Jad healers and out dpsing them

Kodia

Stats should be working in my sig but it has been a long long time since I posted here. I have never attempted Jad before but I have watched many videos on him. I also have read many guides and also searched both this forum and the RSO one. I have a few simple questions that I have read many conflicting responses to. I am not afraid of melee being more of a challenge if it will suit me better.

The reason I want to kill him now is for fire cape but also for when I get 93 slayer for the ice worms.

1. At what level can you out dps Jad's healers with melee? This is without overloads or turmoil. I am not a fan of range and once the healers spawn it gets more complicated. Melee you just keep wailing on him till you die or he does. I plan on using curses because the damage you reflect will be nice and also draining his str and atk for if i mess up melee pray.

2. Someone who has recently killed Jad, how do the healers work? I have heard many different things since they changed it to the healers doing their job while focused on you. If they are many spaces away can they still heal him?

3. Without overloads or turmoil is it still feasible to kill him with melee? I will do more dps and thus spend less time having to fight him. I can get claws if really needed for spec after his hp drops and am willing to put this off till higher melee stats and for when I get extremes.

4. Range is an option but I am sure I will screw up the healer part many times and is why I am not a fan of it. At first it is more simple with only having to pray against 2 attacks but once the healers spawn you have to get them on you, line them up ect. Is range REALLY that much easier? I feel it isn't.

Thanks ahead of time.

Important stats in case the sig doesn't work anymore

93 atk

99 def

92 str

80 pray

87 range

97 hp

83 herb

I don't think it's very feasiible to try it without turmoil and overloads and a chaotic imo. Er, the out DPSing them. Could be wrong though.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I out dps'd them with range using a crystal bow the last time I tried it.

That said, I used a FSH on a Jad task, and I am 99 ranged. I didn't have access to extreme ranged or rigour at that point either, so I used deflects to deal a lot of the damage.

td2sig.jpg

i out damaged with 99 attack 94 str with whip piety and supers

but i was lucky

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

Ranged is a lot easier unless you can win by veng + claws + rapier luck.

This. I killed jad about a week ago and honestly just go with ranged, your stats are more than enough to drop him. No need for extreme ranged or even prayer boosting, I was fine just using diamond e. Brew up when the last 360 is about to die in the previous wave, super restore, then use regular range pot and you should be fine. As for healers, it takes a bit of luck in regards to spawns but it really isn't too bad.

From what I've seen, it looks like a recent update made it so that if they are close enough to Jad they will still heal even if you've already shot them once. This really only happens if the healer is stuck behind him. My advice for you is not to run through; unless you are very comfortable with flashing to melee and then watching out for the next hit, you'll probably get KOed while attempting. Generally you won't be unlucky enough to have more than one healer behind Jad, with deflects on you should outdps the healing with mere ranged. However do keep in mind this means you need to tank the healers' attacks on you while carrying fairly weak melee defence, so watch your health and use sara brews to heal only immediately after Jad attacks and you've gotten the right pray put up.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

I'm going to try it with a full crystal and deflects when I get a jad task. Leech range and magic, of course.. And defense too I suppose

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

A good method I use is to range him with dia (e), then when you see the healers start coming, venge, put on claws, click quick pray which should be turmoil and soul split, and spec him out. Have rapier or maul for if the 2 specs + venge don't kill him but usually that will ko him before the healers touch him. I don't know how well this would work w/o ovls/turmoil though.

Bbk.png

From what I've seen, it looks like a recent update made it so that if they are close enough to Jad they will still heal even if you've already shot them once. This really only happens if the healer is stuck behind him. My advice for you is not to run through; unless you are very comfortable with flashing to melee and then watching out for the next hit, you'll probably get KOed while attempting. Generally you won't be unlucky enough to have more than one healer behind Jad, with deflects on you should outdps the healing with mere ranged. However do keep in mind this means you need to tank the healers' attacks on you while carrying fairly weak melee defence, so watch your health and use sara brews to heal only immediately after Jad attacks and you've gotten the right pray put up.

No, this isn't how it works. The healers heal in two situations:

1) before they've been distracted

2) after they've been distracted and while they're within melee range of your character

So if a healer can attack you, and you can attack Jad, the healer can heal. The best way to deal with this is to distract them all and then line them up so only one is attacking you (do this by running sideways several steps). That way, only one healer gonna heal, and you can outdamage it easily.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Thanks everyone for the reply's. My only other question is with my range level and range pots will I be able to out dps 2 healers? I don't think I will manage getting only one to hit me so as a worst case would 2 be manageable while they heal Jad? I plan to use leech def and leech range and keep magic pray on at all times except when I see him stomp. Will be easier to sit on mage pray and swap to range when he does a stomp rather than risk messing up. Watched videos and his damage animation is similar to the magic attack and I get messed up =(

Also I want to melee the caves except for 360's to save time. My melee stats are a good deal higher than range plus melee gets more raw dps anyway.

And out of curiosity what happened to the halberd method? Swear I have heard of it but yet don't see anything about it anymore. Terrible method I assume?

-edit-

And for jad should I get a hand cannon or two? I hear they do some real nice damage and I have 99 fm to make them blow up a lot less.

Also is it confirmed they heal him even multiple spaces away ONLY if they are in melee range of you or stuck behind him after being shot? Rather not find out different when I make it to him.

Healers now can heal + focus on you at same time? How come i haven't noticed that.

Anyhow, my advice:

Use Leech defence with a bow or crossbow and leech boss hp for 1 minute, if you can withstand prayer switching hat long.

Kill Healers

Then switch to Dharok set, get below 20 hp. And Dharok him. Use Uindentified Liquid From Digsite to get below 20 hp.

Handcannons are great for Jad imo, good range, good damage, not too fancy. I'm fairly sure you could out-dps two healers using black hide/fsh (on task).

If you are ranging Jad you should not use curses, because piety and eagle eye are both better than leeches.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

But wouldn't leech magic and range lower jags hits, making it more forgiving if you die?

Not even close to worth it. The drain is tiny enough that 2 hits will pretty much kill you even with a full leech, and meanwhile you're sacrificing your chances of out-DPSing the healers by using inferior prayers.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Woot did it my first try. Thanks to everyone and their assistance. My setup and what I did is below and I hope it helps someone else do Jad. Thanks a ton Feel free to check my adventure log to confirm the kill =D

Also I know my prayer was not the "best" and same for gear and setup. I think anyone with decent pray or range level can afford not going the extra mile because you kill faster base, plus you get more p points back per potion vs someone with bare minimum stats. This is more of a crude guide for someone around my level and not for someone who has low range, pray, and def. Simply put this is how I did it and feel free to change whatever you like. I am not claiming this is an awesome guide in any way. I am happy to be able to confirm the new healer system to anyone who is unsure what they now act like.

Any healer that isn't trying to reach you or that is meleeing you can heal jad. If they get stuck behind jad they will eventually go back to healing jad like normal. Make sure they are lined up to minimize damage to you.

My Setup was this

excaliber ee. I don't have levels for the final level

3 4 dose range pots

15 4 dose super restores

3 4 dose pray pots

4 rocktail

sw cape(didnt use it much so it was a waste but I still made it)

backup weapon I wasn't using aka whip or xbow

Yes this isn't all the best equipment but pray swapping is more important then perfect gear. At my range level I don't think it would make a huge difference. I had way too many super restores left and should have brought more food.

Head: helm of neiz

Weapons: whip and rune crossbow with broad bolts

Shield: blessed shield

Cape: accumulator

Boots: dragon boots(rofl i know but didnt care to change and its minimal range loss for me)

Gloves: barrows gloves

Legs: veracs skirt

Chest: karils top

Ring: Lumby 3 (I don't have an archer ring so went for more pray bonus)

Prayer: Leech def Leech range Reflect damage

Used all my food and had over 7 full pots of super restore left when I killed jad. I should have brought more food but oh well

Tips for waves and what I did

Food: I didn't bring enough because it was my first time going through all the waves so I had to rely on my excalibur EE to do most of the healing. I safe spotted and even sat there while waiting for my special bar to recharge so I didn't have to use my rocktails I was saving for jad. At my def level only the 90s got a few good hits in. Normally one per two I kill.

Potions: I had one too many Range pots and at least 4 or more p pots or super restore that could have been food or melee potions. I would say with your good pray bonus get an idea how many potions you need for an hour or so of non protection prayer minimum. The waves with 360s require you to basicly keep pray mage on permanently. Other guides probably can give a better idea.

For the waves I used melee a good deal and safe spotted 180s when I could such as behind other monsters or at italy rock ect.

Ranged 360s obviously. Dont think i could kite them well.

On jad

Messed up pray twice but both were smallish hits and he spawned so I could trap behind Italy rock and heal when i messed up. HIGHLY recommend viewing videos and whatnot like I did. Easy to see what attacks are what once you calm down.

On Jad's healers: I just shot them one by one ran behind italy rock to get them in a line. Then only the one who meleed me healed jad when he got low on health. I thought the rounds getting to him were harder. It might get tougher if he spawns somewhere else and you don't have an easy spot to line the healers up.

Also I can confirm that any healer NOT attacked and trying to reach you OR any healer that is in melee range of you WILL heal Jad. Make sure you move and get them unstuck from behind Jad and get them in one line so only one can hit you. Reduces their damage and also makes it easy to out dps that one healer.

Hope this helps someone else. Good luck for anyone attempting.

PS.. I used curses because I like the reflect damage ability. Yes you lose 5% def AND range BUT you reflect a decent amount back and I know cause I saw lots of 30+ damage reflects thanks to the new system. I saw a few 50s even but I can't give an exact amount of damage the reflect prayers did but overall I enjoyed the help. I feel it basicly will cancel out one healers healing. Maybe more then that. You also drain his range level which lowers his max hit and chance to hit. You lower his probably super low def already, but it helps in it's own way. Use which ever pray set you like imo but at my range level I think it isn't a huge difference. I still hit him quite easily with a rune xbow. You either prayer swap correctly and get little or no lag, or you do not and die anyways. Feel free to disagree and use whatever setup and prayers you like.

Edits just to clean it up a little because I was too excited to care much about it looking good. Also added in equipment I forgot about and other tid bits that might help others.