Attention abyssal demon slayers!

jetset516a

Please continue to ignore infernal ashes. They are not worth any money, and certainly do not give decent prayer experience. Please. Leave them on the ground. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Seriously...when they first came out (ok it's been all of what a week?) it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize that with a simple click you get pretty decent prayer xp, damn close to that of d bones. So from the start unless you're 99 prayer, what kind of lazy moron do you have to be to not click all of two times?

Truth be known I'm extremely happy so many players are this lazy. I've upped my prayer quite a bit, and have a TON of ashes in my bank for ecto-ing.

Are that many players this stupid/lazy or is the slayer tower just filled with botters?

Well, this is one part of free trade/ash update I'm generally extremely happy about. Just the little problem about my "packrat-itis" on blue drag tasks with people leaving hides. There cannot be hides left on ground! *must pick up*. My poor, overworked yak :grin:

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

You can't even bank all ashes/hides/bones at most tasks, unless you actually move to the bank, so yeah, I'll be happy to supply you with ashes :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I also pick up those blue dhides people leave on the floor :#:

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

You can't even bank all ashes/hides/bones at most tasks, unless you actually move to the bank, so yeah, I'll be happy to supply you with ashes :P.

Haven't tested abbies yet, but at nechs I easily banked all my ashes. Don't really think I came under 36 spec points on yak either. The nice thing about both abbies and nechs is that even tho they now drop keepable ashes, the majority of their other drops are stackables. So not the same strain on inv space. I am far from super efficient when slaying but I do pick up a lot and ship to bank/stuff in my yak.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

This. I might lazily pick them up here and there, but I have demons to kill and no time to run around. Not happy unless I'm gaining 120k slay exp/h and over one gigabillion geepees/h.

Love,

Efficiency Clown

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

i pick up all the ashes I see at abyssal demons. Banking takes about 30 seconds, so my yak not keeping up is hardly an issue.

Thanks for the money Obt and Quy :thumbsup:

(ib4efficiency proving it's inefficient for me to pick them....let alone kill abyssal demons....)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

yeah you can bank 150 ashes an hour without summoning potions, but can kill many more. my point was that picking up ashes will not slow you down of you are good at picking up drops (i.e. while you are attacking another demon)

so OP is mad that others leave ashes worth 4k on the ground for him to take for free?

Not at all! I love it when people who play a game that is just clicking a mouse being too lazy to click a mouse. Sure, banking is the best option, but as I said before, unless you're already at 99 prayer you an idiot for not taking the xp. Just pick them up & scatter them. Just kinda ironic imo.

All true efficiency pros ignore all whip drops.

All true efficiency pros can pick up the whip while going to the next demon without losing an attack turn.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

This happens everywhere. I don't have any exciting stories because I'm just f2p but good example is hill giants. People leave big bones, I mean isn't the only reason you go to Hill Giants either to train prayer with combat or bank the drops for some quick money? They also leave limps, another decently prized item. At Moss Giants if other people are there they leave the mith swords, big bones, black half shields, basically everything. And I can most often get these people to talk so it isn't like they are botting.

Cow Hides are about the only thing picked up off of cows, at low cooking levels the meat is good free exp and the bones are still exp, but no, people would rather sit around trying to act cool then get there stats up.

Oh and everywhere I go people do not pick up rune drops. I have 200 law runes in my bank, and I haven't bought a single one, and only picked about half of those off of my own kills.

/randomthoughtsonpeoplenotpickingupanythinguseful

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

so OP is mad that others leave ashes worth 4k on the ground for him to take for free?

Not at all! I love it when people who play a game that is just clicking a mouse being too lazy to click a mouse. Sure, banking is the best option, but as I said before, unless you're already at 99 prayer you an idiot for not taking the xp. Just pick them up & scatter them. Just kinda ironic imo.

nice avatar btw.

anyway, people say slayer is good becouse it trained many skills at once (slayer, combat, herb, sumoning) and makes money.

picking up the ashes really is what you should do in slayer, it just adds more to profit/xp. after all, would you not pickup dragon bones if on, say, a steel dragon task?

besdies, 1 inventory space used by an urn can store 25 abyssal demon ashes. and it does that without you needing to think about it.

and then you can empty that inventory space once its full, efectively getting 30 ashes at the cost of nuthing (telyporting in a urn gives a 20% boost in xp. aka 25 x1.2 = 30).

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

nice avatar btw.

anyway, people say slayer is good becouse it trained many skills at once (slayer, combat, herb, sumoning) and makes money.

picking up the ashes really is what you should do in slayer, it just adds more to profit/xp. after all, would you not pickup dragon bones if on, say, a steel dragon task?

besdies, 1 inventory space used by an urn can store 25 abyssal demon ashes. and it does that without you needing to think about it.

and then you can empty that inventory space once its full, efectively getting 30 ashes at the cost of nuthing (telyporting in a urn gives a 20% boost in xp. aka 25 x1.2 = 30).

Except... you can't empty urns to get the ashes back.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Well you lose out on the ability to ecto/sell the ashes but in return you gain prayer experience while slaying, prayer experience that you don't have to think about. And from what I can gather stocking up on ashes to sell or ecto means you need 96 summoning, which I'm sure quite a few people do not have. Seems like a plus to me to bring a prayer urn if you are < 96 summoning, you get more experience and don't even have to slow down at all as some people mentioned earlier.

Not to mention two weeks ago you didn't even have the option to get prayer off of abbysal demons.

/morerandommusings

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D