making their own thing.

When DV was here, tip.it was much more active, I suggest bring Dv back! :D

No, TPR ending you was reason it was active.

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png